• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Evil Within Tier Change Thread

Jackythejack

They/Them
I'm only making this thread because it changes a tier and removes some matches and I wanna make sure I have the right AP values. this was approved and the important calc to me is the Evil Within one, which would upgrade Sebastian to 9-A.

In the comments LIFE OF KING showed an example of the feat happening twice in one move, which would effectively double the given results. During my long amount of time playing this game I've never seen something like that happen, and I was wondering if it should be counted since it's such a rare occurrence. I don't know how we handle things that could technically happen in game but are so rare that they may as well not.

Not quite sure about the upgrade applying to sebastian physically . I know with other verses like this, it’s possible that Sebastian is only wearing the amalgam alpha down over the course of their fight via various wall level attacks. Especially since in the chase before this chapter the amalgam alpha can one shot sebastian if he catches him. And the Amalgam alpha can one shot Seb in his second phase always.

Not quite sure about the upgrade applying to sebastian physically . I know with other verses like this, it’s possible that Sebastian is only wearing the amalgam alpha down over the course of their fight via various wall level attacks. Especially since in the chase before this chapter the amalgam alpha can one shot sebastian if he catches him. And the Amalgam alpha can one shot Seb in his second phase always.
Eh, I'd argue that even then Sebastian can take hits from enemies that are comparable to Amalgam. Bosses in the second game and some in the first game. He's taken a full hit from Amalgam before and can do so during the boss fights, even surviving being smashed through concrete walls by Amalgam Alpha, and in the end boss fight with monster Ruvik he survived being smashed through an entire building.

Eh, I'd argue that even then Sebastian can take hits from enemies that are comparable to Amalgam. Bosses in the second game and some in the first game. He's taken a full hit from Amalgam before and can do so during the boss fights, even surviving being smashed through concrete walls by Amalgam Alpha, and in the end boss fight with monster Ruvik he survived being smashed through an entire building.
Why are the bosses in the second game comparable to the Amalgam? and none of them really have similar feats. Baring maybe stephano and the Matriarc.
And in the first game same, the amalgam is an amalgam of consciousnesses that Ruvik tormented. And Ruvik is the only one that would be superior. And Ruvik Also one shots Sebastian when he hits them full on. and the Smashed through the building scene looks a bit ambigous on if the attack actually full on hit sebastian.
Plus it does seem inconsistant if the amalgam can one shot Sebastian. Since sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. Like I mentioned in the chase scene if sebastian doesn't outrun it he gets one tapped.

And a lot of the time in cutscene when Sebastian takes a hit from these bosses he's pretty injured.

not that I'm against small building level Sebastian. But I'm just a bit cautious about it.

They're likely comparable to Amalgam simply because, like, they are boss monsters. That's just how it be. Besides Amalgam is also comparable to someone like The Keeper, or I guess more accurately the Keeper is comparable to Amalgam; he fights the Amalgam in the DLC and there's no reason to believe that the Keeper in there is inherently any different from the Keeper in the main story.

I think it's difficult to say that Sebastian didn't take the brunt of the building blow. Monster Ruvik literally just grabbed Sebastian and smashed him through a building. There's little else to interpret there; that is just what happened. Also even then Sebastian was shown to take a full attack from Alpha when he was knocked to the lower floors of the parking complex, and he was fine to get around and walk afterwards.

9-A Sebastian really wouldn't be out of the question; he has similar weaponry that is 9-A with the freeze bolts which can freeze a zombie solid and he, iirc, only gets mildly injured from being in that blast radius. Combine that with the absurd shit that happens in the Ruvik fight and I don't think it's that unlikely, perosnally.

They're likely comparable to Amalgam simply because, like, they are boss monsters. That's just how it be. Besides Amalgam is also comparable to someone like The Keeper, or I guess more accurately the Keeper is comparable to Amalgam; he fights the Amalgam in the DLC and there's no reason to believe that the Keeper in there is inherently any different from the Keeper in the main story.
Fair though, I would argue the Keeper in the dLC is different since he's a subject sent in by Mobius with their support. including new weapons, iirc.

I think it's difficult to say that Sebastian didn't take the brunt of the building blow. Monster Ruvik literally just grabbed Sebastian and smashed him through a building. There's little else to interpret there; that is just what happened. Also even then Sebastian was shown to take a full attack from Alpha when he was knocked to the lower floors of the parking complex, and he was fine to get around and walk afterwards.
He grabbed the building and smashed into it. Different from directly grabbing sebastian and smashing him into a building.
And fair to the amalgam alpha bet. Though with the Minor note to add. Sebastian took a full 10 seconds to recover and was visably winded as heck from the shoulder check.

Back