• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Esdeath VS Tomura Shigaraki(AFO)

This is Base Esdeath VS 70% AFO Tomura.

Speed is equalized.

Both are in character.

Tomura knows about Mahapdama, while Esdeath knows about Decay.

Victory via death.

AP: Tomura is > 3.91 Megatons. Esdeath is >> 5.4 Megatons.

Who wins and why?

Crusty Boi: 0

Icy ******: 0

Incon: 0

Yes but that wasn't quite because of AP, Esdeath time stops if she doesn't have any way to avoid an attack. Her ice shields help with those as well

Still, Time stop seems like a bit too much for him to deal with, even if she doesn't use it immediately she uses it when pushed to the brink of getting hit

Esdeath has canonically dealt with a one shot sword and ranged attacks during her fight with Akame and Mine, helps more that she has knowledge on Decay so she knows blocking with ice or a sword is a bad idea

Last edited:
Bumping this because I actually wanted to comment on this one.

To respond to the last post, time stop isn't that big of a deal here as Esdeath simply doesn't have the AP to one-shot Tomura within the time her time stop lasts for, even if she stabs him directly in the head. (In order to kill him, you either need to continuously damage him until he can't regenerate anymore or completely destroy his head with nothing else left, keep in mind a 7-B character couldn't accomplish this even after shigaraki's body was already falling apart).(Not to mention search would alert him of this ability)

Shigaraki now outranges esdeath with air cannon, and he also has rivet stab for mid-range combat. If this fight gets brought into a match of stamina shigaraki will win this via regeneration , and supernatural willpower.

Last edited:
If his head is cut off he will simply regenerate from there, but if it's completely crushed (something a 7-B character couldn't accomplish) he will die.

You said he wouldn’t die even if he was stabbed in the head. If his head and brain is bisected how can he regenerate?

Here are two characters who have the same quirk, surviving having half of their brain's kicked off. Simply damaging their brains is fine, you need to completely destroy the brain via crushing or incinerating it.

Damn, that’s tough.

Okay, in that case, can Tomura regenerate from the top half of his body including his head being frozen and shattered to pieces? Esdeath did this against Susanoo

I reviewed that feat, A that wasn't during time stop and there's nothing to suggest she'd be capable of doing that in time stop or why doesn't she always do that B that was only possible after he had already been beaten and it already C not 100% sure on this one to be honest if she could completely destroy his head but if his head is simply frozen he should be capable of either healing from that or just breaking out of it.

Bottom line I really doubt she could do that during time stop.

Freezing and shattering his head would definitely kill him. The issue is getting there. What all can she do in Time Stop since that seems to be her best bet here?

Just took a second look at that feat she was only capable of doing that once Susanoo was already immobilized due to the damage and shigaraki has several methods of breaking out of the ice prison before it becomes fatal(decay, air cannon, greater LS etc), and from what I've seen I don't think she's ever used her ice powers in time stop.

<Susanoo was immobilized from damage.

I think you might be looking at something different? She froze him immediately after stabbing him when time stop ended.

<Susanoo was immobilized from damage.

I think you might be looking at something different? She froze him immediately after stabbing him when time stop ended.
She froze him after he was already stabbed and clearly surprised, regardless of the immobilization the point is she couldn't do that during time stop, and Tomura has several ways of getting out of her freezing him via decay, air cannon, or LS, not to mention Tomura is aware of her time stop ability so would at least be wary of the ability. Not to mention, time stop takes a lot of energy from her so if she couldn't finish him with time stop, Tomura would almost certainly win due to the stamina drain and loss of energy.

Last edited:
The effective win cons I see for both are:

Tomura

Outlast her via ranged attacks, regeneration, and overall greater stamina.

Get in close with decay.

Esdeath

Use Time stop to create an opening to freeze and shatter Tomura.

Overall I'm voting for Tomura it's unlikely Esdeath would be able to freeze and shatter Tomura before he could break out of it with decay/air cannon/ or LS and with search he'd be aware of this possibility and would be ready for it and even if Esdeath used time stop to deal some sort of grievous injury on Tomura it's unlikely it would give him any pause at all considering he's had his flesh burnt off and didn't pause especially considering he'd be aware of the ability, Considering neither has a reliable method of ending the fight quickly it'd likely go down to a battle of attrition and Tomura's greater range/ regen/ and stamina would put the fight in his favor.

Tomura Mid/High Diff.

She froze him after he was already stabbed and clearly surprised, regardless of the immobilization the point is she couldn't do that during time stop, and Tomura has several ways of getting out of her freezing him via decay, air cannon, or LS, not to mention Tomura is aware of her time stop ability so would at least be wary of the ability. Not to mention, time stop takes a lot of energy from her so if she couldn't finish him with time stop, Tomura would almost certainly win due to the stamina drain and loss of energy.
That same issue would effect Tomura as well though. From what he sees a woman just instantly teleported next to him and instantly stabbed in the chest without any time to actually see what happened.

Then again, knowledge on that does help significantly, so I think Tomura wins FRA

Back