• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Er Gen verse Transduality Type 2 for 4th step cultivators

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, as you can see from here, the Essence contains many dualities

Has no form or shape, but creates and contains all forms and shapes
Has no beginning or end, but contains all beginnings and endings
Takes up no space, but also contains all space (all space)
Exists outside of time, but creates and contains all time
Is noiseless and lightless, but contains all noise and light
Does not exist in a specific place, but creates and contains all places
Is infinitely small, but also infinitely large
Is completely unique and boundless

This is the definition of essence, as a result of these dualities Transduality Type 1 must gain I come with extra evidence for Type 2

Here you will see that "Essences are essentially the foundation of everything" including concepts

Well there's this scan to support it.

Result:

Essence must gain Transduality Type 2.
Also 4th step cultivators should gain because they become their own essence

Agree : @Crabwhale, @Lonkitt, @AKUTO123 , @Georredannea15, @ShionAH, @Barbar01, @Malekith, @RaveeCPN, @YueNoMoral, @Rakih_Elyan, @LuffyRuffy46307, @Reiner, @Robo, @Muchacho_mrm
Neutral : @Planck69, @DarkDragonMedeus
Disagree : @ImmortalDread, @Fixxed

Last edited:
Yeah I’m not sure this would qualify for Transduality type 2. The scans just mention it existed before all of those things were made and it ended up creating those things, plus no mention of concepts in the scan, just more “it made everything”. Pretty sure we don’t give Transduality for something to create everything and existing before they were a thing to begin with.

Yeah I’m not sure this would qualify for Transduality type 2. The scans just mention it existed before all of those things were made and it ended up creating those things, plus no mention of concepts in the scan, just more “it made everything”. Pretty sure we don’t give Transduality for something to create everything and existing before they were a thing to begin with.
The example of duality I gave above is quite sufficient for the concepts and this is possible transduality type 2.
Then "Foundation of everything" supports transduality type 2
And also essence transcends all natural laws

Can you quote where there’s any form of Duality being transcended here? Also being the foundation of reality has never granted Transduality. You need to have explicit statements of being beyond numerous dualities across reality.

Can you quote where there’s any form of Duality being transcended here? Also being the foundation of reality has never granted Transduality. You need to have explicit statements of being beyond numerous dualities across reality.
All right, look at this.
Also Essence is on top of natural laws
IMG_7396.webp-6.jpg

Essence is everything.
And don't forget that we also have 4th step cultivators, which are completely transcend Essence.

That does not tell me anything on Dualities. If that’s seriously all you got then I’m hard disagreeing here.

That does not tell me anything on Dualities. If that’s seriously all you got then I’m hard disagreeing here.
Dude, have you read crt?

Has no form or shape, but creates and contains all forms and shapes
Has no beginning or end, but contains all beginnings and endings
Takes up no space, but also contains all space (all space)
Exists outside of time, but creates and contains all time
Is noiseless and lightless, but contains all noise and light
Does not exist in a specific place, but creates and contains all places
Is infinitely small, but also infinitely large
Is completely unique and boundless

They are already dualities

Hence Transduality Type 1 gains, except for Type 2, which is above all natural laws and is everything in existence.
"All things that exist will have Essences"
"Essences within everything in the universe"
Dude, even dualities are mentioned and then it is clearly stated that he is not even limited to dualities, he is everything.
Essence is top of all natural laws/concepts
And 4th step cultivators qualify for Transduality Type 2 because they are completely transcend it.

If you are going to ask again about dualities even after I have proved dualities to you, sorry but please leave this place.

Literally nothing you’ve said remotely qualifies for Transduality. For Transduality you have to be beyond dual nature of two concepts that reflect each other like 2 sides of a coin. Having no space but containing space isn’t Transduality, it just means it existed before space was a thing and it made space, which is like every other creator in any form of fiction with little to no elaboration on their nature.

If it’s everything then they aren’t really beyond dualities, being everything can just mean Omnipresence, also telling me to leave isn’t really helping your arguments here, just saying.

Literally nothing you’ve said remotely qualifies for Transduality. For Transduality you have to be beyond dual nature of two concepts that reflect each other like 2 sides of a coin. Having no space but containing space isn’t Transduality, it just means it existed before space was a thing and it made space, which is like every other creator in any form of fiction with little to no elaboration on their nature.

If it’s everything then they aren’t really beyond dualities, being everything can just mean Omnipresence, also telling me to leave isn’t really helping your arguments here, just saying.
Okay, have you read the Transduality page? I'll give you a little excerpt

So, for example, fire and water are not a duality. The duality of fire would be fire and not fire. The duality of existence would be existence and not existence, which could equivalently be formulated as existence and nonexistence or existence and void.

The example here corresponds to the examples we gave above, they are definitely dualities
Being everything is not used in the sense of Omnipresence at least for Er Gen, it is obviously above even Natural Laws/Concepts. If you transcend above all concepts, you transcend all dualities, and as I said, the ones I mentioned above are dualities.

In short, he is depicted as being above it all and that Essence is everything.
Please don't think that it is just Everything.

If he has never read any work on cultivation or Ergen, it's kind of hard to understand, in any case I agree. The Essence qualitatively transcends these conventional concepts of duality, and all 4-Step cultivators become their own essence in short.
Counted.

Literally nothing you’ve said remotely qualifies for Transduality. For Transduality you have to be beyond dual nature of two concepts that reflect each other like 2 sides of a coin.
To be entirely fair, our definition of transduality type 2 says:
"Type 2 (General Transduality): Characters that exist in a nondual state regarding all dual systems within the scope of an entire level of reality and qualitatively superior or immune to the effects caused within it. Furthermore, characters with this type can be accurately described as being in either both or neither state of the dualities."

Again, not hugely knowledgeable in these matters, consider my opinion relatively weak, but from what I read above it seems to fall in line with the second of those definitions.

I'm going to wait from further input from theglassman, but I have to say I strongly dislike Lars' attitude towards him in the discussion.

Maybe litte bit agrresive but ı understand him
I don't. You can't demand that people agree with you or see things your way simply because you've explained your own perspective on it and they still don't agree. That's bonkers.

I don't. You can't demand that people agree with you or see things your way simply because you've explained your own perspective on it and they still don't agree. That's bonkers.
Well, he think this is quite simple because the op pretty similar to TD type 2 page and the glass man said there isn't TD there so this for him so annoyable thing. ı understand him because if some one says 2+2 dont equal 4 then ım getting angry

Well really he might have been a bit pushy, a conversation or warning about should do the trick, but it's really tiring trying to explain the obvious anyway.
But he's not explaining "the obvious" because his conclusion is not obvious.

This is what the transduality page actually says:

Transduality is the state of being wherein an entity exists independently of, and qualitatively beyond, various dual systems, ranging from very specific, limited sets of dual distinctions to duality itself on a conceptual level. If the 0 and 1 of binary systems can be considered a duality, a transdual character’s fundamental existence might be definable as being in-between the numbers of 0 and 1, being 0 and 1 at once, being defined as being a “2”, or as not being describable through any numbers at all at the higher levels.

I understand that, at a surface glance, the Essence might seemingly meet the criteria of "being 0 and 1 at once" as it is said to have no form or shape, but contains them.

But here's the thing, that's not "being 0 and 1 at once." It would have to both A) Have no form and B) Have a form or have every form.

The only description that actually meets this criteria is that it is simultaneously infinitely large and infinitely small. Everything else describes is simply transcending or creating certain concepts, which isn't the same as being transdual. None of the concepts described are dualities.

But he's not explaining "the obvious" because his conclusion is not obvious.

This is what the transduality page actually says:

Transduality is the state of being wherein an entity exists independently of, and qualitatively beyond, various dual systems, ranging from very specific, limited sets of dual distinctions to duality itself on a conceptual level. If the 0 and 1 of binary systems can be considered a duality, a transdual character’s fundamental existence might be definable as being in-between the numbers of 0 and 1, being 0 and 1 at once, being defined as being a “2”, or as not being describable through any numbers at all at the higher levels.

I understand that, at a surface glance, the Essence might seemingly meet the criteria of "being 0 and 1 at once" as it is said to have no form or shape, but contains them.

But here's the thing, that's not "being 0 and 1 at once." It would have to both A) Have no form and B) Have a form or have every form.

The only description that actually meets this criteria is that it is simultaneously infinitely large and infinitely small. Everything else describes is simply transcending or creating certain concepts, which isn't the same as being transdual. None of the concepts described are dualities.
Btw Transduality isn't just taken by transcendence. If you contain dualities and are independent of their effects ( If not affected). You are suitable for Transduality. Because this is a kind of "non-duality". Non-duality means, to contain dualities and also not be influenced by dualities means to be independent of them.(I just wanted to point out.) That's why ı agreed with OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back