• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Esdeath vs True Archer

AP wise yeah,this might be stomp but if you see Alcides abilities,you can see how bullshit his invulnearability:

Pelt of the Divine Beast (First Labor): The Pelt of the Nemean Lion, a Divine or Demonic Beast that "rejects" human civilization, which made it immune to all man-made weapons. Due to slaying the beast for his First Labor and using the Pelt afterwards, it would normally be a separate Noble Phantasm from King's Order but upon transforming into Alcides it becomes a part of King's Order. It takes the form of a a long, decorated cloth with a pattern that Alcides wears around his face and body, giving him the special properties of the Beast. Making him extremely difficult to harm, even Noble Phantasms would be completely useless against him should they be man-made.

I mean Alcides can survive most of her attack but yeah most of his attack might not work,unless he pulls an power steal this match is not good,most of Esdeath attack get rejected by his pelt but Alcides can't hurt him due of the gap.

Has it ever deflected an attack much stronger than him tho?

If it can it's probably inconclusive, tho I'm not really sure if it's a mismatch or not.

Gargoyle One said:
Has it ever deflected an attack much stronger than him tho?
If it can it's probably inconclusive, tho I'm not really sure if it's a mismatch or not.
As long as it is servant-level it should hold true. I'm certain planetary buster attacks overwhelms this concept of "man-made doesn't work" (Cause Nasuverse Firepower is just very low). But below it, it becomes questionable, I'm assuming it should scale upto continental at most (which enters Beast, Grand servant, top god-tier) but it could be far lower. Only feat now is it no selling gil's sword rain (which isn't that impressive).

Don't know? Probably inconclusive, avenger herc's AP isn't that impressive, he seems to basically relying on his tankiness to force enemy into drawing their NP and then stealing it to beat them up withit.

Well, Esdeath regularly kills Danger Beasts which are a lot like Monstrous Species, so Servant invulnerability isn't going to work here.

But considering the fact that her Rapier is still made by human hands, it's going to bounce right off the Nemean Lion's pelt.

Esdeath still has her Teigu though, which will bypass it since it's the ability of a Danger Beast rather than something of human hands.

Edit: In hindsight, the Teigu probably won't work simply because it was tampered with by human hands.

Well after being cleared up by Reppuzan, (Seriously, thanks man) Esdeath isn't capable of beating True Archers defenses after all, but the AP and Durability gap can prevent Esdeath from being taken out.

Inconclusive.

So that's 0-0-2

I'm not sure if this should be added, since the Nemean Pelt gives Esdeath no way to actually harm Alcides.

@Gar

Well, Nine Lives can function as an Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasm, so... it might actually be enough to kill Esdeath.

Im sure big dick herc has some form of hax that can mitigate esd .

>Funny as beerus .

That was forced upon me. Theres a reason the only matches ya have sen me make are Rayquaza vs ridley and artoria vs skull knight .

Esdeath is much higher into High 7A then the blast is and I don't think it ignores Durability.

@Gar

He could potentially just use Reincarnation Pandora to steal Esdeath's Teigu and finish her with it too.

Actually, Esdeath's Teigu is just monster blood. It's technically never said to be manipulated by humans. I may be wrong, though.

@Triforce

All of the Teigu are processed parts of Danger Beasts, they're not just like that.

It's hard to say whether or not the demon blood was not combined with human ingenuity since all of the teigu was imbued with magic in order to make them work when the teigu's were created.

Also shouldn't Archer's Reincarnation Pandora: Usurper of the Celestial Wind be able to steal Esdeath's teigu?

@Gargoyle

He steals the entirety of a Noble Phantasm and gains the knowledge to use it, so he would probably be able to damage her.

Having the knowledge to use it=/=Putting out the same output.

He is 7A while she is 6C.

@Gargoyle

He takes the Noble Phantasm and all of its powers, including its output.

Has he?

What exactly has he stolen?

If he's stolen a High 7A blast and used it, I concede

@Gar

A Noble Phantasm's function doesn't change when he steals it.

It's not like EMIYA who creates a degraded copy, True Archer takes the entire ability and makes it his own with no degradation.

Can Esdeath even still use her ability after it is stolen?

Cause if so it would not matter if he can match her output if she does not have her teigu. Since its steal and not copy shouldnt it remove Esdeaths ability to control ice and removes her immunity to it allowing her to be affected by her own teigu alongside archers own abilities

Just because she doesn't have her ability doesn't mean she gets physically weaker, heck she's 6C by one shotting someone with her blade.

If he can match her output he can't damage Esdeath, but it seems like he can.

This is what I get for bothering Repp about this match...

@Mx

No, the ability is stolen.

@Gar

True Archer can just use her Teigu against her then.

You said he also gains the knowledge of the stolen ability then can he use her time freeze ability against her, if not he could ultimately wear her down with her abilities and with a sword only at her side she would not be able to hurt him and she has to put in more effort in resisting the ice and dodging his attacks. Without the immunity to ice gained from her teigu she would be slowed down by the ice

Back