• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Delta Nah as the rewinding part was post time skip I think it was after the second post time skip. Also despite not fully affecting sentient beings (supposedly), it was used to unlock Natsu and the others magic powers with Second Origin and Third Origin so I would not said it was "crap" per say. Now if there were other time users beside Ultear that will be mentioned earlier. Natsu's fight with Ultear take place in before the two timeskips.

In any case though, I will not vote on this though as I petty sure there is a counter to most arguments like on how @Scarlet mention of being resistance to the cold which in turn will make him/her resistance to time stop making it quite hard for Esdeath to go end Natsu as his element opposing her element.

Even if Mahapadma freezes time and space, Tatsumi just adapted to the cold. Shouldn't Natsu be able to do that given the temperature of his fire?

Delta3000 said:
No because cold resistance isn't the same as being really hot.
Uhmm...what?

By definition Resistance is The ability of a character to reduce the effectiveness of certain factors. Might vary up to immunity to said factor.

Fire or heat in general does in fact reduce the effectiveness of cold, therefore fire has resistance to cold. What do you do when you are cold? You go near the sources of heat. Come on, this can't be more obvious.

@ scarletfirefly

No is some thing of an oversimplification; what I mean is cold resistance reduces the bodies ability to lose heat and having more heat does not stop you losing it, though it does take you longer to feel the cold. Besides Natsu has no resistance to the cold beyond his high body temp, heck his biggest weaknesses are water and ice. additionally he has been frozen twice and on both occasions by people Esdeath cold rofl stomp.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Leyi12396 said:
Definetly Snow Angel has my vote
Give a reason why.
well Esdeath's Ice Storm-commander-in-chief and Mahapadma are enough to overpower Natsu's fire-powers in my opinion ,also she wasn't even affected by Rubicante's flame orbs

<Fight is still Valid

<Valid fights are added regardless of age if there's enough votes....

Esdeath FRA

1. One of the votes says Esdeath via commander in chief which is restricted.

2. All those who said Esdeath with time stop are wrong as Natsu has ice resistance and time stop ain't gonna work.

3. Esdeath no longer has range and AOE advanatge against Natsu, whose flames are also much hotter than anything Esdeath dealt with (sand vaporisation is over 2k)

4. Considering it's a year old you could just make another match.

Natsu's ice res isn't strong enough to prevent him from being frozen by even regular ice attacks i doubt he can resist her time stop.

Delta3000 said:
Natsu's ice res isn't strong enough to prevent him from being frozen by even regular ice attacks i doubt he can resist her time stop.
You call Invel's ice regular ice? You know the person whose ice refroze Gray's ice? Also, time stop is not super powerful ice or anything... Esdeath never fought someone whose temperature is over 2k causally.

Natsu's cold res only extends to naturally occuring cold temperatures and the temp drop required to flash freeze or even produce ice out of the water in the air at combat useful speeds is much lower than what he is shown to withstand even with his 2k flames. Invel is not the only person to have frozen Natsu with regular ice attacks.

By regular ice i mean just freezing with ice not freezing time which is a related (by the concept of freezing) but seperate power.

Also if 'time stop is not super powerful ice or anything' then how is Natsu's ice res going to protect him from it?

@Delta Natsu has shown ice resistance many times. Invel's ice is and was proved to be on a complete diffrent scale and after a bit Natsu was able to break though it wich only gives him greater resistance.

You also need to take in account Natsu's resistance is much greater in actual combat where he uses his flames continuously while in that case Invel froze him before Natsu even fought him.

I am not even the only one who thinks time stop won't work due to cold resistance Natsu has and since his body temperature will grow higher during battle the only way for Esdeath to have even a remote chance to use her time stop would be the very beggining.

If Tatsumi was able to resist the timestop, then I believe Natsu could as well

I go for Natsu via His Heat and overall ability to adapt to his opponent's and still win

@blanked

By that logic Esdeath gets more resistant to fire the more ice she generates. Also your last paragraph contradicts itself.

• sighs
I'll count for Drellix since he's barely around nowadays.

General Melons: 8 (Cropfist, Delta3000, Adam of darkness, Leyi12396, Theglassman12, Gargoyle One, Knightofannihilation666, Bepo4151)

Salamander: 7 (CoreOfimBalance(COB), Panemorfos, ScarletFirefly, BFF, WilliamShadow [yes, this is his real name :)], Warren Valion, DemonGodMitchAubin)

I didn't add Raito's vote since it was based on Esdeath having superior range and experience which have sort of been disproved.

It doesn't really contradict myself as I always stand by my and not just my point of Natsu resisting cold.

I just gave you a little benefit of doubt and assumed that if Esdeath's abilty had an even remote possibility of working she would have to use it from the beggining, but that's not happening and I do not think it would work in any case.

False equivalence.

Most important show me Esdeath freezing fire that's around 2,2k Celsius.

Freezing time with ice is unquantifiable and doesn't really depend on how "strong" it is.

That's just like Natsu burning time.

And Invel freezing ice and Devil slayer ice freezing living flame is more impressive than anything Esdeath's ice did.

Ask that to Silver who froze a dragon made out of fire.

EDIT: okay so you can't freeze the flames, but you can freeze gasses that create flames. That's what I found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back