• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Erza Scarlet vs Thorgrim Grudgebearer

Ungrim can go up to 5-B with RPL, so Ungrim's AP will always be equal to Erza's durability unless she somehow drops below his AP.

Ungrim is likely to have the better of Erza in a straight sword fight given his RPL and amps.

However Erza would quickly realize he has no range abilities whatsoever, What's stopping Erza from flying into the air or range spaming swords and magic till he dies?

Ungrim being more skilled then people who dodge danmaku from the likes of Katarin, who can spam thousands of ice attacks like literal rain. And smacking the swords out of the air/yeeting them back where they came

Ungrim being more skilled then people who dodge danmaku from the likes of Katarin, who can spam thousands of ice attacks like literal rain. And smacking the swords out of the air/yeeting them back where they came
Fair Enough, then Ungrim probably takes this low diff maybe even stomps as Erza gets countered at basically everything and he can amp himself 6x over Erza.

Fair Enough, then Ungrim probably takes this low diff maybe even stomps as Erza gets countered at basically everything and he can amp himself 6x over Erza.
Damn, Thorgrim... wait his damage reduction is really good and he has similar skills to those who dodge the Ice rain...

I would recommend Grimgor Ironhide but he resists 90% of the abilities on the wiki

Power Null is very in character for all wizards in fantasy, to even successfully cast magic you have to do so in a way that avoids it being nulled or controlled by enemy wizards.
I assume having baseline powernull resistance isn't enough to counter their powernull correct?

Fantasy powernull is weird. It's not so much that it bypasses resistances it's that it works on a fundamental level, manipulating the Aethyr that causes concepts/abilities to even come into existence in the first place. It's hard to stop because say for instance Erza went with fire manipulation Gelt would literally be dispelling the concept of fire itself.

Fantasy powernull is weird. It's not so much that it bypasses resistances it's that it works on a fundamental level, manipulating the Aethyr that causes concepts/abilities to even come into existence in the first place. It's hard to stop because say for instance Erza went with fire manipulation Gelt would literally be dispelling the concept of fire itself.
Nice

Erza gets nulled than transmuted as her resistance comes from a magic hammer she has.

Erza does have flight armor which can keep up with people who blitz her normally, what's thorgrim's counter, also how good is his damage reduction?

I can't remember how good his damage reduction is, it certainly isn't on the level of Khaine(Khorne could only squeeze a few drops of blood out of that gods heart) and his counter is she has to attack him head-on in order to do anything, since his throne is like 5-B in dura

Anyways I can see why you didn't bring thst up for Ungrim because Instinctive Reaction lols at that

Erza does have flight armor which can keep up with people who blitz her normally, what's thorgrim's counter, also how good is his damage reduction?
Actually it's on his profile, good enough to no-sell hits that would normally seriously injure Thorgrim

Actually it's on his profile, good enough to no-sell hits that would normally seriously injure Thorgrim
Ah then atm I'm gonna go with incon as while Erza is alot faster, she can't do any decisive damage to Thorgrim. Both can fight for hours without getting tired so it basically comes down to who outlasts the other.

How skilled is Thorgrim and what kind of boost does the Book give?

I assume Thorgrim starts on the throne with four Thronebearers, and Erza might try to start with a direct attack to him, and slash down the Thronebearers after, which I think shouldn't be that difficult, as they seem to be fodders.

APs counts relatively, Thorgrim will get just small damage, and assuming he is baseline (6.3 megatons) he is about 5 times weaker than Erza's dura (which is around 30 megatons), with the gap increasing with strongest armors, especially the Adamantine.

Erza can outrange him and if she can also outskill him (combinining stamina, senses/reactions, variety and versatility of weapons and general skill) I can see her defeating Thorgrim, maybe disarming him and keep going all out until he finally goes down, or just tire him out without him being able to reply, despite taking very little damage.

How skilled is Thorgrim and what kind of boost does the Book give?

I assume Thorgrim starts on the throne with four Thronebearers, and Erza might try to start with a direct attack to him, and slash down the Thronebearers after, which I think shouldn't be that difficult, as they seem to be fodders.

APs counts relatively, Thorgrim will get just small damage, and assuming he is baseline (6.3 megatons) he is about 5 times weaker than Erza's dura (which is around 30 megatons), with the gap increasing with strongest armors, especially the Adamantine.

Erza can outrange him and if she can also outskill him (combinining stamina, senses/reactions, variety and versatility of weapons and general skill) I can see her defeating Thorgrim, maybe disarming him and keep going all out until he finally goes down, or just tire him out without him being able to reply, despite taking very little damage.
Thorgrim as is usual with Warhammer Fantasy is skilled enough be untouched while soloing an entire army through skill alone and scales in skill to people who dodge what is essentially Ice Rain from Katarin, and the book just amps their skill some. Thorgrim isn't Ungrim in skill but Thorgrim is still one of the most skilled people in the setting.

The Thronebearers are at most High 8-C so yeah

Thorgrim upscales from 19 Megatons. It's barely a difference and Erza is more likely to run herself out of stamina then do any real damage to Thorgrim due to his damage reduction taking WAY worst hits

See above

This 19 megatons thing should really be noted on Thorgrim's profile, as currently it doesn't give any indication of that.

For his skill, do you think he could keep on with Erza's versatility, acrobatics and/or surpass her own ability?

With stamina, I was referring to Thorgrim tiring out even if he doesn't take damage, which I thought being possible if left unarmed and open to Erza's strikes, because once she sees that she does no damage to him, I think she would try go to for some sort of incapacitation, like taking away his axe and I don't know, pinning him down isn't really in-character, and the environment doesn't offer that much to work with.

If Thorgrim can keep up with skill and hold his own against her versatiliy, then I vote him for just no-lolling her attacks and go through them.

This 19 megatons thing should really be noted on Thorgrim's profile, as currently it doesn't give any indication of that.

For his skill, do you think he could keep on with Erza's versatility, acrobatics and/or surpass her own ability?

With stamina, I was referring to Thorgrim tiring out even if he doesn't take damage, which I thought being possible if left unarmed and open to Erza's strikes, because once she sees that she does no damage to him, I think she would try go to for some sort of incapacitation, like taking away his axe and I don't know, pinning him down isn't really in-character, and the environment doesn't offer that much to work with.

If Thorgrim can keep up with skill and hold his own against her versatiliy, then I vote him for just no-lolling her attacks and go through them.
Probably

He minorly resists every power known to man but outside of that probably, Mages are ridiculously versatile and Thorgrim has undoubtedly seen and fought them before

Don't they have comparable stamina at hours worth? It's not like taking away his axe is gonna do much, and pinning him down would only get her beat the shit out of

I'm pretty sure they both run themselves out of stamina before one kills the other, hence Inconclusive

The difference here is that Thorgrim can go through Erza's attacks, while she can't do the same. Erza's wincon were pretty much outmaneuvering and outskilling him, the moment this gap is filled, he can't go just through her attacks and ignore damage, while Erza has to defend himself while her attacks do jackshit.

She could try to just fly, jump and dash around shooting or taking a "hit and run" tactic the moment she understands that in close fight she is at disadvantage, which would eventually make both tire out,but I'm unsure if this would happen.

Huh... I want to avoid an incon or stomp if possible... but every other 7-B either has every resistance known to man or are ridiculously skilled to insanity... Sometimes both

Personally this either ends inconclusive or with Thorgrim's victory, Erza's only chance is to keep going and avoid being hit until Thorgrim tires out, as he is basically invulnerable and has the skill to not be incapacitated.

Back