• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Adem Warlock69

Adem Warlock69 said:
We have some of the Immeasurable feats in the Firestorm808 blog, and there's about 7 or 8 of them that haven't been debunked, so I guess Superman could be Immeasurable?
I do? I mean, I may have the feats in the list, but I haven't had a chance to verify them yet.

• Not Immeasurable Speed | Superman kept pace with Jay Garrick and Wally West while they were chasing the Reverse-Flash to the past. Superman did not move in negative seconds. They pooled their kinetic energy to travel back to the present. They were not each immeasurable speed on their own at the time. | DC First July 2002
  • Not Immeasurable Speed | Superman did not fly back in time to the Big Bang when fighting Brainiac 13. He used a Boom Tube. | Action Comics Vol 1 #782 October 2001
  • Not immeasurable Speed | Superman chased an alternate Superboy into the future. | Action Comics Vol 1 #591 August 1987
    • Superboy is stated as faster than Superman, fast enough to exceed light speed, and fast enough to break the time barrier. Superman manages to crab his ankle before Superboy reaches full speed. As they approach full speed, Superman gets dizzy from the speed. Superboy uses one last burst of speed to break the time barrier. Superman couldn't handle the strain and loses his grip on the ankle.

Before that happens I wanna add two points

• Personally I disagree with any Tier 3 or Tier 2 Upgrade for Post-Crisis Superman
  • Stop linking Readcomics. I've had to edit them out from multiple comments in this thread alone. So stop it.

Yeah, if you're gonna link something from Readcomics, you can just right click on the image to open in a new tab, and then you link that. Not the page for the comic.

Sorry about that. Some of that was copy and paste from my blog while others were force of habit when writing my blog.

Well, we have allowed direct linking in the past, but I agree that it is a bad habit. If the entire story is necessary to understand a feat (rather than uploading individual scans here), you can mention what the series is called at ***************, along with the issue number, and tell others to look it up there instead, without direct linking.

So I think now I can focus on Supes' speed that most stuff has been debunked

IMO, the shattered god feat is an outlier and the GL feat is only apllicable to GLs as they have constantly shown they can do it but no other character, not even Wally West, has ever had their own speed feat comparable in that era, aside for the Shattered God Feat which is an outlier from a previous era.

Hellbeast1 said:
Hard disagree honestly
How?

The Shattered God Feat happened pre-infinite crisis. The GL feat was post, different suberas and thus be separated form there alone. Ignoring even that, the shattered god feat is hundreds of times higher than any feat from Green Lantern and billions of times faster than Wally West's fastest unamped feat. Wonder Woman's next best direct feat is only thousands to millions of times FTL, the best feat from Supes is billions of times FTL, etc. There is no feat comparable to the shattered god feat and it is an outlier within its era.

And it is well known GLs have crazy travel speed

It's still MFTL*

The only argument against it is "oh but it's too FTL"

Also have we not seen people tag GLs on multiple occasions?

Hellbeast1 said:
It's still MFTL*
The only argument against it is "oh but it's too FTL"

Also have we not seen people tag GLs on multiple occasions?
MFTL+ is a big range, a really big range. Going "It's still MFTL+" means nothing when this is the difference between moving across solar systems and moving across univserses.

And it's not that it's "too FTL," it's that it is literally orders of magntiudes faster than any feat from any character.

The Shattered God Feat is 52,594,876,486,185,600,000c to 315,569,258,917,113,000,000c. Wonder Woman, while she does have superior reactions to Superman, has never been deemed a speedster and should never compare to a full speed Flash or Lantern.

The Green Lantern's best speed feat is the hibernation one, which comes Post-Infinite Crisis, not Pre, and is 40,734,000,000,000c to 87,658,127,700,000,000c. Even the high end of the GL feat is 600 times lower than Wonder Woman's low end of her feat. His travel speed is commonly shown to be the fastest and he is consistently shown to cross galactic and universal distances unlike Superman and co who have peaked at low intergalactic distances on rare occasions.

Wally West's best unamped speed feat was the nuke feat at 13,327,448,200,000c, which is 3x lower than the low end of the GL feat and up to 7000x slower than the high end. It is literally millions of times lower than Wonder Woman's feat.

Both Wally West and Green Lantern, the two fastest members of the league by miles, have their absolute best feats being hundreds to millions of times slower than the low end of a one time feat from Wonder Woman. Her next best direct feat was tagging Flash who explicitly at the time was operating at speeds no faster than the femtoseconds range (Likely muuuuch slower) and I got 8,339,102.38c

Martian Manhunter's best feat is flying off too many light years to count. Assuming this is 1,000,000 (The highest number ever counted by a human) light years flown in IDK 30 minutes, that is 17,531,625,500c.

Literally no member of the JLA, not even the constantly portrayed fastest members of the league, have feats remotely comparable to hers. The high end of the nextr fastest feat still literally being 600 times slower Isolating the feat soley to her own direct feats and it is an absolute outlier too. And I have checked, there are dozens of feats in the millions to billions c range, and a grand total of 3 which cross the quadrillions threshhold. All three of massive disparity with no signe of consistency scalingwise at all. Somehow Wonder Woman has a feat hundreds of times to millions of times faster than the fastest speed feats of the two fastest speedsters? How does that not make sense?

Green Lanterns ever being tagged are when they are within close proximity and not using their full travel speed. Green Lanterns are known for using wormholes and other specialized techniques to bypass high distances in shorter amounts of time.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwL1Ek8kV_xc5AX-PDMYfIxziIQow6VK029aeRs5qTU/edit?usp=sharing

There is only three feats that pass the quadrillions range:

-The Darkseid and Highfather Feat, but they were upscaled by the Boom Tubes so it's not as impressive

-The GL feat

-The WW feat

The Wonder Woman Feat should be automatically disqualified because it's higher than any Flash and GL feat by miles. There are a lot of feats i nthe millions/billions range as seen by my spreadheet, and I am missing many.

Also before the feats in The Human Race are mentioned, The Flash was amped at the time.

Just chiming in to say that, purely as a CRT, this thread is now going totally off topic. A speed thread should be its own thing, since anyone new coming in to this thread is going to be thrown off by what a long mess it's become.

We have Scaling to the WW shattered God and GL feats in Superman's Profile, so they should probably get removed.

But we do have the Superman flying to Roa feat which is 262,979,997,982.47091675c which would make it higher than the Karate Kid Feat.

Adem Warlock69 said:
We have Scaling to the WW shattered God and GL feats in Superman's Profile, so they should probably get removed.
But we do have the Superman flying to Roa feat which is 262,979,997,982.47091675c which would make it higher than the Karate Kid Feat.
Yes, but still not in the quadrillions/quintillions range implied atm

So, when are we going to remove the link to the shattered god feat in both Wonder Woman's and Superman's profiles, since it's an outlier?

I think that it is a good idea, but you or somebody else should preferably create a new content revision thread for it.

There's another Universal feat, when Shazam and Wonder woman were fighting, Wonder woman stated that their battle would destroy the Universe or something, it's in Webcamparrot's Shazam vidéo

Does he give the source of said statement? In comics there's a decent chance that's it's due to some weird cosmic keystone rather than anything.

It's from War of the gods, which is from 1991. But like he said in the video, it probably just refers to the plan to recreate the universe.

Yeah that's referring to Circe and her machinations not the raw power of Billy or Diana. She was talking about how they couldn't waste time and needed to go stop Circe.

Cythonna is rated at 4-B, but her casual backhand hit Superman harder than he had ever been hit before. Shouldn't that imply 4-A if he is 4-B? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back