• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Explosion/Blast and The Nuke Calculator

AidenBrooks999

VS Battles
Retired
Normally we use this calculator to find out the power of an explosion (http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Science/Nuke.html)

But the minimum power insertable is 0,001 MT, which gives a "air-blast radius" minimum of 280 meters, so my question is: how to find the power of an explosion of a radius smaller than 280 meters? (In this case, I have a blast radius of 163.65 meters)

ChaosTheory123 said:
Doubling the blast radius requires 8 times the energy
1 megaton has half the radius of an 8 megaton explosion as an example

Only talking "air blast radius" though
That method gives me 200 tons of TNT

I calculated the radious of explotions that are less than 0.001 Megatons... but I haven't it right now

Here:

36.452 m to 63.731 m= Large Building

63.731 m to 131.488 m= City Block level

131.488 m to 280 m= Multi City Block level

@Basilisk1995 Can you plis explain me this?

where C is a dimensionless constant that is a function of the ratio of the specific heat of air at constant pressure to the specific heat of air at constant volume. The value of C is also affected by radiative losses, but for air, values of C of 1.00-1.10 generally give reasonable results.
92f8c563e6d8007042849c3549a05d77

Back