• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Esdeath vs Irene Belserion

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
Well I was gonna do an Akame match but with the most recent FT downgrade this is actually fair again.

Speed is Equalized, Universe One and Ice Storm are both unrestricted.

Blue Head: 5

Red Head: 7

This is kinda stomp, Dragon Irene uses Deus Sema and obilterates Esdeath, also she has enhancements that can melt Ice

And this ladies and Gentlemen is what happens when you don't specify.

I'm using their 7A versions, as obviously High 6C vs 7A is a stomp.

Irene probably still wins, she has been shown to be able to melt Metal with ease and Has tones of explosion enhancements, Esdeath can freeze time, and if Incursio can resist it, I'm sure Irene can with an enhancement, however the Ice Calvary will be a problem, Irene can probably wipe them out with a Melt Enhancement but Maybe I'm over estimating her, she was able to enhance a million soldiers so she can probably do it, honestly The problem with Esdeath is that it is all Ice, and eventually Irene will wear her down and use an explosion on her

Tatsumi resisted it because he resists Ice, enhancement isn't the same as resistance

Nevertheless.

Mahapadama needs a little concentration to cast, and when you're against an opponent that can make you explode in twenty different ways instantaneously is not that helpful. Also, Irene can possess her. I vote Irene

Incoming wall of text as big as both ladies' oppai ovo

Irene has Enchantment, so she can probably buff her stats, so maybe AP and dura advantage for her.

IIRC in-character Irene spams explosions in a fight instead of transmuting, so that takes care of the most dangerous hax she has, transmutation.

Climate change can probably counter Ice Storm, but I'm not sure. Ice Storm is Esdeath's accumulated energy of several days released all at once and reaches Country. IDK if a Mountain level can fully counter it, but probably able to do so in a small area where they fight, not the entire empire that Esdeath's Ice Storm can cover. Uncertain for this weather match.

Now her most used attack is spammable explosions by enchanting the air. I don't know if Esdeath's perception and senses can sense changes in the air near her before explosions can occur. But if she can, then Ice Shield or Mahapadma to protect her. And it's not like she can't tank or dodge them. These explosions aren't like Killer Queen's. Although explosions certainly are helpful in dealing against Esdeath's ranged projectiles.

Possession is... also uncertain. Esdeath resisted her Danger Beast in the blood she drank's attempt to break her mind, although IDK if it can control someone's body after breaking their mind. Also Irene's possession worked so well when used on Wendy because Irene is familiar with Wendy's dragon slayer magic, so IDK if she would be willing to use it on someone she has zero knowledge about skills and how they work.

Don't remember how her teleport works. If it's spammable, then it's an advantage for her unless Mahapadma. Same as Fire Enchantment that I don't remember how it works. But then again, Esdeath's fire-resistant ice shields.

My biggest issue is Universe One. In-universe Irene used it to remove the biggest player out of the battlefield and to collect the scattering Spriggan members together. So unless you are overwhelmingly stronger than her like Acno (which Esdeath isn't), I don't think she uses it in a one-on-one.

Now let's see what Esdeath can do:

As I said, ranged projectiles spam can be countered by explosions. But if it's the massive columns/ spikes/ boulders of ice, then they can do some damage even after having parts of it exploded. Though Irene can always make bigger explosions if that's the case.

Ice Armor can protect her from explosions.

Irene has no counter to Ice Entrapment unless she enchants herself strong enough to physically break free.

And finally, Mahapadma. Irene has no answer for that. Esdeath can activate it with a thought near-instantly. And considering her character, unless she is overwhelmed by explosions spam and the (questionably spammable) teleportation, she ain't using it soon. So inconclusive for this.

Finally let's talk about their skills and personalities ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). While both have spent years killing fodders (Irene's 400ish >>> Esdeath's at most 20 years), admittedly when you compare them without looking at the numbers Esdeath > Irene in pragmatic combats. PIS maybe, but Irene still had trouble fighting 2 girls whose combined ages is a fraction of hers. Both are also good at psychological attacks, but Esdeath is shown more resistant than Irene. The former never gives a shit unless it's Tatsumi, while the latter lost her cool when Erza sprouts her friendship stuff.

Sooo... after that massive wall of text, I say Esdeath with extreme difficulty

@Prim In that case you're fired.

@Debate

That said this really is a hard case...

I do agree with many of Byakuya's points, but still there are many things I find wrong. Possession is not comparable to that beast blood since it was something more on the mental level. It was producing insanity and it's not as if a temporarily possessed Esdeath can severely cripple herself. Universe One is definitely not gonna be used and time stop is a very vital aspect of this battle.

Explosions can counter mini projectiles and the bigger ones are gonna be a heavier hit, but at the same time it's likely that these would be hard to land. I also wonder if Irene can summon a lesser levelled meteor.... Not as strong as her higher tier ones, because that could mess with the weather more than her weather manip. I find it likely too that maybe she can use a lesser version of Universe One to dislocate her and her opponent to a different spot entirely considering she has shown magic to manipulate space.

Time stop would be an ender for Irene since I doubt she'll be able to dodge most of the attacks. Btw, wasn't the freeze entrapment ability of Esdeath needs to be quite close?

But I think the coffin here is... If Irene does take heavy damage, the moment she uses transformation/transmutation or possession, or both, it's really going to screw up Esdeath. That's her trump card basically.

So my personal cent, I lean on Irene, and at most a tie. But solidly on <s<shittier milf than Ragyo </s> Irene

@Gargoyle

The power would be overwhelmingly so. with comes great power comes great responsibility-

Well we can always invite someone from the discussion mods?

A little correction, Irene doesn't need to be familiar with whom she's possessing, she just told herself so to justify why she didn't use it on Erza (couldn't admit she loved her daughter)

I'm talking more about the powers, not the person she intends to possess. That worked with Wendy because Irene literally invented the magic Wendy uses. So she has no problem using it. It's not the same with Esdeath.

But now thinking about it she did still have explosion spam as Wendy, didn't she? Can't remember

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Is hurt to say this,but i guess voting Irene For Byakuya/Graf Reason's.
Dude? I said Esdeath extremely high diff :p

Just re-read Erza vs Irene for this. Ch 513 to 519

Fire Enchantment is literally just explosion fireballs. Saw no teleportation.

Possession requires compatibility between relatives or those with magic of similar nature (Wendy is both a dragon slayer and an enchanter, so she got targeted). And it's more of a mind-swap anyway.

However I'll also give more credit for Irene: can transmute Esdeath's saber in character. Can bomb-enchant the target's attire for stronger explosions. Can enchant the air for low danmaku-level energy beams.

Skills wise and personalities wise, re-reading it just cements my point Esdeath > Irene. Irene only had the upper hand for a while initially. One jab at her past sufferings and she lost her shit to the point of having trouble with Erza and Wendy despite no such thing initially.

Also remind me, was there an AP gap again? She is not that much stronger than Erza, actually. Scaling from other Spriggans she should be only a bit above baseline Mountain.

Lol,again my eye and head is screwing me again,sorry XD

Tumblr oqnjhtQ2rl1s7r03co1 400
KISAMAAAAAAAA!!!!

Looks like i voting Esdeath now For Byakuya/Graf reason's.

As I said, even when badly injured she doesn't use the devastating animal transmutation. Only explosions and energy beams. Nothing Esdeath can't handle with her Ice Shields and Mahapadma

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Is hurt to say this,but i guess voting Irene For Byakuya/Graf Reason's.

Why you do this to Esdeath Gar,why!!?
Says the person who made Esdeath vs Semiramis of all people.

Anyway, 4/4, and I'm not too keen on counting Ri's vote.

Also while Esdeath did admittly one shot a baseline 7A it's worth noting that said 7A was incredibly exposed leaving her to hit it with her strongest Attacks. So the AP shouldn't be that big of an advantage for her.

Graf, you're talking as if I'm ignorant lol...

And it's not the first time FT has held back powerful characters and prevented them from using their powers properly. And it's not like those aren't gonna be too effective. Also she's much stronger than Erza. Remember? One strike pretty much blew apart many bones in Erza's body? The power gap is big, but once you factor in power of Bullshit and plot induced stupidity Nakama, any gap becomes gone~!! Nakama power for everyone!!

Also even then, controlling one's mind to resist corruption is a different story entirely to being mind swapped. It's like being spatially cut and being portalled away all over again.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
1. Graf, you're talking as if I'm ignorant lol...
2. Also she's much stronger than Erza. Remember? One strike pretty much blew apart many bones in Erza's body?

3. Also even then, controlling one's mind to resist corruption is a different story entirely to being mind swapped. It's like being spatially cut and being portalled away all over again.
1. Nah, you are cool. You brought up some pretty solid counterpoints <3

2. That bone-breaking strike was in her dragon form. Here we have a person with nearly every bone shattered and impaled with a sword headbutting someone that got cut in the head and got sliced from neck to torso with an anti-dragon sword while in dragon form.

3. I did bring up that there are requirements for that mind-swap. And Esdeath doesn't have anything to satisfy said requirements (no biological relation, and no similarity in magic)

She targeted Wendy because she wanted a body similar to hers, not because she NEEDED a similar one. And possession was described as "enchant themselves in an another person"
0344A5FB-4EA8-4D70-92E8-3A36A2B2040E

You know what? I'm actually still confused about her mind-swap.

It seems I misunderstood her words. Biological relation is never a requirement.

But there's still the issue of compatibility. She mind-swapped with another dragon slayer with enchantment magic just like her. She THOUGHT she could swap with baby Erza who didn't have those magics, and so obviously failed (although also not helped that Erza was a newborn). So it's perhaps a bit too speculative that she'd want (and even be able) to swap with an ice user.

Back