• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eternity vs Perpetua

DuckKing342 said:
Doesn't this depend entirely on whose Cosmology is bigger?

On one hand you have Eternity who is the living colective amalgamation of the local Marvel Multiverse. Could be anywhere between thousands to maybe sextillions of different universes in his entire infrastructure (given LT's statement of Marvel basically being a quantum multiverse where every moment decision a lifeform has creates an alternate reality where they make a different choice etc.)

Then you have Perpetua whose a sixth dimensional supergod that created her sons from the infinite void of the infinite sized Overmind.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to approach this because to be it just seems like two unquantifiably nigh-omnipotent characters butting heads.
Eternity is much larger than just many universes, what you just described is lower than even a part of the normal multiverse in DC for him. Eternity is a being who encompasses outerversal realms. He is pretty much a little high into 1-A with no real scaling chain.

Little nitpick but Perpetua is not "six-dimensional" either in the way I think you mean it. The is the spatial dimension of "six" within the normal multiverse in DC and then there is the Sixth Dimension which is actually a PLANE OF EXISTENCE rather than merely a spatial dimension. Being at that plane are 1-A. Perpetua transcends the DC Multiverse which contains multiple 1-A realms transcending each-other, then there is a scaling chain for actually character on this plane of existence.

Therefore I would say Perpetua stomps because even if I low-ball the DC cosmology to Eternity's level, Perpetua is still much larger and powerful than it in her True Form.

I know what the button is. If you check my profile, you can see that I've been on the wiki twice as long as you. If you read the entire thread, you would have seen that my comment was clearly responding to Owen's and not yours. Please note the "TOAA is not even close to being High 1-A" part of his comment, which you probably just glazed over.

Eternity is much larger than just many universes, what you just described is lower than even a part of the normal multiverse in DC for him. Eternity is a being who encompasses outerversal realms. He is pretty much a little high into 1-A with no real scaling chain.
Little nitpick but Perpetua is not "six-dimensional" either in the way I think you mean it. The is the spatial dimension of "six" within the normal multiverse in DC and then there is the Sixth Dimension which is actually a PLANE OF EXISTENCE rather than merely a spatial dimension. Being at that plane are 1-A. Perpetua transcends the DC Multiverse which contains multiple 1-A realms transcending each-other, then there is a scaling chain for actually character on this plane of existence.

Therefore I would say Perpetua stomps.

That's literally what Sixth-dimensional means. She exists in a sixth dimensional plane....

Not sure if that's enough to stomp given Eternity is perfectly fine in LT's 16th dimensional superspace. Not that I think higher dimensions=automatic win. The New Gods exist above the 5th dimensional imps that doesn't mean Parademons are more powerful than Mxyzptlk

Dude, I hope you mean "Sixth Dimensional" as in existing on the plane of existence as in "The control room of DC" rather than the sixth spatial dimension within the bleed as I explained they are two mutually exclusive things.

5th Dimensional Imps are not 5th dimensional spatially either. They are weird they come from "imagination". The 5th Plane of Existence.

16th dimensional space is actually lowballing the current Eternity.

EmperorRorepme said:
Dude, I hope you mean "Sixth Dimensional" as in existing on the plane of existence as in "The control room of DC" rather than the sixth spatial dimension within the bleed as I explained they are two mutually exclusive things.
5th Dimensional Imps are not 5th dimensional spatially either. They are weird they come from "imagination".

16th dimensional space is actually lowballing the current Eternity.
The **** do you think I'm talking about?

Mxyzptlk literally goes into great detail about how the imp's dimension is above other spatial concepts whil describing the definition of what each dimension is. Also fun fact the sphere of the gods exists above the bleed in the multiverse so your headcanon is dumb even in your own context.

I think you were talking about the sixth spatial dimension since no one calls Perpetua "six-dimensional". I guess you're referring to what I am, so be clearer.

That's irrelevant. Mxy can operate beyond his normal existence, as many characters can, Mxy himself has been all around the multiverse including the Sphere of the Gods and transcend the regular multiverse. Can you show me Eternity having the power to do that against 1-A being that transcends him. Can he operate above his existence on Perpetua's level otherwise Eternity gets erased with a gesture.

Also point out to me what I said is headcanon. It's funny how your argument is contradictory. We are talking about 1-A entities here whilst you're saying Eternity can survive in 16 dimensional space as if it's impressive. Order your points better and think before you post, 1-A isn't a hard concept to grasp.

EmperorRorepme said:
I think you were talking about the sixth spatial dimension since no one calls Perpetua "six-dimensional". I guess you're referring to what I am, so be clearer.
That's irrelevant. Mxy can operate beyond his normal existence, as many characters can, Mxy himself has been all around the multiverse including the Sphere of the Gods and transcend the regular multiverse. Can you show me Eternity having the power to do that against 1-A being that transcends him. Can he operate above his existence on Perpetua's level otherwise Eternity gets erased with a gesture.
Based on what though? Being on a higher dimension doesn't automatically dictate a win here, but if we're going by that neitehr Eternity nor his abstract peers seemed to have a problem being in the LT's superspace which according to him exists in the sixteenth dimension (Something that's incomprehensible to graps to the readers so we just view it as a blank space apparently). Not really sure what transcending feats your talking about with Mxy, i'm guessing you mean him being a self-aware character that can interact with and mess around with the comic panels and blank spaces between, or him hopping around to other DC media but according to him that's a trait that only he specefically has.

I'm not making any arguments here against Perpetua but it seems hard to compare Character A who is a virtually infinite mass of universes vs character B who reached in and tore chunks out of the infinite sized void that exists around DC's story

Unoriginal Memes said:
I know what the button is. If you check my profile, you can see that I've been on the wiki twice as long as you. If you read the entire thread, you would have seen that my comment was clearly responding to Owen's and not yours. Please note the "TOAA is not even close to being High 1-A" part of his comment, which you probably just glazed over.
maybe check the profile again, TOAA is only 1-A, DC cosmology is infinitely bigger than Marvel

you don't know what you are talking about Perpetua wins

LordUrien935 said:
Stomp. Perpetua is able to stomp TOAA let alone Eternity.
I agree with this

DC has at least INIFNITE dimensions, six planes of existence, infinite multiverses and much more I'm too lazy to type.

Guess what? The wiki isn't always the most reliable source and they can be wrong. I even said Perpetua would win going solely off of the profiles (which is what you use in the threads). However, you get pissed off because I say that I think TOAA is stronger than what the wiki has TOAA at? Your defense against me having an opinion is "the profile doesn't say so" and "you don't know what you're talking about"? Those have to be some of the most pathetic arguments I've ever heard.

And for your second comment, Marvel literally has all of those things.

JMHBG400 said:
Has to recharge after destroying one universe, but stomps a being that compromises an infinite number? Ok.
it's called low showings, everyone has one,

well in jobbernity's case it's more than one

got owned by insane genis vell

got owned by thanos with ig

got owned by thanos with the heart

got owned by etc etc

we are using the 1-A versions of both characters, fighting at their peak, not at their lowest, playing lowball game fast and lose would harm you more than us

Isn't perpetua 6d and Enternity 16 d ?

Ahh **** this. Both DC and Marvel cosmologies are bullshit. One huge mess. I see nothing strange both marvel and dc companies are getting cancelled for enternity. Hope they will die soon

both companies tend to be very contradictory since he has 50 years in the world of comics, it is impossible for a writer of 50 years ago to think like a writer of now and also neither current writer does not think the same as a 50 year old both companies have so many comic as people in a country (this is an example) and is likely to contradict more than one comic.

and other things 1A matches are based on who has the highest infinity they mostly go to hell unless both are the baseline

Oliver de jesus said:
both companies tend to be very contradictory since he has 50 years in the world of comics, it is impossible for a writer of 50 years ago to think like a writer of now and also neither current writer does not think the same as a 50 year old both companies have so many comic as people in a country (this is an example) and is likely to contradict more than one comic.

and other things 1A matches are based on who has the highest infinity they mostly go to hell unless both are the baseline
To me only thing in all comic book continuity which had to me true OUTERVERSAL statement is phantom zone and only this. https://gyazo.com/4a24547cca9315ca82d5d2fec2ef0773.

But rest i always see this like beyond time and space sh*t or space beneath space sh*t bla bla bla.

I always hear those theories like 1d is line, 2d is surface, 3d is space, 4d is time etc. etc.

but then i hear such statement as 16 dimensional space thing.

It's too complicated and too inconsistent

ArthurCurry89 said:

Ahh **** this. Both DC and Marvel cosmologies are bullshit. One huge mess. I see nothing strange both marvel and dc companies are getting cancelled for enternity. Hope they will die soon

perpetua is inifnite-d. dc has inifnite dimensions,

the so called 6 dimensions are 6 highest planes of existence

Owennoctis said:
ArthurCurry89 said:

perpetua is inifnite-d. dc has inifnite dimensions,

the so called 6 dimensions are 6 highest planes of existence
ahh ok i understand this now

Back