• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Esdeath vs Invel ( Redux )

Esdeath.

1. Her mind resistance is enough to shrug off that of the teigu when she first acquired it, a simple taste is enough to make someone insane, but the whole grail got nulled, so Ice Lock is out of the question.

2. Big reason, Invel AP wise is baseline 7A, Esdeath herself, casually one shotted a Baseline 7A, so she's going in with a very good AP advantage.

Some points for Invel.

1. His Ice resistance can probably shrug off Mahapadma, but it won't stop her other Ice attacks from hurting him. Plus if all goes south, she can go close and tear him up with her rapier, which ultimately beats his fists weaponry wise.

2. A slightly bigger variety of ice attacks, but nothing Esdeath can't handle.

3. His Ice resistance will stop him from getting one shotted, but not enough to stop every hit from hurting like hell.

So with Equal experience and a pretty significant AP advantage as well as shrugging off Ice Lock, I say Esdeath, 7.5/10

Pretty much what Gar said, though I'm not 100% on the AP difference. Etherious Mard Geer is baseline Mountain (somehow, even though his 1st form is measly 51 megatons). So Spriggan should be above baseline like Esdeath

That doesn't make sense.

Whatever the case, Invel is around 100 megatons give or take.

Invel ice.....is pretty damn cold actually, to the point where even Gray Fullbuster who has pretty good ice resistance, felt like he was freezing. The dude even can freeze ice (somethibg that doesn't make sense but it hapened) and easily shattered any of Gray ice-nake creation.

Fairy tail 497 15
He easily froze Natsu's DS flame, which can easily meltes an entire stadium made of stones.....

Fairy tail 497 17
.....Twice.

Fairy tail 497 19
He also.....

Fairy tail 497 20
.....Doesn't really need to get close to her.....

Fairy tail 497 21
.....To attack.

Fairy tail 497 22
Oh yeah, Gray's ice resistance doesn't really help him here.

Fairy tail 498 6
He can also.....

Fairy tail 498 7
......casually do this by the way.

So, Mahapadma won't work due his ice resistance. Her possible AP advantage may helps her here, buy she mostly favored CQC over her range attack (something that he can easily deal with). So, my votes goes to Invel due he can basically spammed range attacks without even needs to move from his spots. His "ice" is also superior to her.

What exactly stops Esdeath from Building a massive wall of ice and constantly adding to it whenever it's damaged?

"Mostly favored CQC"

Ehhhh not really.

In fact, quite literally the entirety of her last fight was her spamming ranged attacks against Rebels and Tatsumi (Akame being an exception) and she did this in the majority of her Susanoo fight, so she certainly doesn't mind doing ranged combat at all and is a very adaptive fighter.

Spamming Range against someone with decent resistance to Ice and the AP to one shot people with AP around Invel's level WITH durability to match, as well as Ice Storm, I don't see ranged attacks doing much, if anything at all.

She can also do this to handle range

http://www4.mangafreak.net/Read1_Akame_Ga_Kiru_76_6

Nothing. But considering both of them have no info of each other Esdeath will have no idea what kind of attack he is gonna used.

Again, Invel can even freeze ice. Range attack won't be much a problem for him. He can easily counter it with him own range attack.

Gray has decent ice resistance and that doesn't help him until he goes for Devil Slayer. Also, the AP diferrence is almost nonexist since Invel ragdolling Non DS gray is pretty casual. The dude doesn't even needs to move at all.

EDIT: See my scans above, Invel range attack is not some sort of projectile like Esdeath. Invel can just give the same treatment he gave to Gray

Doesn't mean she can't react to it, since you say it's ranged, she'll be fine.

Okay Cool, that doesn't mean his Ice is going to be a problem for Esdeath, freezing ice is hardly even an impressive feat between two 7As in any way.

Gray is also Baseline.

The dude also lost to Gray much later

Oh, there's also nothing stopping her from spamming him with Omnidirectional Ice walls repeatedly and leaving him with zero room to move or act.

I calls it range cause Invel basically can attack her from distance, but his "attack" has consistently shown in appears near his targets. Referring to my scans above again.

Never said it wouldn't be a problem at all I said it won't be "a much problem" to Invel. Also, Invel ice can easily froze Ntsu DS flame, which again, can easily melted an entire stadium made of stones.

Correction, Invel lost to Devil Slayer Gray which is High 7-A.

Again, read my point. Also, he can just create a massive blizzars storms as camouflage to at least, hide his presence from Esdeath.

Ice Armor can help her from that just fine, it's also in character for her to spam it, she can also fly to avoid said attack.

Esdeath has absolutely zero issue sensing killing intent, Invel hiding his presence is worthless. She can also Outlast him using Ice Storm combined with her higher stamina or, in a scenario where Invel does land a hit, block the wound using Ice, or replacing her limb with an Ice limb.

Actually, count me as Inconclusive, too close to really call.

And he lived afterwards, my point.

She can also instantly rebuild limbs so again, inconclusive

He lives because he is High 7-A....Still an impressive feat to be able to freeze a Devil Slayer who is High 7-A which again has pretty damn good resistance to their elements, albieth just for a moment. And Invel did that with his inferior AP.

Invel managed to freeze Gray hand, who is High 7-A, for a moment before the dude overpowered him. Mind you that as Devil Slayer, Gray resistance to ice has been drastically increased from his normal level resistance to ice while being a normal ice mage.

To be able to momentarily freez a body part from a High 7-A who has much higher ice resistance than a normal ice mage with his inferior AP, pretty sure his ice is superior to Esdeath.

It is, but somehow he's only listed as 7-A, probably due Invel only managed to do it for a moment. But it is still an impressive feat considering Gray ice resistance as Devil Slayer is higher than his resistance as a normal ice mage.

If he's not High 7A for freezing a High 7A, then it's either PIS (Which is highly prevalent in Fairy Tail)

Or it's an example of his hax, which Gray didn't survive through sheer AP.

Not really, I mean we don't rate Tatsumaki as High 6-A for able to slightly affected Monster Garou with her pshycic power. Invel could be just higher than we thought in 7-A or it is just a form of hax.

Either way, my vote didn't change, I still votes for him.

Hax and AP are two different things, Freezing someone who is High 7A is a High 7A feat while Affecting someone with psychic power is unrealated to AP, not exactly the best example.

What's the Skill difference between the two? I know they both say Very High, but does skilled mage compare to a life time of battle? I don't know much about Fairy Tale, so to me it seems like the difference between scholarly learning and street smarts. One of those will help a lot more in a battle then the other. I'm gonna say Esdeath unless proven otherwise.

@Gar Fair enough. I think I have seen a similar feat like Invel, just give me a sec...

@Apies Skill is little matter here, since they both will likely fights from distances.

And in reality, considering that it comes down to who can counteract each others projectiles better and who can hit the other, skill is arguably on if the biggest factors.

Also, about CQC, Esdeaths Rapier>>>Bare Fists.

Plus, she, in a weakened state, without her arm, for an entire chapter, managed to fend off Akame, who can kill her with a single cut, CQC is not the best option for Invel against Esdeath at full power.

I disagree Homu. Skill would play just as bi a role at range as it would in CQC. In a range battle, it's more about aiming where your opponent is going then aiming at him. That means predicting where your opponent will dodge, or they even will dodge. Esdeath can also fly, which will give her a big advantage in range combat. Big mobility boost and all that.

He got Ice armor remember and it's not like he need to punch her to death to beat her, simply get his hand on her is enough for him to freeze her.

Never said he is more skilled than Esdeath, but his ability doesn't really requires him to be skilled in CQC.

It already explain why gray beat invel http://www.**********.com/fairy-tail/500/16

Well i dont have knowlage about this so idk

Well,its was a close fight,both of them are very skilled and both of them have a amazing ice manipulation.

But i think Esdeath can win this,she's more skilled in close combat,have mind resistance,etc (because Gar already explain it earlier).

Also Homu,range is not a problem for Esdeath,sure Invel can freeze the ice,but Esdeath is not that stupid,soon after she realized that Invel cn freeze her ice,she will make a sense..Mahapadma will be useless but Esdeath have a more tool like ice cavalry,and Ice commander in chief (OP didn't restricted it right?).

So i vote Esdeath for more skilled in close combat and more experienced,and have more stamina than him.

Yeah alright, I remember Invel ha never really fought someone who was a threat to him without getting stomped.

Switch back to Esdeath.

SBA. Starting distance: The characters start as far away from each other as the highest range of the fighters is, but a maximum of 4 kilometers. If extreme advantages are generated via this distance to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread.

Pretty much invel freez esd before she can do anything.

How does that in any way shape or form mean he can freeze her before she can do anything?

If anything that makes them both fight at range, which leads to my previous points.

Back