• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Fun battle between two people in the same tier that are pretty haxxed for where they are.

Erika is in her Piece version and has her scythe.

Ryougi Shiki is in her base and has her family Katana.

Speed is equalized as well.
Erika Furudo1
Ryougi Shiki vbw image
Who takes it?

Hard to say. Piece Erika is basically a normal human being and is protected by Bernkastel authoriety. Shiki has more versatile with her weapons and can use her '''Magical Prosthetic Arm '''to choke her from a distance.

hmmm.... Shiki's MEoDP can erase anything and especially she's using her Katana so her abilities are maxed through self suggestion so Erika will have a hard time since Shiki's distance to cut from afar is 9 meters via Katana, can someone tell me what's Erika's personality and how she fights and what's her armory, I'm having hard time to comprehend her skillset on her page

Umineko as a whole is a rather weak series if we go by fighting abilities on it own. Since its more of a detective story rather then a action fantasy story, sure it's battle sence has a lot of flavor text but it mostly boils down to "who's 'truth' is more 'effective and right'" rather then any real difference of physical abilities.

Sice Umineko's battle centers around a concept only localized in Umineko, speed is equalized, and she's only a piece her athority is limited and againt someone who is a blight againts the adnormal( since SHiki can kill anything she precives alive and since Red Truthes are said to be absolute rather then vague) I'm will to bet she can kill it as she did with what's his faces future prediction.

over all I'm going with Shiki.

I think there is a misunderstanding of how the Truths work. Words spoken with the Blue Truth become facts until disproven with absolute facts of reality. If Erika were to say "Well, you might not actually exist, and I might just be on drugs and hallucinating and imagining you", that would become true until denied with an absolute fact of reality, to the point of where it would conceptually erase Shiki, and unlike others that this is usually done to, she can't just think herself back. The Scythe can erase people the same way that Blue Truths being fired out of pistols can or fired at the opponents like stakes.

Also, Piece Erika can't use the Red Truth or her Scythe of Truth, but she can still use the Blue Truth and the Blue Truth stakes and shoot people with Blue Truth bullets. So, uhm, inconclusive from me, I feel like we don't really have a way to decide who would erase the other person first. They can both do it at a distance on basically a whim.

That's more or less feels the same as Mitsuru's Precognition. If they are absolute, regardless if it can be proven false or not, then it is given a form, which means Shiki can kill it, after she understand how it works of course, untill then yes I do believe it will be effective againts Shiki.

It doesn't have to be given form take into effect, manipulating the truth, but it does have to take form to erase her. Either way, she wouldn't have enough knowledge on it to figure it out before it killed her. How does Shiki's concept killing work? Can she just do it on a whim like I described?

As long as she views them as 'living', in the sense that they can interfere with the world, then she is able to kill almost anything, even non-physical existence like a magic spell or even spirits or ghosts can be killed. As for her Concept killing, I don't honestly know I Believe thats her has to do with her last teir rather then her normal teir they are different. In lingering Pain she out right said;

"There's a flaw for everything in the world,... Air, intent, and even time. Humans need not even be said. If there's a beginning for everything, then there's also an end. My Eyes see that end, the death of everything. And once I see that death, all anything needs is a single, light push, that sends it barreling off into entropy. Magic, just like yours." With those sinister Eyes, Shiki glares at Fujino. "That's why, if there really was a God, he would fall just as easily against me."

The Truthes are definetly an ace in the hole agaitns Shiki since she doens't know about them and how they work but at some point I can see Shiki understand how it works. Unless Erika is going for the kill right from the get go then the longer the battle drags on the more time SHiki has to understand it and potentially kill it and what liitle I know of Erika I can see this going on a while, she never strucked me as a 'quickly end' type.

This is just to give proper explanation on what I am trying to say here's the passage within the LN on what I am trying to talk about, I cut down some one the passage because I didn't think they were nessecary:

"August 3 1998, 11:32 am. Ryougi Shiki entered the parking lot. Future is unchangeable anymore. In one minute, she will be distracted by the family appeared from the elevator and got 1,500 metal balls from three directions and minced into pieces.

"...hey, I catch up with you, bomber."

She talked to her cell phone and dropped it. She drew a knife from her back. Her eyes / shined blue / and stared the surroundings filled with "future".

A child and his parents appeared from the elevator. Next moment, he pushed the button. At the same time Shiki's knife flashed in the air.

-In one second, Ryougi Shiki got 2mm metal balls all over her body and killed instantly.-...

"HA...Why...WHY!!!"

Suddenly he lost his sight. Panicked with the pain, Meruka desperately repeated pushing the button. But the bomb didn't respond. Problem with the fuse? or wrong mixing of the components? or the electric failure of the remote controller? No, they could not happen. There was no change in the future he piled up. But the bomb was deactivated by the coincidence ignoring all of his preparations......

"Touko had the point. The more you know the future, the more you lose the sight. Can you hear me, bomber? You don't need your right eye now."

He heard her voice. He tried to see the way out with his left eye, but he couldn't see his future "successfully escape from here" at all.

"If your prescience were the prediction type, you could have killed me easily. Not to mention, you see the future too clearly.".....

"why...why....!"

He didn't feel fear for the death. He had believed in the future. He had been tied by the future. Why did the absolute belief and curse collapse now!?

"Why did the future change!?"

"It didn't change. There is no future in the present. You cannot deal with a thing which doesn't exist now."

The magician said the future "measurement" was superior to the prediction because one can intentionally determine the future. But,

"Future is invulnerable because it's not graspable. Once it takes a form, it can be broken."

The determined future is a distinctive target for Shiki.

"I cannot kill an accident, but I can kill inevitability. Good night, bomber. Your future was dead end from the beginning when you gave a form to the future." "

I don't know how to do the strickthough in this text box but the sentence with the dashes on the sides is crossed out.

Back