• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Erza Scarlet vs Metagross

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Speed is equalized. Erza doesn't have access to her strongest armors. Metagross can't Mega Evolve. Which of these two will do better at...testing their metal?

Metagross
Erza Anime S5
Ezra Scarlet

Metagross since its magnetism pretty much takes care of Erza's armours and meta is strong against Fairies.

How strong is his magnetism? I mean her lifting strength is enough for her not to loose the grip of her sword or not?

Oh, Metagross can Mega Evolve now (actually, starts Mega Evolved), due to the Pseudo Legendary downgrade and the Mega Evolution upgrade.

@williamshadow: Not sure and possibly not relevent since Metagross could use its magnetism in the same way as Midnight uses reflector.

Delta3000 said:
@williamshadow: Not sure and possibly not relevent since Metagross could use its magnetism in the same way as Midnight uses reflector.
reflector and magnetism have nothing to with it each other since even when Erza hit the dude he simply distorted space and the attack didn't hurt him that is ridiculous to compare and yes it matters A LOT because if you take his magnetism is like his telekinesis or in general isn't enough to take Erza's sword then she just uses flame empress sword which is super effective (fire attack)and she gets the upper hand instantly... And if Erza takes a certain distance and then spams magical and elemental attacks like fire she is winning without too much effort...

^its Erza Scarlet the person that switches armors constantly which means she will soon use her fire sword and the moment she hits him she will see the advantage and again if she keeps distance with his magnetism not being strong enough she just spams her elemental and magical attacks...

I just went on and read about his magnetism and apparently he uses that for levatiating as well which means it's his telekinesis where he lifts his own body, which means his magnetism is only that strong which is not even close enough to work on Erza's sword so yeah magnetism is no longer a problem at all...

So Yeah with his magnetism being no treath to Erza's sword she can just use her elemental and magical attacks without even having to go into close combat where his magnetism again wouldn't be enough(since best magnetism feat was making his body levitate) and while she is changing her sword she will soon use fire sword as well and she will notice her fire attacks are super effective after which the win is hers without big problems so yeah vote for Erza...

@williamshadow: congratulations on missing my point entirely.

1) Metagross can distort, deflect and destroy Erza's weapons and (most of her) armours with its magnetism or TK; no need to pull her swords from her grip.

2)Metagross only being able to lift its self sounds pretty wimpy until you find out that base Metagross weighs 550 Kg (over half a tonne) and mega Metagross weighs 942.9 Kg (nearly 1 tonne). Erza, if she's of average weight, only weighs 70-80 Kg (up to 125 Kg with her heavyest armours (real life plate mail weighed about 45 kg) ); So Metagross can easily rag doll her.

3) Erza doesn't know that Metagross is weak to fire and even if she does figure it out Metagross can simply fly out of range, increase its defence, destroy the flame empress armour and/or rag doll Erza so she cannot take advantage.

@delta first destroy her sword with magnetism? How exactly is he doing that swords that are also engulped with magic so are even more durable, but in general he can't just destroy them and the point of deflecting it has no sense since Erza can use magic and elemental attacks without having to come close to him

Second you think Erza would use armors if she sees he can attract metal? Erza can combine her sword with a any armor or use them with a normal outfit and he can't take her sword from her grip cause his magnetism is weak and since he never showed anything greater than 1 tonne we can't assume he is so much stronger that he can take Erza's sword from her grip

Third: Erza can follow him without allowing him to escape and keep attacking him and Erza wil definetly figure out he is weak on fire cause figuring out Midnights weakness was a lot harder and she did it without big problems. And destroying her armor means nothing cause as I said Erza can simply use the sword with any normal clothing.

Basically she defeated an opponent who's abilty is superior to Metagross magnetism and now you say she can't beat him like seriously.

Metagross can attract,repulse and levitate metal not distort it as you say...(battle useful abilities of his magnetism) plus he can't use two abilities at the same time so she can do the same thing like with midnight distract with couple of swords and then attack with another or let her armor being affected and attack him with swords from up.

1) Exactly how has Erza's equipment being engulfed in magic stopped any of Erza's opponents from destroying it before? Metagross can deflect Erza's blades via magnetic repulsion. She could but that's not exactly Erza's mo now is it.

2) As i have said before Metagross doesn't have to take Erza's swords from her grip. If Erza removes her armours, as she likely will to prevent metagross from manipulating them, she is more vunerable to damage which gives Metagross an advantage.

3) How she cannot fly? and Metagross can respond with its own ranged attacks. She won't because Metagrosses weakness to fire cannot be logically deduced unlike Midnight's weaknesses; the only way Erza could figure out that Metagross is weak to fire is by hitting it with a fire attack and noticing it does more damage. If anything Erza will assume that Metagross is weak to lightning due to its metal body which isn't the case.

Reflector might be superiour to magnetism but Metagross has TK (which has no weaknesses) and plenty of other abilities.

That won't work so well on Metagross due to its steel type resistance.

Delta3000 said:
meta is strong against Fairies.
What an absurd and ludicrous argument, to the point it is amusing and not even worth discussing.

Delta3000 said:
2)Metagross only being able to lift its self sounds pretty wimpy until you find out that base Metagross weighs 550 Kg (over half a tonne) and mega Metagross weighs 942.9 Kg (nearly 1 tonne). Erza, if she's of average weight, only weighs 70-80 Kg (up to 125 Kg with her heavyest armours (real life plate mail weighed about 45 kg) ); So Metagross can easily rag doll her.
Wow he can lift nearly 1 ton with his TK, is this supposed to be impressive at all? Erza can dish out and withstand without a problem forces of 100 Megatons at the very least and has a M Class Lifting Strength, that's a lifting force of 1 million Kilograms at the very least. So yeah, lifting "nearly a tonne" with TK and magnetism is not impressive at all in this scenario. And since Erza battles with her swords and armors, the weapons can withstand such forces as well so he isn't breaking nor bending anything with his TK.

As for her deducing his weakness, she will sooner or later and her battle against 100 different enemies is a testament to that. Did she know any of their weaknesses? No. Did she discover them anyway? Yes. She has my vote.

Let's not turn this into a big discusion as well... People have their votes for their reasons and a discusion like this will lead to huge mess.

Plus both Metagross options for win were stated and Erza's reason as well so people can decide on that if they don't know about the two characters already...

@boomeyang:

That was a joke not an arguement, you should lern to tell the difference.

How immpressive it is irrelevent since Erza and her equipment don't weigh over a tonne. Metagross has mountain level AP so it can dish out the force required to damage Erza and her Equipment; there is a difference between lifting and AP.

How did Erza figure out the weaknesses of the helpfully color coded monsters... Oh that's right she hit them with attacks to find out what they were weak to; Coincidentally that is, basically, what i said she would have to do to find Metagrosses weakness.

@williamshadow: why do you use ellipsis in place of full stops, like pretty much all the time?

You use full stops ( . ) to end sentences and ellipsis ( ... ) for really long pauses or if your ommitting chunks of text.

@Delta It's a habit, because i usually don't finish my line of thought to make it easier to read or else there would be unnecessary text everywhere and since i am not very good at giving explanations in few lines i use "..." so, if I later have to talk about the same argument cause someone didn't understand or similar, I would try to just keep going from where I stopped trying to make less text per post although I sometimes write too much in one post as well.

Back