• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants To Rule The World 3: Stardust Crusaders: Part 3

A muscle above my left eye visibly twitches

something moved......and close

I go over to the van, the door distorting and moving like a wet paper towel in my hand as I open it. Someone new is in there.

"Who are you?"

"Yo, you passed out so I put you in here. The ground didn't look that comfortable. Also, I think we all got more powers and abilities."

I turn back to see the door getting midly wrinkled. "Oi, how dare you damage the dan van. Did your powers not come with restraint?"

I look around for a regen button.

"Who's? Mine? Or who's exactly?" He literally has no clue who's being blamed here, because them darned glasses.

Sombra has searched and found his way into Pengistopia, the capital of Penguin Antartica. It, of course, doesn't show on the map, but with the help of looking for Penguin footsteps and Penguin torture, he got enough information to find his way to here.

Sneaking past the guards on the surrounding walls of ice was pretty easy, seeing as his equipment plus experience give him great advantage.

He again sneaks his way out of guards and enters the royal Penguin Castle.

Sombra tries to look around for a map of the place, but realises this isn't a video game and this place won't have a map. The Solid Eye map and the Soliton Radar are useless here as well.

Even with that, Sombra is fearless, as he starts to slowly and carefully making his way through hallways, keeping his breathing slow.

He eventually finds a group of 2 guards Penguins. They have weird headphone things on their head along with a kind of mechanical box wrapped around in a belt. With them are sub-machine guns, loaded and ready for action. In any case, Sombra uses his presence concealment and his Sneaking Suit, becoming invisible to the naked eye and hiding his existence from those who have great superhuman senses. He is sa- BEEP

A loud sound is heard by Sombra, the guards seem surprissed as well. Sombra quickly realizes what it is. The box and the headphones, they made the Beep sound. "But why?" Sombra asks himself. "Did it mamage detect me in someway? And if so, ho-" BEEP

His thoughts are interupted by another loud beep noise. "What the hell?! Where is it coming from?!" One of the Penguin guards say.

Sombra starts to worry. The beeps keep going and going... "Wait a second" Sombra thought to himself. "The beeps, they are in perfect unison with my heartbeats. Could that be it? Well, just one way to find out."

He catches quite a bit of air before thinking "Time Alter: Square Stagnate!".

Sombra's body suddely becomes much, much slower. His temperature is extremelly low, and more importantly, the heartbeats seem too quiet to get catched by the Penguins.

The Penguins take a few seconds to calm down. "Alright, we gotta bring these to Joeguin, don't want any other false alarms like this." One of them says, Sombra wasn't bothered enough to find who.

They walk their way through the rest of the hallway. Sombra finally lets go off Square Stagnate.

"Damn, that was close. Those Penguins aren't ******* around with that futuristic tech they have. I need to be more careful next time, otherwise i might become these guy's fish." Sombra says, scratching his head a little.

He takes a small breathig break before continuing to make his way through the castle.

After taking a moment to brood about my tragic past, I shake off the notion, and, get a message from the powers I just received

"To open the menu, simply raise your index and middle finger, and swipe downward."

I do so, and find a bunch of stuff from the game known only as Sword Art Online. Some points of interest are:

An actual shirt

"Selfless Stout Armor", which adds half of my existing durability stat onto dura [this won't make me like 7-A in dura for reference Tank will do that, it just gives good dura]

A huge sword called the "Gladius Antiquos Dryadalum". Of course, I'm not going to remember that, so I rename it the BFGS (Big Friendly Gigantic Sword)

And, a few other things, Hu a permanent feather fall item, some teleportation stuff, and generally that kind of idea.

I equip my stuff, putting on a shirt, overlaying that with armor, and the BFGS

"Hmm... You know, this armor looks pretty cool. It's like it combines Samurais and Knights. Double the awesome."

I swing my sword, and it swings into the ground, cleaving a sizable piece of land infront of me

"Huh."

I put it on my back, and instantly, I'm told a story.

A story about a young man, who one day, while in trapped in a death game, decided, he would not stand for it anymore. He wouldn't stay scrawny, and he wouldn't stay trapped in a single town waiting to be freed or die.

He got up, and met a beautiful young girl to join his quest, wanting to be taller. Together, nothing stopped them. Not Giant Owls, not Giant spiders, and not even the death of the girl's closest friend. Sure, their quest was a bust, as they were merely gained the ability to get taller and get swole, but, even so, they pressed onward with a group of friends called the party.

They fought so many things together, and eventually, they found they loved each other. Of course religious stuff they didn't... You know, but, besides the point.

And he always wanted to keep that girl happy, fighting with all his heart and love, going so far as to strike down those who would dare threaten him and his friends...

There's definitely more, but the vision ends there.

I shed another manly tear, hearing such a beautiful story, then, wipe it off, and rejoin the others.

There is a very colourful living cartoon in front of me, holding guns, surrounded by the energy of a wildfae [that's the gremlin bit for anyone wondering].

There is also that guy who had the blood on his face, except now he also has a distinctly supernatural aura coming off him.

Then the door crumples and there's a guy in a coat the colour of the rainbow glaring at me, surrounded by the dark energy of a monster.

Then a guy in a white suit hops in. I don't sense anything non-mortal about him, but given the others that makes me even more nervous.

The wild energy created by my emotions of shock and fear and confusion, in addition to my newfound power boost, causes the van's engine to combust, the radio to start randomly flipping between stations, and all the light bulbs in the car to violently explode, showering us with glass.

"Remove the ru-"

I'm suddenly hit by a beam and I become stronger.

What was that?

I stand up and look around me, but I don't see anything suspicious.

"Why should I remove rubble? There is no one here" I then say to Waldo.

"Have you forgotten the people around the tree that we saw earlier ?

Also I think that steam beams gave us new powers"

I respond to Mia, while clustering together the red blades behind me and positioning them to the left of the bench in upright position.

"Hmm. I'll give it a try" I say.

What else can I do?

I fly to the location of the tree and I start searching for people that are stuck.

I realize that van is kill

Damnit

I feel as though I have to stop myself from instinctually throwing a punch as i close the door

Oh no! The Dan Van! My first new companion in this world! How could such a tragedy happen? I'm going to-wait, I have an idea. It fixed the door before, soo...

Before succumbing to rage and sorrow, I realize my new powers have a possible way of fixing the situation. I put my hands on the van and begin channeling my divine energy into it to improve its effectiveness.

Hopefully this jumpstarts it's ability to fix itself. Please please please...

[I don't think statistics amplification works as healing on something with no actual ability to fix itself in the first place]

I take the opportunity to bolt for it and jump out the door.

I re-strap myself to Mia's back, while turning the recently acquired blades in to exagons and making them float in a cloud-like formation a few hundred meters from the ground.

"Ummm, what are you doing?" He asks the new person in the van. Boris was clearly blinded, but moreso confused.

"See ya"

These people look crazy and more than a little violent.

I rip open a portal to the nevernever, which seems a lot easier than I remember it being, and jump through.

"Wow. Doesn't even acknowledge that I exist besides "See ya!" and then just leaves. Woooow." He starts to complain.

"Let's go find the next destroyer."

I get in the van, more carefully this time. I'm absolutely aching to get in a fight for some reason.

"Yeah, I think not all of us, because 1. Your tone of voice and 2. I've just about had it with these destroyer f**kboys." He said, also a bit annoyed.

Why is this guy suddenly so annoying.........is it just me or has he always been like that?

I throw up my hands before going over to Silas, checking his map for the next closest Destroyer location, and heading there on foot.

"No one to help here huh" I say with a monotone voice. Something about me does seem slightly disappointed.

"Hmm... I think it would be better to travel by foot. Do we have any idea where they next destroyer is, anyhow?"

Oh thank god, the dan van's okay. Alma decided to leave again, why does she keep doing that? Anyways, I got to fix this mess.

I clean up the van and remove the glass on the floor to the outside.

"Yeah, give me a second."

I look up where the Destroyer is.

"On the moon? There's only one way I know of that can get a ramp there..."

I look at the nearest patch of trees, and using my epic gamer powers, I rip each out out from the root, and use it to craft a ramp using SAO's extremely complicated crafting system.

Anyone with the app for destroyers gets a notification informing people about the apps new ping features. It lists both of the destroyers.

Back