• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eternals discussion thread

Are the Celestials that are born based on the quality of said Intelligent Life?
This I guess, along with the quantity of life.

Quantity & Quality I guess are required for a Celestial's Emergence/Reaping.

I guess Celestial Eggs are able to absorb ambient energy from natural (Biological life a la Matrix Style) and artificial (Machines that give off energy, and yadda yadda) sources of ambient energy?

Hey dear Abbadon. The Infinity Stones survived a Low 4-C blast. Can you calculate the durability required for an Infinity Stone to survive the blast? They aren't bigger than 3-4 cm.
Inverse square law is only necessary if they’re outside of the direct center of a blast. They were what caused it so they don’t need inverse square law

Wanda has destoryed (and recreated) an infinity stone
Wanda only did so because of her connection, as Vision notes
Vision: I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source... something very similar to its own signature, perhaps... its molecular integrity could fail.
For remaking it, I don't think she really did. Or at least didn't remake a stone as powerful as the original.

mtu33dftely71.jpg
Also I found this

The problem is that the Ether was not presented as a solid object in Thor: DW, as Odin notes it had a fluid body.

Thor electrocuting the Ether only caused a small explosion that crystallized it's fluid like body.
That didn’t seem to change to much for its durability since Thor had to blast it for awhile

didn’t it just reform into its liquid form?

Wanda only did so because of her connection, as Vision notes

For remaking it, I don't think she really did. Or at least didn't remake a stone as powerful as the original.
It still needed to be strong enough to effect. If it was only because of her connection it still wouldn't have worked. The quote itself doesn't really imply what you're saying either. All it says that a powerful energy that also shares a similar signature to it, then maybe it could fail. As for her recreation, you'd have to prove that the stone she recreated is any weaker than the original. It's implied that Vision in the show is about as powerful as his old self, which makes sense since she was recreating him as she remembered. Finally, she was doing this while holding back Thanos with 1 arm, who was using an infinity stone to shield himself and was still breathing heavy.

It still needed to be strong enough to effect. If it was only because of her connection it still wouldn't have worked. The quote itself doesn't really imply what you're saying either. All it says that a powerful energy that also shares a similar signature to it, then maybe it could fail. As for her recreation, you'd have to prove that the stone she recreated is any weaker than the original. It's implied that Vision in the show is about as powerful as his old self, which makes sense since she was recreating him as she remembered. Finally, she was doing this while holding back Thanos with 1 arm, who was using an infinity stone to shield himself and was still breathing heavy.
Doesn't White Vision lack a stone, with a simple trace of her power being able to power him to the degree of matching Hex Vision?

It still needed to be strong enough to effect
She destabilized its molecular cohesion. That's more hax than it is AP.
As for her recreation, you'd have to prove that the stone she recreated is any weaker than the original.
Actually its the other way around. A stoneless Vision recreation could fight the other one on even footing, so you would need to prove its as powerful as the original.

I’d say shattering something would be considered damaging something. By blowing it up. I still don’t see how this wouldn’t count for damaging the stone at all
Because there wasn't anything to shatter? How does one shatter a fluid like object?

Thor did not damage the Ether, even the way the scene is portrayed shows that what Thor did was pointless other than a small inconvenience.

Because there wasn't anything to shatter? How does one shatter a fluid like object?

Thor did not damage the Ether, even the way the scene is portrayed shows that what Thor did was pointless other than a small inconvenience.
Apparently there was since there were pieces of it scattered on the ground

he pretty much did since he clearly shattered it. The only reason why it was a small inconvenience was because it could reform and regen if it couldn’t then it be gg

Apparently there was since there were pieces of it scattered on the ground
How do you keep ignoring what I said earlier?
Thor electrocuting the Ether only caused a small explosion that crystallized it's fluid like body.
Thor still did no damage at all, all he did was momentarily solidify the liquid Ether into small shards which just turned back into a fluid state.

he pretty much did since he clearly shattered it. The only reason why it was a small inconvenience was because it could reform and regen if it couldn’t then it be gg
He didn't. Even the MCU Wiki specifically details the physical differences between the Ether and the Reality Stone

You even see the Shards turning back into a fluid form when Malekith absorbs the Ether

Or are you gonna say that there are shards of crystal within Jane that Rocket can extract with a sci-fi syringe

She destabilized its molecular cohesion. That's more hax than it is AP.

Actually its the other way around. A stoneless Vision recreation could fight the other one on even footing, so you would need to prove its as powerful as the original.
Actually for the recreation, there is a strong implication that the little bit of her energy is comparable to the infinity
Stone. S.w.o.r.d was using the corpse of the original vision (which is why Wanda ended up flipping out and causing so much trouble. Because they weren't giving her his body) they spent the show trying to find a source to power it. So they used her energy. This is a strong implication that Wanda's energy is actually comparable to an infinity stone. Also, in terms of hax. You'd have to prove that, especially considering vision specifically mentions that it has to be powerful enough, with no implication of hax being involved.

How do you keep ignoring what I said earlier?

He didn't. Even the MCU Wiki specifically details the physical differences between the Ether and the Reality Stone
I’m not ignoring anything, I’m just accounting for the reality stones weird physically nature and even then I’d think crstylizing and bursting the ether would still be an impressive feat in of itself

why is a fan made site relevant here in anyway shape or form

You even see the Shards turning back into a fluid form when Malekith absorbs the Ether

Or are you gonna say that there are shards of crystal within Jane that Rocket can extract with a sci-fi syringe
Nah considering the ether can auto form into whatever is needed at the time

I’m not ignoring anything, I’m just accounting for the reality stones weird physically nature
Stated to be fluid, shown to be fluid, and only became solid when struck by lightning from Thor or used as an attack by Malekith.
and even then I’d think crstylizing and bursting the ether would still be an impressive feat in of itself
Debatable
why is a fan made site relevant here in anyway shape or form
Why are either our assumptions relevant in anyway shape or form then?
Nah considering the ether can auto form into whatever is needed at the time
Can you give an example then of it passively forming into whatever is needed?

Back