• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants To Rule The World 3: Stardust Crusaders: Part 3

DragonEmperor23 said:
"Hello. Me and my team have destroyed two of the destroyers. The squirrel that turned Nashville into a crater and the tree that possessed Denver, Colorado."
"Excuse me, a squirrel of all things destroyed all of Nashville?"

"Excuse me, a squirrel of all things destroyed all of Nashville?"

"Yes he did, apparently." Boris replied. He was also in disbelief, but eh, whatever counts.

"Really? Well, I know a secret or two about something you may not believe." He said, trying not to go too far into detail.

WHYNAUT said:
I pick it up and turn it on.
There are a few news reports of the issues in the country and an app identifying where the current or most recent attacks are.

I take a look at what the issues are.

I do find it strange that they test my intuition. We are supposed to do as we are told so why would they want me to make this many decisions?

I'm beginning to stress a little although I don't realize this since I don't know what stress is.

DragonEmperor23 said:
"Hello. Me and my team have destroyed two of the destroyers. The squirrel that turned Nashville into a crater and the tree that possessed Denver, Colorado."
^ [ this is to the military at the checkpoint ]

I make my way through the paths, careful not to step off the path engraved in my memories. Distance and direction don't follow the same rules here as they do in reality, and a single step off the path could result in me plunging deeper into the Nevernever, far from the way back out.

Haunting, musical baying sounds faintly through the air, and sparks a rush of knowledge.

"Oh shit. Shiela move!"

I rush through the misty forest, stumbling along the thorny path. The baying grows louder behind me. They're catching up.

Ahead lies a clearing. I dive through and swing my staff to open a portal. The baying stops.

"Apart-"

A whip catches my neck and I choke.

A beautiful voice rings out behind me, a hint of curiosity and confusion within.

"You... are not Dresden"

Shiela dives away and falls the the ground, scrambling to back away from something behind me. I stand there choking a little longer, and then the whip loosens, just enough to let me breathe. I take in a gasp of breath and almost fall to the ground, but catch myself before the whip does instead.

I gulp and slowly turn around. A night-black steed with black and silver tack stands in front of me, red eyes staring me down. Its hooves are shod with bladed shoes of some silvery metal. There was blood on those shoes, as though the horse had trampled some poor, trapped thing to death. On either side of the horse, equally dark coloured hounds stand, growling at me. My gaze lifts past the horse and up to the rider. Sitting on top is a very tall, very slender, inhumanly beautiful woman. In her hand is the other end of the whip in her hand. Long reddish hair curled down past her hips, framing a face of high cheekbones, and bloodred lips. Her face was ageless, and her golden eyes had vertical slits instead of pupils, like a cat. Her gown was sable and midnight blue. It's barely noticeable, but her head is ever so slightly tilted quizzically.

"Who are you child? I came because I sensed my godson, and yet I find you instead. You smell of him. Your magic feels like his. But you are not."

I cough then look up. "I could just be using a veil Godmother", then stop, confused. Why did I say that?

"You even sound like him... so bold...". I flinch from her unblinking glare."...But not quite as brave it seems. Speak then child. Explain yourself"

Who is this lady - oh there it is. Lea. The Leannesidhe. Right hand of the Winter Queen, and quite possibly the third most powerful creature in the Unseelie Court. And apparently... my godmother? Unseelie Court? Oh, one of the two major sides of Faerie. Faerie? Oh the

I slap my hands to both sides of my head as knowledge rushes in, disorienting me. A sharp tug on the whip makes me choke and pulls my eyes up Lea's. Something hungry inside them starts drawing me in, and I focus on her nose instead. But there's something. In that rush. Not to give some information to her... and to bargain for information rather than freely give.

"I'll tell you if..." I struggle to think of something for a moment. "If you tell me what happened to New York. And Jacksonville"

Sombra, who has spend quite some time in Antartica by now, has build a igloo. It is warm, with chairs, tables, TVs and even sculptures made of ice. Sombra has been looking into making bussiness with the penguins and the seals. He went to Jacksonville's library, stole all economy books and brought them to Antartica.

He has also been looking into making a ice grenade, but that will take some time looking into how weapons are made.

Right now, Sombra is reading about advanced trades.

@Miami Gang The city is crowded, several temporary housings set up for many people.

@Crimson: [What currency have you developed?]

@Monarch: "New York was destroyed by one of those mad ones rampaging around the country. Bad folk they are. Jacksonville was a simple misunderstanding, no damage done. Just a misplaced evacuation."

I park the car and get out before finding a random person that looks relatively mentally well enough to answer a question.

"Hey, do you know where the military's base is in this city?"

[ basically just asking for directions to where ever the military is in the city ]

@Dragon: "It's around 3 miles south of here."

@Psycho: you find a tree. It looks vaguely edible.

Torlikoff said:
@Crimson: [What currency have you developed?]
[Sombra is still doing those, they are not finished, but they have been shown to the penguins and agreed to be called Penguin coins]

WHYNAUT said:
I take a look at what the issues are.
I do find it strange that they test my intuition. We are supposed to do as we are told so why would they want me to make this many decisions?

I'm beginning to stress a little although I don't realize this since I don't know what stress is.
There are several destroyed cities, many abandoned. It's a national emergency.

This is not one of the things that concerns the organisation. So what am I here for then?

"Just that several cities are in a bad state and that's a national emergency" I say to Waldo.

I slam my fist against a nearby wall out of frustation. I then look at my hand in suprise.

What was that reaction?

At the military base you see that it appears to just be a hastily set up group of tents, soldiers walking around and talking as normal.

"Well at least I got some food" I say before I cut down the tree and break off some bark, leaves and the nuts (or fruits) and eat them.

@Dragon: "Oh, please go to our bureaucracy section for that." He says, pointing to the most boring looking building on the planet.

@Psycho: The wood is tasty.

WHYNAUT said:
@Over "I don't know what to do" I say to Waldo with doubt in my voice.
Should I tell Waldo?
"Well, that group of guys from before seemed to have a better grip on the situation, so maybe we should ask them if they have learned what is happening."

I respond to Mia

Back