• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Ars-Magia Scaling

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
This is a topic I have become far more neutral about after a while, but August’s Ars-Magia has a High 6-A calc and this discussion is about whether or not to scale the God Tiers to that calc

I believe the God Tiers would scale to Ars-Magia, cause while yes, it is a suicide attack, August’s sacrificial magic power should not be greater than or even equal to Fairy Heart and Acnologia, August is willing to do anything for Zeref, so he would gladly give his life to kill Acnologia, yet he was confident and sure in fact that he had no way to defeat Acnologia, that means that his Ars-Magia and sacrificial magic power would not be able to defeat Acnologia, yet he believed the Fairy Heart could and had a better chance, August is one of the smartest characters in the verse and does not lie or hype things up falsely, so the fact that he considers Fairy Heart greater than anything he has, means that Fairy Heart should scale above Ars-Magia, this is supported by Fairy Heart being the “Pinnacle of all magic” and having “No limits”, Fairy Heart is just hyped up as the strongest magic power, as for Acnologia, I mean August thought he had no way to win against him, so Acnologia should just scale above Ars-Magia, so what do you guys think about this? Personally I am very neutral about this now and am fine with whatever result happens

If Ars-Magia scaling is not accepted, then the God Tiers not including SDFF Natsu and Fairy Heart will be slightly upgraded to "At least 6-A+, likely High 6-A" based off of Giant Gajeel's calc, last thing we just need to do it to add a Command T Gajeel Key and 100 Year Quest Dragon Force Natsu key for both of those characters respectively, this will likely by controversial, so let's just keep everything civil and polite here

Agree with Ars-Magia Scaling: 11 (DemonGodMitchAubin, DragonGamerZ913, SamanPatou, SenseiKeleon, Zackra1799, AnonymousBlank, LordGinSama, Elizhaa, DarkDragonMedeus, Zencha9, Dragonmasterxyz)

Disagree with Ars-Magia Scaling: ()

Last edited:
I'm not the most knowledgeable on FT but I'll play Devil's Advocate to see if this is worth the revision.

Is the only reason why Ars-Magia would be unable to kill Acnologia is because of insufficient AP?

Doesn't Acnologia have the ability to negate non-Dragon Slayer magic? Or couldn't he be fast enough to evade its effects and kill August if August were to try and use it against him?

It is quite possible, yes, Acnologia resists Magic, however we don’t fully know if August knows that, we don’t know the primary reasoning behind August’s dejection of fighting Acnologia, all we know is that he was confident that the only person who stood a chance against Acnologia was Zeref with Fairy Heart, so to me, that signifies that Fairy Heart>Ars-Magia, this is also backed by Fairy Heart being the strongest magic power

So I believe it is acceptable to assume Fairy Heart and Acnologia are above Ars-Magia, but I’m still neutral as it is a little vague as to the specifics

I'm not the most knowledgeable on FT but I'll play Devil's Advocate to see if this is worth the revision.

Is the only reason why Ars-Magia would be unable to kill Acnologia is because of insufficient AP?

Doesn't Acnologia have the ability to negate non-Dragon Slayer magic? Or couldn't he be fast enough to evade its effects and kill August if August were to try and use it against him?
It's unlikely that August knew of this magic resistance, as he still believed in Fairy Heart Zeref's ability to defeat Acnologia, even though Fairy Heart uses magic.

I support Ars-Magia scaling to the god tiers because of what I just said, and also because it's consistent with the fact that Fairy Heart is consistently depicted as the pinnacle of magic and is described as (compared to all other forms of magic) having "no limits."

Edit: It's also worth noting that despite it being a suicide attack, August has shown to be more than willing to sacrifice himself for Zeref's cause (the fact that he even used Ars-Magia to begin with is indicative of this), so if he believed Ars-Magia could defeat Acnologia, it would be in character for him to use it.

I lightly agree with the god Tiers scaling to Ars magia

But it should be noted that august was conceived around the year X697 and August should have been born not to long after considering the fact that Precht left an infant August in the mountains while precht was still young

Yet we know Precht when older leaves the guild and names Makarov the third Guild Master of the Fairy Tail Guild at age 40

so August was definitely born by that time and had ran into Zeref and joined up with him long before the time Makarov was made guild master

And we know the spriggan 12 had already been created 10 years prior to the start of the year X784 and August having already been with Zeref by that time should have been apart of the group we also know that in the Alvarez kingdom August has lived a long life even becoming a legend in that country

We also know that August has possessed Ars Magia ever since his birth and would be willing to use it if need be

Yet we know that in the futures of both Lucy and Rouge all the humans were no match for the 10,000 dragons or Acnologia

We know that in Lucy’s future that 10,000 destroyed the human society and ruled the world despite August being around along with the Spriggan 12 and Zeref and fairy heart and Etherion and Dragon Cry all being around or available for use
the humans still stood no chance against the 10,000 Dragons and were defeated

And we know that in future Rouges timeline where the 10,000 dragons didn’t show up
that left Acnologia alone being the only one able to single handedly rule the would and defeated all the humans with very few being left alive and having to hide in secret and Acnologia did all this despite August being around while possessing Ars Magia along with the Spriggan 12 and Zeref and fairy heart and Etherion and Dragon Cry all being around or available for use the humans still stood no chance against the black dragon

So the fact that August and Irene and Zeref all believed that humanity had no way to oppose Acnologia and the only way they even stood a chance was with Fairy Heart that would show that Ars Magia would be ineffective against Acnologia

so that Should show that the god Tiers>Ars Magia

This is VERY hard for me. While it’s true that Ars-Magia is inferior to FH, it’s also a suicide attack that wasn’t completed (only destroyed a few buildings and such) and it ALSO ignores durability and I don’t think we could even scale characters to it

This is VERY hard for me. While it’s true that Ars-Magia is inferior to FH, it’s also a suicide attack that wasn’t completed (only destroyed a few buildings and such) and it ALSO ignores durability and I don’t think we could even scale characters to it
It does High 6-A levels of damage AND it ignores durability via blood vaporization. Simply put, it does both (August said it was powerful enough to destroy a country and Mavis said it melts the land, hence, it has sheer power behind it as well). Also, it would've been completed if August didn't choose to stop the spell upon seeing Mavis.

But the mere fact is was the durability negation and wasn’t Mavis during that the the FH (the one that was coughing up blood?)

Mavis doesn't scale to Fairy Heart... She never activated it cause she thought it was too dangerous

It also seems like Ars Magia seems to negate or induces a sort of malfunction on the use of others magic as Mavis was unable to use her telepathy

So if August used Ars Magia against Acnologia it should have caused a malfunction to Acnologia’s use of dragon slayer magic and his resistances to magic
so basically it should logically leave Acnologia defenseless

So the fact that In Rouges timeline Acnologia still defeated all the humans despite August still being around

And the fact that August still firmly believed that he couldn’t put down Acnologia points to Acnologia being above Ars Magia

If Ars-Magia gets accepted: High 6-A, likely higher

If Ars-Magia gets rejected: At least 6-A+, likely High 6-A

@Zackra1799

If Ars-Magia Scaling gets accepted, this is the God Tier Scaling

High 6-A, likely higher (14.4 Petatons, likely 33.6 Petatons): Savage Dragon Fire Natsu, Seven Fire Dragons Natsu, Ignia's Power Natsu, 100YQ Dragon Force Natsu, Fairy Heart Zeref, Dragon Form Acnologia (Pre-SBT), Human Form Acnologia (Post-SBT), Igneel, Mercphobia, Ignia, Aldoron, God Seed Aldoron, Giant Gajeel

High 6-A, likely higher (28.8 Petatons, likely 67.2 Petatons): Dragon Form Acnologia (Post-SBT)

If Ars-Magia Scaling doesn't get accepted, this is the God Tier Scaling

At least 6-A, likely High 6-A (At least 1.4 Petatons, likely 33.6 Petatons): Savage Dragon Fire Natsu, Fairy Heart Zeref

At least 6-A+, likely High 6-A (At least 3.6 Petatons, likely 33.6 Petatons): Seven Fire Dragons Natsu, Ignia's Power Natsu, 100YQ Dragon Force Natsu, Dragon Form Acnologia (Pre-SBT), Human Form Acnologia (Post-SBT), Igneel, Mercphobia, Ignia, Aldoron, God Seed Aldoron, Giant Gajeel

High 6-A, likely higher (At least 7.2 Petatons, likely 67.2 Petatons): Dragon Form Acnologia (Post-SBT)

This is the scaling for both scenarios

From what I can see/remember
  • August with Ars Magia thinks base Acno slaps him.
  • August thinks only FH Zeref can beat Acno.
  • FH is called the pinnacle of magic and beyond every other magic which includes Ars Magia.
Put me down for God Tiers > Ars Magia until something new comes up.

I'll just ask the obvious question: Did Zeref know about Ars Magia? If yes, then I agree, if not, then not.

Last edited:
I'll just ask the obvious question: Did Zeref know about Ars Magia? If yes, then I agree, if not, the not.
Well, I don't see why he wouldn't know about it, Zeref is a genius of magic who is the smartest person in the verse who knows more than Irene, also Mavis, who is less intelligent than Zeref and was even his student was able to recognize the spell as Ars-Magia instantly

I mean Zeref knew about the space between time which no one in the world knew about besides Anna so i don’t see why he wouldn’t know about one of his soldiers and their abilities

he also recognized the use of the other spriggan 12 and their magics such as Larcade and Irene and invel so it possible he would recognize Ars Magia

And Zeref was confident in the spriggan 12’s ability’s as he thought he could win the war against Ishgar this time around so he has to have an idea on how strong they are

And I mean Acnologia still was able to rule the world In future rouges timeline despite August being around

Iirc August is actually stated somewhere in the manga to be even better at spells than even Zeref. or something along those lines. Imo White Zeref>>> Ars Magia >> Base Zeref > Dark August >> Base August

Scaling to the god tiers to White Zeref and up should be fine, going by the power system Fairy has. Although I still have issues with Zeref's Fairy Heart Infinite magic thing being legitimate. Going by Fairy Tail's own power system, Zeref should be High 3-A - Low 2-C physically since the amount of magic is tied to the amount of AP one has. Am I the only one who sees the issues with this? Alas this isn't the thread for that, but under the current power system we have this should scale to White Zeref and upwards.

i'm pretty sure we don't treat infinite power = High 3-A
otherwise Obelisk would've been High 3-A a long time ago

Last edited:
Yea it’s stated August’s magic power far outclasses that of the other spriggan 12

and in terms of the amount of different magics he can use makarov says he “may” out due Zeref in that respect

though makarov did say he didn’t know much about august the only thing he knew for sure was that he had more magic power than the rest of the spriggan 12

Well, amount of magic power means stronger, how many types of magic someone has doesn’t

Someone ask staff members to see if this is ok cause I need to know if people can scale to durability negation

Plus his durability isn't very impressive, like average or so resistance to heat would counter it since the blood vaporization is a result of the heat.

Pretty dookie tier durability negation, it's different from something like Law's spatial slashing since there's no damage done.

I have already contacted some other staff, let’s wait for their responses

Did the staff members see everything though? Life what Ars Magia did as a feat? I meant is to post the scan that shows the feat of what August did and ask them to see it cause the scan isn’t in the OP

Last edited:
Did the staff members see everything though? Life what Ars Magia did as a feat? I meant is to post the scan that shows the feat of what August did and ask them to see it cause the scan isn’t in the OP
It's really straightforward though. Ars-Magia was going to melt all of Fiore, hence the High 6-A feat. Yeah, it can ignore durability to an extent, but it does have sheer power behind it as well.

Back