• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Yep. I'm doing this. Speed equalized.

Battle of these two OP members of guilds. Whatever Erza is 7-B is for this match. Who will win? Standard battle assumptions are in place.

040Wigglytuff PMD Explorers
Erza Anime S5
Ezra Scarlet

Insanely, I'm going with Wigglytuff here. Sleep manipulation, status ailments and resistance to poison are pretty good. While Erza can use energy blasts, Wigglytuff is quite liable to dodge them.

Depends on who gets the first strike. Nakagami Starlight will help a lot. So will Wing Blade. This is gonna be a versatility match.

Sing, Disable, Sweet Kiss and Charm help Wigglytuff a lot in this, Erza cannot resist Wiggly's status effects. Even with Wingblade, it's not sure it'd put her at a decisive advantage, as Wiggly has gone through lots of things, as he defeated a Nidoking as a baby and latter easily defeated a Kabutops and 2 Omastars single-handedly. He could destroy an entire cliff just by being sad.

I give this to Wiggly

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
As a matter of fact didn't Wigglytuff in mystery dungeon single-handedly stomp a Gengar, an Ekans and Medicham just by playing with them?
Pretty sure you're thinking of Red/Blue Rescue Team Wigglytuff. This is Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky Wigglytuff, who was a threat to a Magnezone, two Magnemite, an Armaldo, and a few others as a baby.

In the Sky Special Armaldo was impressed by Igglybuff abilities and intelligence to figure out the traps in the Dungeon and would have stomped Magnezone, Nidoking and etc. if Armaldo didn't stop him. With time he should have gotten much stronger, so Wigglytuff wins.

I've been meaning to comment on this match for a while. To be honest, while it's a reasonable match-up, both in theme, & in combatant ability, IMHO, I find it very silly in concept otherwise.

You've pitted an armor & weapons master... against a literal balloon Pokemon; "Balloon Pokemon" actually is its species classification. If it wasn't against my better judgment, I would say she stabs Wigglytuff & he goes flying off into the distance deflating. XD

My vote goes to Wigglytuff however, for the aforementioned status inflicting reasons, what with Disable, Sing, Sweet Kiss, Charm, etc.

She has little aside from keeping her distance, & attacking to keep those from afflicting her, & with the MD effect of Disable being used, & Erza being a close-up fighter, I doubt she'd be able to avoid them.

She does have a variety of ranged attacks through her various armors' abilities, but Hyper Voice may be effective enough to overcome them, & as the OP specified "Whatever Erza is 7-B is for this match." I don't know for sure just which of her armors are allowed.

My vote would normally probably go to Wigglytuff.

....But I'd like to know if an alternate outcome is possible.

Standard Battle Assumptions are in place. This means victory via BFR is also an option, no?

A typical Wigglytuff's Height & Weight are:

Height
3'03" 1.0 m
Weight
26.5 lbs. 12.0 kg
And some of its Pokedex entries are:

Red The body is soft and rubbery. When angered, it will suck in air and inflate itself to an enormous size.
Blue

Silver It has a very fine fur. Take care not to make it angry, or it may inflate steadily and hit with a Body Slam.

Sapphire Wigglytuff's body is very flexible. By inhaling deeply, this Pokémon can inflate itself seemingly without end. Once inflated, Wigglytuff bounces along lightly like a balloon.

So what if Erza, realizing she's fighting an animate balloon that inflates itself -& thus, presumably gets lighter when it does so- when it gets angry.... Tries using her Wind God Armor to literally blow Wigglytuff away?

Wigglytuff's only speed ratings are:

Speed: Hypersonic+ (Comparable to Team Charm, who could fight off several Hitmonlees), possibly far higher (Stronger than people who beat the Lake Trio and the Golem Trio)

And I'm assuming those are for combat speed, as opposed to travel speed.

Again, my vote would normally probably go to Wigglytuff here.

But could Erza feasibly pull out an unlikely win by just sending this literal Balloon Pokemon away on the wind?

@Imaginym

Speed is equalized for this match anyway.

And given that we never actually see this occur to Wigglytuff in-game. We don't see him justpuff up to an enourmous size, either, as he seems to only rely on his raw power instead of using such a common Wigglytuff tactic. My guess is that the BFR suggestion would likely not happen.

Considering the Wigglytuff family's affinity for Sleep-Based attacks, I think it's a no brainer that she (he?) would start the battle off with Sing, which would lure Erza into sleep. From there, Wigglytuff can slap around Erza until she ultimately wins.

It's a weird world we live in where Wigglytuff can fight on par with Erza.

Wigglytuff with medium difficulties. Can't add anything more to the discussion, so... Yeah, going with the reasons above.

Erza wins because she is Erza, obviously . . .

But seriously, Wigglytuff for reasons already stated

GimmyJibbsJr said:
...Thanks to darkanine, I think the match is over at 7-1 (Possibly 8-0 if Imaginym switchs vote) in Wigglytuff's favor.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/129/200/be5.png
Erm. I apologize for the ambiguity. I meant that unless Erza can achieve such a BFR victory, I'm voting for Wigglytuff.

And while it may be strange for this member of the Balloon Pokemon species to not do what its own species has been documented as doing whenever it gets angry, while unusual, apparently is the case, if he does indeed get angry without inflating himself.

I'd assume it might inflate itself when taking in air for Sing or Hyper Voice or such, but really.... Erza's profile lists her blowing away sand as an example of her air manipulation. Even if Wigglytuff DID inflate itself & did so enough to halve its weight to a mere 6 KG....

....I'd still be unsure she could send Wigglytuff far enough away to prevent it returning in a reasonable timeframe.

So let's put it another way: I vote for Wigglytuff Medium Difficulty.

I vote for Wigglytuff Medium-High Difficulty if the blow away the balloon BFR is possible.

And I MIGHT vote for Erza if the blow away the balloon BFR is easily possible.

For now, just consider it a vote for Wigglytuff, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back