• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Conceptual Space Between Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
I don't know why this hasn't been done yet, but anyone who controls or destroys the Space Between Time's Magic should have Conceptual Manipulation. The Space Between Time has clearly been stated to be that of a Concept and be a direct result of the Concept of Time trying to fix itself. It's pretty simple in nature, the Space Between Time is a Concept and those who are able to control it should get Conceptual Manipulation.

Zeref freely controls it and uses it's Time Magic

Natsu explicitly destroys Time itself, which is directly the SBT's Power itself

Acnologia absorbs the SBT and uses it's Time Magic as well

So all these guys get Conceptual Manipulation. It should probably be Type 2.

Acnologia is notably able to resist this power as well, meaning he should also receive Resistance to Conceptual Manipulation

EDIT: As Zackra said, they should also get Void Manipulation from this statement.

Last edited:
I don't know why this hasn't been done yet, but anyone who controls or destroys the Space Between Time's Magic should have Conceptual Manipulation. The Space Between Time has clearly been stated to be that of a Concept and be a direct result of the Concept of Time trying to fix itself. It's pretty simple in nature, the Space Between Time is a Concept and those who are able to control it should get Conceptual Manipulation.
Wank

In all seriousness, this stuff seems pretty blatant, but I’ll wait for more info before making a definite decision, so I’ll be neutral leaning towards agreeing

Changing my vote to neutral for now. I've contacted DT and Ultima so we could get their responses as well.

Looking at the actual images, Anna says it's like a concept, but she doesn't outright say that it is. She even gives theories that she isn't even sure of herself, so I wouldn't call her statement reliable.

Looking at the actual images, Anna says it's like a concept, but she doesn't outright say that it is. She even gives theories that she isn't even sure of herself, so I wouldn't call her statement reliable.
Anna was just amending her previous statement, as the word power doesn't justify what it is.

We've seen even the likes of Mavis do this who is only second to Zeref in terms of intelligence, it's just a trope that Mashima uses to convey things that are more complex and allows a casual reader to understand it better.

I agree with this too except for the void manipulation part since the space between time is filled with time magic, it isn't a "void" by this site's standards afaik, so I'm neutral on that part for now. But I'm in favour of existence erasure instead because it's reiterated that the plan was to erase Acnologia from existence using the space between time and no one's supposed to be able to exist inside it.

Last edited:
Natsu should get NPI too, you know, for being able to burn away Zeref's Time Magic, and also his Magic/Ethernano itself.

So he should have NPI for Conceptual AE type 1, and, for burning away something physically imposible as Magic is.

Actually, I'm also surprised why he didn't have NPI way before, the feat itself was portrayed in the manga/Anime like 3 years ago, lol.

Nastu was able to interact with Shadow Magic as seen in the Erigor arc so he probably should’ve had elemental NPI awhile ago

And him burning magic as well as his own soul has been seen multiple times
(and magic it self has a spiritual component/its own soul)

So I agree with NPI for Natsu

I’m neutral on the Void vs Existence erasure as brought up by Nerd

Would Natsu get resistance to it as well for fighting and beating Acnologia and Zeref?
... Would Ichiya for surviving in the Space Between Time?

What about the other Seven Dragon Slayers? Would they get it as well for being in the Space Between Time?

Would Natsu get resistance to it as well for fighting and beating Acnologia and Zeref?
... Would Ichiya for surviving in the Space Between Time?

What about the other Seven Dragon Slayers? Would they get it as well for being in the Space Between Time?
Ichiya and Anna ar outliers, the time magic was too immense for Acnologia himself even if we exclude this, so it would be nonsensical that they'd survive it eitherway.

Moreover Acnologia entered the rift first and got hit by it, it's possible that he has already devoured the time magic by the time they entered it too and has just been trying to control it.

In case of Dragon Slayers, Acnologia already devoured the time magic inside ROT and gained control over it. He needs the Dragon Slayers to channel their magic power and stabilize his own.

Nastu was able to interact with Shadow Magic as seen in the Erigor arc so he probably should’ve had elemental NPI awhile ago

And him burning magic as well as his own soul has been seen multiple times
(and magic it self has a spiritual component/its own soul)

So I agree with NPI for Natsu

I’m neutral on the Void vs Existence erasure as brought up by Nerd
Don't forget Conceptual NPI for AE type 1

Ok, so far here's what's being suggested, we have....

Conceptual Maniulation for Zeref, Natsu, and Acnologia

Resistance to Conceptual Manipulation for Acnologia

Void Manipulation for Zeref, Natsu, and Acnologia

Resistance to Void Manipulation or Existence Erasure for Acnologia

Elemental and Conceptual NPI for Natsu

Thoughts everyone? What do we agree with here and disagree with here?

While it is a gap in time and a true void in Fairy Tail, I don't think it fits the standards of void manipulation because it contains time magic while it's supposed to be absolute nothingness. Not sure about this tho

While it is a gap in time and a true void in Fairy Tail, I don't think it fits the standards of void manipulation because it contains time magic while it's supposed to be absolute nothingness. Not sure about this tho
Pretty sure not all voids need to be timeless, given time doesn't exist in a physical and metaphysical sense. which is what pages like NEP type 1 says is considered nonexistence.

Pretty sure not all voids need to be timeless, given time doesn't exist in a physical and metaphysical sense. which is what pages like NEP type 1 says is considered nonexistence.
It’s not that it has time but that it has infinite time magic inside it. Even when we see inside SBT, it also contains crystals and other rock formations which would mean it’s not a void.

She said it's like a concept but she never said it was one. Like a concept =/= A concept.

Also I still wouldn't consider her reliable. She said that nothing can exist in the SBT and that it has no feats of erasure, though even Ichiya can survive in it and he isn't resistant to EE. Zeref would be far more reliable as he's far more knowledgeable on it than she is, but he never once called it a concept.

So I disagree/neutral on the Conceptual Manipulation.

I mean she's calling it a Concept and then directly says it's a direct result of the Concept of Time

So I still think it qualifies for being a Concept

Shouldn't Anna receive Conceptual manipulation as well? she was trying to force open SBT and it just couldn't because Zeref was already controlling it

I have my doubts about the resistance to emptiness

it didn't show any consequences when Natsu burned the time, so I'm not sure this Conceptual NPI is acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back