• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is an unusual matchup but cool either way. Estarossa's commandment is basically useless considering this is a random encounter. Gildarts does seem to favour physical attacks but the issue here is that he generally backs up said attacks with his magic, so while Estarossa could deflect the physical damage he can't do anything against Gildarts magic which will literally pull him into pieces. And considering Gildarts also has long ranged techniques things are looking to be in his favour, even more so when u consider that u can't effectively block his attacks. So I'm gonna say Gildarts takes this

Actually I just remembered Estarossa has soul manipulation (That might be countered by willpower) and has regen. That might allow him to survive a couple of his and make this even.

Only one who did was Meliodas and Escanor but even Meliodas couldn't fully defend against it. Escanor might be because of his special .... ness... Idk. Dodging physical contact is another

I remember them trying it on Escanor and he no sold it, I also remember them attempting it on Ban too but he was saved, but it seems like at a point they all just forgot and stopped using it.

In FT any mage has soul resistance. For example Franmalth. Natsu, Lucy and Happy feat some resistance to his abilites, despite he use Curse, not magic. Gildarts was able to resist it because he has equal stats with Estarossa. Also in NnT soul manipulation depending from who strong user of soul manipulation and how strong victim. Mera wasn't able so eat soul of Escanor because he is much more powerfull than she (55600 vs 39000 powerlevel). And this also need to mention that Mera strongest soul manipulation users from her verse.

So I think Gildarts take this with mid diff by use his Crash Magic

@kanika I've already noted that Gildarts blows aren't simply physical blows he backs his punches up with his magic, so while Estarossa could reflect the physical damage he won't be able to withstand the magical damage

@Davidsteel1 I do not know, Acnology can be burned with real fire because it only has magic resistance and no fire resistance?

For me

Magic Fire= Normal Fire

Magical Physical Blows= Normal Blows

Kanika-emo, even if you think so (in rules of this wiki and even in Nanatsu no Taizai verse all completly different), Gildarts can just do this and Estarossa die.

Also Estarossa wasn't able to reflect Escanor "Sun Magic" so youre wrong again.

That ability is but one application of crash magic. If Gildarts wants, I'm pretty sure he can just break apart Estarrosa. And estaross does not have the regen to come back from that.

@Kami what? Aside from the fact that monarch ha clarified that that is only 1 application of crash (disassembly to be exact) how does one regenerate from that? It hardly qualifies as an injury and all that's happened is estorossas physical and magical abilities have been lessened greatly.

This is significantly different from just reattaching a body part. Unless u can show Estorossa or any one in NNT putting themselves back together from something even remotely like this, then that point is moot

Back