• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Evading the use of logical fallacies on the front page

I really feel that this should be a really important rule that should be on the front page of the wiki and should be one of the first things people should learn and read along with acceptable behaviors. I think it will be really helpful in general in knowing how to properly place characters and without further to do... these are the common logical fallacies that people should evade using when debating and discussion. This list was created originally by OBD and I feel that it's a good guideline to follow:

http://outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/13-general-obd-terms/177-fallacy

Oh... I did not know we had one. That's great, I think it's something that should be in the front page still. I'm still learning how to navigate around the site and see the many pages I should explore

It is linked on the front page through "Wiki Terms".

I feel it might be better to give it its own link due to the fact that:

a. I didn't even know it bloody existed.

b. Logical fallacy is not just something important to our site, but debating as a whole. If someone wishes to make a point, that is something that needs to be understood.

Well, ideally we are not a "debating" site, just an indexing site, but I suppose that we could place the link in the rules section.

Indeed. Ideally we aren't a debating site, but there will always be debates and threads for character upgrades and downgrades. Logical fallacy is incredibly important to understand if one wishes to make a solid point and not come off as a troll.

Well, most people don't even seem to read our front page rules, but all right, I will link to it.

I have added it to the discussions section.

I think that every new member account that in created in this wikia should be welcomed along with the necessity to read the rules before posting... cause nobody does it unless told to in the beginning. Well... they will be more likely to read the rules at least heh

Well, we do have a welcome message that tells people to read the front page rules now.

Of course since this is a character indexing site, debating is something that will spawn regardless of whether we want to or not since someone will always want someones rating changed.

And yes, new members should be required to read the rules. So this will hopefully help long and short term.

Hmm... Just noticed that Azzathoth said the EXACT same thing as me... Before me as well...

Regardless, I still agree with his suggestion.

i believe it was already added to the front page but i do agree with it as i have had to link people to NLF multiple times before

@Mandrakk: Your suggestion was to create a page for Fallacies, which would have been superfluous, as Unclechairma pointed out. Azathoth's idea was to link it to the wiki rules, or so I perceived.

Ain't nobody forgetting the "little guy".

Also, my apologies if you were offended by my concurrence with Azathoth only.

Lord Kavpeny said:
Yeah, it's just messing around kinda. :p

I mean the rules HAVE already been done as there is a page talking about all the fallacies so we don't need to bring that up thankfully. I did however also state that this should be something important that should be on the front page too and have the rules something every new must member must check before posting. But no worries, I'm not offended in the least... that's for wimps. You're all good :)

Back