• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Explain A Plot Badly

A story-driven JRPG which both parodies and homages the old classics of the genre, about a child going on an adventure through a fantasy land, meeting and befriending various monsters rather than killing them, and solving an ancient conflict through peace and coexistence.

Have you guessed what game it is?

Monster Girl Quest, obviously, what else?

@Matt

Undertale. Not particularly hard.

Try this:

"In the late 19th century, a legendary manslayer tries to distance himself from his former life after the death of his first love, trying to walk among the rapidly changed society he helped build as a wandering nobody. However, circumstances require him to make use of his skills once more, forcing him to choose between maintaining his current lifestyle or returning to the life of a cold-blooded killer."

@Matt

That's what I get for not reading "JRPG" while simultaneously panicking over the online quiz I just got from my college professor even though I still have more than ten days until classes start. Doesn't help that I've never played Monster Girl Quest. Thanks for helping me look like a moron.

But anyone get mine?

Matthew Schroeder said:
meeting and befriending various monsters rather than killing them, and solving an ancient conflict through peace and coexistence.
It's a matter of perspective and what version you're playing.

YHVH's Final Form in Apocalypse is clearly based on Ilias' Final Form in Monster Girl Quest.

They're nearly identical, except MGQ came first by 3 years.

A policemen investigates a bunch of half-decapitations, then joins a team consisting of a sociopathic superhuman sword user, a wizard with tatoos and ADHD, two squid girls, an angry comptuer hacker, and a woman who keeps a bazooka in her car when driving to work "just in case" in order to stop mind controlling aliens

Fate

Legendary mythological characters are turned into cute girls and put in a fight to the death

Gargoyle One said:
Fate

Legendary mythological characters are turned into cute girls and put in a fight to the death
Change mythological characters to anything even slightly existential and you've got Valkyrie Crusade.

An alien kills and eats everything in sight in a rampage and beats up his colleagues because he lost his cake.

Kirby: Squeak Squad

A pink blob kills a Universe level being but will never become 3A cause obvious outlier is obvious

A man cures a vegetarian girl of horrific deformities by feeding her strange meat that she slowly becomes addicted to - Pandora's Tower

a battle royale where u summon people for a wish thing that turns out to be a shitty wish granter that also where gender bending heroes is a thing

Back