• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equinox (And other Batman: The Brave and the Bold) Profiles?

Equinox probably needs more work, though. Have to look into Fate of Equinox. I'm gonna get to work compiling what I can from Batman's Respect Thread. https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthr...respect_batman_batman_the_brave_and_the_bold/

If anyone's making any BatB stuff, feel free to talk about it here. Also, hopefully we can get that less appealing Equinox image replaced soon.

So far he seems solidly Wall Level, since he can:

Hit grown men hard enough to send 'em flying

Hit metal hard enough to break off pieces of it, crumple The Living Brain's metal tube arm (Shortly after recovering from a deadly virus.), beat up an army of armored gorilla soldiers with his fists....

He can also kick Kru'll the Eternal what looks like at least a couple of meters away.

Apparently, Batman can use an ancient meditation technique (Revealed later in the episode, IIRC.) to separate his spirit from his body, & has Nth Metal equipment he can use that can affect beings like The Gentleman Ghost. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3SXd4hGdQ&feature=youtu.be&t=19s How his spirit brought equipment, I don't know.

Equinox RenderFix
I've tried to make a decent render of Equinox. It is tough to remove the artifacts, so if I need to work further on the artifacts elimination, just tell me, ayayayaya~

P.S.: Yup, I recreated his star eye.

@Andytrenom

I'd appreciate if my render will be approved. It's also big enough to be used.

It looks great! Although, it does look like there's some artifacts on his left shoulder & on his left leg above the red stripes, so I can understand if you want to clean it up before we replace the old image.

(I worry that we might need a render for Equinox-Prime, since his appearance changes. Plus, some of his giant keys may look different. Hopefully folks aren't given too much trouble by some possibility like that.)

While waiting on that render, what would be good to work on for the 'verse next? Equinox's other keys? The 'verse's Batman, especially because scaling? Bat-Mite since his higher-dimensional imp stuff might mean he needs some discussion before making a profile?

Okay, understood! I'll do additional clean-up of the artifacts. Be noted that I'll upload a new version of the image instead of uploading a new image, ayayayaya~

Mind giving some shots on Equinox-Prime's appearance?

(Typing a bit of a wall of text. I'll post the images in this, & the statements/feats stuff I saw in the episode next post.)

"I'll upload a new version of the image instead of uploading a new image"?? Would uploading a new version not be uploading a new image regardless?

Gimme a sec to try & find it. I may have to look places other than Youtube, so are there any video streaming sites to NOT link? (Given I found the last BatB episode I looked into on Dailymotion, though....)

Oh, lol. Now that my net's back, I've found it was in the same episode as the one I linked earlier.

The Villains Wiki has this, which lacks the logo my source has, but it only seems to be 300 x 168:
Equinox DC
EquinoxPrime480p
Below is my own full-screen, 480p screenshot. Seems to be of lower quality, possibly as a result of the resolution, & the CN Logo is partially covering the cape, sadly.
Of course, in both cases, while they do show the scale & most of the body well, I'm betting a better render might actually show the full body, head to toe.

Long, wordy summary of episode events, so as to detail feats & statements below. If you aren't interested, don't un-collapse this.

So, apparently Batman's iron knuckles he uses against the statues were made of Nth Metal, based on him saying "a side of Nth Metal". Which is neat, since Equinox later melts them off his hands, seemingly with no heat.)
Other notes: After Equinox falls into an... ancient gyroscope (Apparently, people worshipped it, & Equinox was hoping to use it to stop the world, as the gyroscope was said to be believed to be capable of.), it explodes & Batman & Dr. Fate evacuate, DF says "I sense Equinox wanted this. But the picture is incomplete." Later, while meditating, he screams & reels in pain, then says "Something's terribly wrong." So Enhanced Senses for BatB Dr. Fate, if he ever gets a profile. He also has dialogue implying access to I think he said... the "Eldritch Scrolls" & "All-Seeing Orb of Octorum"?

It's after this fall that it's observed Atlantis is under attack by prehistoric creatures not seen for millions of years, & that "The entire universe is careening violently between Order and Chaos." Arriving in an above ground city under attack by dinosaurs, Dr. Fate says "The space-time continuum has been unbalanced.", and when he tries to shoot an Ankh energy beam, the symbol fizzles, his magic failing, then concludes "The shifting energies are affecting my powers. We must consult my masters, The Lords of Order." & opens an Ankh portal to The Courts of Order and Chaos. "My Master Nabu approaches with Typhon, Lord of Chaos."

Batman, to Nabu: "We're hoping you can stop the material plane from tearing itself apart." Nabu: "I fear your universe is experiencing a violent decompression of tensions that have been building for eons."

They explain Equinox's backstory, & Batman asks why Equinox involved Batman. Nabu: "In you, he saw an equal. A tool to terminate his own... existence." Typhon: "Now free of his fleshly prison, he can tap into the same boundless energies from which we Lords of Chaos & Order derive our powers.". Nabu looks to the side. "He's coming."

The green clouds/mist of the court part, & a giant Equinox appears. "Wrong. He is here. And he is famished." Nabu, Typhon, & 5 faceless (I'd assume Lords of) Order & Chaos attack him with beams that explode, to no effect, then Equinox absorbs their powers, pulling beams out their chest. Nabu makes a dome barrier, blocking Equinox's punch. Nabu & Typhon teleport Dr. Fate & Batman out of the court, Equinox shoots two yellow beams, then the scene cuts back to the city. Dr. Fate; "The voices of The Lords of Order are silent." The same city previously under attack by temporally displaced by dinosaurs now seems safe & normal. "Everything is as it was." Then there's a thud. Batman: "And I think I know why."

And then Equinox Prime shows up. His giant step crushes a car, which explodes, but lol is such a feat even relevant now?

"Why did you run away? You left before I could express my appreciation for the help you gave me." (So, falling into the gyroscope was deliberate?)"Shedding off the chains of my old existence, to be reborn... a god!" *lightning bolt strikes in the background*

Dr. Fate tries shooting an Ankh beam, which Equinox-Prime blocks with his hand. He becomes enveloped in a blue-white aura, then shoots the same kind of beam at Dr. Fate, sending him hurtling backwards through a building. Equinox turns away, and creates a glowing, red ball, with what resembles electricity coming out from all around it.

Dr. Strange gets up, groaning, saying to Batman "He's too strong for me. With the combined power of The Lords of Order and Chaos, he's too strong for any hero. Batman: "Then maybe we should combine some powers of our own." Presumably via Dr. Fate's magic, Aquaman, Blue Beetle, Hal Jordan (From out in space, no less.), Green Arrow, Red Tornado, Fire (Beatriz DaCosta), Plastic Man, Black Lightning, Flash (Jay Garrick), & Black Canary are teleported to Dr. Fate & Batman's location.

Dr. Fate: "With your permission, I'll borrow all your powers and skills in the faint hope, that combined into a single hero they may give one of us the necessary edge to defeat Equinox. Batman: "Fate gets the powers. Only he has the discipline to control such a force." Dr. Fate: "On the contrary, Batman. My ways may be too rigid for this task. But your proclivity towards Chaos is just what we need now. Batman: "Do it."

Dr. Fate says something like "Vis-somnia vis-nyaultees." with glowy hands. Whitish blue aura lines around everyone, beams shoot out of everyone & into Batman. Batman becomes giant.

Aquaman, then Plastic Man: "Bash him in the blowhole for us, Batman!" "Don't you mean, Bat Monolith?" Presumably how this key gets its name.

Equinox: "This universe will be torn apart, so that it can be reborn." *Bat-Monolith taps him on the shoulder from behind, then punches him, sending Equinox Prime sliding back to crash into and lean on a damaged building.*

Following is some giant fist-fighting & such, pretty even. Bat-Monolith shoots an Ankh-beam, which Equinox Prime uses a spherical barrier centered at his hand to deflect. The beam hits the ocean, & creates a sizeable explosion. Equinox starts to pick up the majority of a building, breaking it where he grabs it, but Bat-Monolith teleports them out of the city, to some asteroids near Earth, which are big enough these two giants can stand on.

Bat-Monolith blindsides a confused Equinox Prime with Fire's powers, sending him hard enough into an asteroid to make a dust cloud. Dr. Fate appears at Bat-Monolith's shoulders from an Ankh-portal, seemingly... astral projecting. He tells Batman to focus to win.

Using Green Arrow's skills & conjuring some arrows, Bat-Monolith blows up the asteroid EP is on, then uses Plastic Man's powers to size shift, stretch, & grab EP, swinging him through more asteroids, fragmenting them as well. He uses Lantern Ring powers to shoot an electricity-like beam at EP, who blocks it with some effort with a barrier, then Blue Beetle's powers to shoot exploding energy discs, which are also stopped by the barrier. Finally, he leans back, spreads his arms & wings, & shoots a beam from his chest, which explodes against EP.

With the dust from the explosion swirling around him, Equinox: "I warned you once not to get in my way. Now learn why." He then moves at high speed, with a glowing trail behind him, ramming through the meteor Bat-Monolith stands on, & striking him, shooting him with a golden beam to send him through two more, pummeling him, & sending him to land on one more.

Equinox Prime: "It seems that the combined power of all my old masters are more than a match for the powers of your friends."

EP recreates the red ball, which expands with a purple & black like inside.

Finally, Bat-Monolith claims to surrender, but points out that destroying the universe doesn't seem like an act of balance. Equinox's answer: "Winding time back... Giving the cosmos a new start... A universe reborn in harmony. Batman... Only a being in perfect balance could even attempt what I do now."

Bat-Monolith/Batman questions Equinox's perfect balance, & when probed, he tells him the Chaos deep in Equinox's heart outweighs the Order & that it's why he rebelled against his Lords. Equinox claims he rebelled "because the type of balancing act they demanded was impossible.". Bat-Monolith: "And you hate them for it." EP: "What do you know about neverending responsibilities? Of course I hate them!" EP steps back, turning around. "...Wait, if I'm not in balance, then this was all for... nothing?! No! Nooooo!!"

Bat-Monolith quips "You're cracking up, Equinox. Balance this!", as golden, glowing cracks appear. Atypically for BM, his lantern ring glows Green (In other uses, it was blue like his other powers.) and punches him, sending him into the ball of energy/magic EP had been building up earlier. EP is shattered, and the ball collapses around its pieces, & makes a great show of light.

Dr. Fate appears, to remark that "Looks like Equinox has finally found his equillibrium."

The Superpowers are returned to their owners, & Batman returns to Earth via teleportation. (Whether via the powers he just gave up or Dr. Strange's own, I don't know.)

So, shouldn't we replace Base Equinox's image with the one here?: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3092328#50

For now, I'm gonna edit a cliffnotes list for my wall of text from here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3092328#52

Dr. Fate (Batman: Brave and the Bold):

1. Dialogue implies he has the "Eldritch Scrolls" & "All-Seeing Orb of Octorum".

2. He seems to have Enhanced Senses, & maybe Telepathy or Mind Reading, since he was able to "sense Equinox wanted this [to fall into an ancient gyroscope that'd then explode, killing Equinox]. Was aware The Lords of Order "went silent" even after leaving The Courts of Order and Chaos.

3. Also, Cosmic Awareness, as he could tell something was "terribly wrong" after moments of meditation. He also seemed to be inflicted pain by this wrongness. Was aware the space-time continuum was "unbalanced", & realized soon after observing his powers fail that the shifting energies were causing this.

4. Can take hits from Equinox using beams with power absorbed from his own beams, so he should scale to his own AP in base, at least. Probably.

5. Can open giant, Ankh-shaped portals .

6. Can teleport others, even to or from space when he's a great distance away himself. Can probably do the same for himself.

7. Was able to appear on Bat-Monolith's shoulder to speak to him while BM was in space, although he didn't seem to be noticed, nor did he directly participate in combat. Each time he did this, he did seem to enter via an Ankh-shaped portal, though. Notably, BM had Dr. Fate's powers & skills at the time (As shown by him teleporting & shooting an Ankh beam.) so I dunno how he did this. Astral Projection? Illusion Creation? Telepathy? Intangibility?

Equinox:

1. Base Equinox can melt 9th metal iron knuckles with his Magic/Transmutation. It doesn't seem to use heat.

2. After he falls into the ancient gyroscope (Supposedly, it could've stopped the Earth's rotation, to leave one half bright & blazing hot, & the other half cold & dark, but this was never shown.), he sort of does & doesn't tank the explosion; His "fleshly prison" of a body is destroyed, but this was deliberate, so he could "tap into the same boundless energies" Lords of Order & Chaos derive their powers from. From there, he goes on to absorb The Lords of Order & Chaos. (Nabu, Typhon, & 10 faceless, nameless Lords.)

3. Between when Equinox's body was destroyed & when he absorbed the Lords, dinosaurs & sea-life "not seen for millions of years" were on Earth. However, it's unclear if he did this intntionally: It happened when the space-time continuum was "unbalanced" & Equinox was kind of dead until after absorbing the lords, after which, the cities were reverted to a normal state... aside from Equinox-Prime now being in the world.

Life Manipulation? Resurrection? Time Manipulation? I'm not sure on this.

4. Some kind of Immortality since he can still do stuff without a physical form?

4. Seems to have Dimensional Travel since he went to the The Courts of Order and Chaos.

5. Absorption & Power Absorption since he's absorbed the powers of Lords of Chaos & Order.

As Equinox Prime:

1. Large Size, since he's as tall as buildings.

2. Took hits from Bat-Monolith, who has the powers & skills of Batman, Aquaman, Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes), Green Lantern Hal Jordan, Green Arrow, Red Tornado, Fire (Beatriz DaCosta), Plastic Man, Black Lightning, Flash (Jay Garrick), & Black Canary. Powerful enough that Dr. Fate considered it a "faint hope" combining all of said heroes' powers into one hero may give one of them the necessary edge.

3. Enough Lifting Strength that he was able to pull a building hard enough that he could have picked it up, had BM not interrupted by teleporting them.

4. Able to create barriers. One he used deflected an Ankh-Beam from Bat-Monolith, which, upon hitting the ocean, made a mushroom cloud that dwarfed the city's buildings. (Scale Dr. Fate to this, since the beam was made with his powers?)

5. Spaceflight & likely self-sustenance, since he fought in space.

6. Possibly Statistics Amplification (Speed), since he was shown moving with visible blurred motion trails when he seemed to get serious in the fight.

7. Should be superior to Bat-Monolith, since he took numerous hits from him, his statement suggests he has better scaling, & I'd be skeptical Dr. Fate, Batman & his friends are superior to universe destroying power, especially if it comes from 6 Lords of Order & Chaos each, whereas Dr. Fate is only one LoO.

Besides that, his destruction occured from him literally cracking up when BM convinced him his Chaos outweighed his Order, & BM took the opportunity to punch him into his own universe destroying attack that had been building up.

8. Possibly Time Manipulation, & likely Creation. (Along with the prehistoric life thing above, when told that destroying the universe doesn't seem like an act of balance, he answered: "Winding time back... Giving the cosmos a new start... A universe reborn in harmony. Batman... Only a being in perfect balance could even attempt what I do now."

Dubious Time Manipulation basis aside, I'm pretty sure it was stated other times in the episode he intended to recreate the universe, not just destroy it.

9. Does he qualify for Reality Warping? In which key(s)?

Bat-Monolith:

1. Large Size, pretty much the same size as Equinox Prime.

2. Lifting Strength enough to pick up EP while shapeshifting using Plastic Man's powers & swing him through giant asteroids.

3. As mentioned above, as the powers & skills of Batman, Aquaman, Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes), Green Lantern Hal Jordan, Green Arrow, Red Tornado, Fire (Beatriz DaCosta), Plastic Man, Black Lightning, Flash (Jay Garrick), & Black Canary.

Didn't seem to use Black Canary or Red Tornado's powers, & the closest to Black Lightning was an electricity like attack when pointing his Lantern Ring (Which was Blue, despite its origin, & which glowed green for the final punch, despite most of his powers being blue-ish white) at EP during an attack. If he used Flash's powers, it was unclear.

Imaginym in one of my PMs asked to do a render for Bat-Monolith~

I'm sorry that it's rushed, I did the render while I was constantly being bitten by insects, ayayayayaya <_<

BatMonolith Render

@Skalt711: No problem that it's rushed! IMHO, it looks fantastic! I'm sorry the bugs are being so awful to you! Here's hoping those bugs stop bothering you/die/go away ASAP; I'd hate to experience that!

Skalt711 said:
I'm sorry that it's rushed, I did the render while I was constantly being bitten by insects, ayayayayaya <_<
Yikes. Sorry for that buddy

@Andytrenom: Opinions on the renders? Also, what of the powers & abilities listed for Equinox, Equinox Prime & Bat Monolith? Any opinion on what the scaling/tiers should be?

Renders are good. Maybe a different pose would have been better for Bat Monolith, but I won't take much issue with that.

Andytrenom said:
Renders are good. Maybe a different pose would have been better for Bat Monolith, but I won't take much issue with that.
There's an alternate shot of Bat Monolith that shows him in full body, at an angle, but Skalt prefers the other pose. Also, Skalt was able to find a higher quality
BatMonolithAngledFullBodyShot
source than what I used for this picture, so you might wish to look into that.
Also, used Skalt's most new render of Equinox to replace the old image. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Equinox_(Batman:_The_Brave_and_the_Bold)

What makes you so sure on Dr. Fate's #7? Equinox's #3. makes sense.

As for Equinox's #4, though, just to be sure....

It's NOT any kind of Immortality to get your body completely destroyed, then go around doing stuff like absoring people & travelling dimensions?

That's just being Non-Corporeal?

Nonetheless, thanks a ton for your input! :D

Dr. Fate #7: He is supposed to be merged with Bat-Monolith, so if he ever needs to project his body to outside, he will use Astral Projection.

Equinox #4: Yeah, that's supposed to be Non-Corporeal. The ability to keep your consciousness without a physical body.

Makes sense. Thanks! (Although, not sure if your approval is enough, no offense. Maybe I should get a DC Comics knowledgeable member to verify it's fine? Is your status as Content Moderator sufficient? And I guess you have seen some of the show, but....)

EDIT: Wait. But Bat-Monolith got the "powers and skills" of the heroes. Why would he be FUSED with Dr. Fate?

Are you saying it's some kind of package deal where getting the powers/skills of Dr. Fate also involves getting the spirit in Dr. Fate's helmet, and that spirit was what was astrally projecting or something?

Get some knowledgeable members and a Discussion Moderator for verification. My status is probably not big enough to make my approval covered with blessing sufficient.

Ummm. I've only seen some fragments when I was watching the video to render characters.

My previous Dr. Fate #7 argument can be considered to be invalid.

However, I will still support the Astral Projection addition as Dr. Fate DID appear as a semi-transparent projection. This kind of projection is most commonly used as an astral one.
Batman (T.B.A.T.B) - S01 E24 - The Fate Of Equinox (720p Web-DL)

So, Dr. Fate can use Astral Projection, even while Bat-Monolith is borrowing his powers & skills, or Dr. Fate kept it for himself? PIS? I mean, I'm fine with whatever it is. And if it's some other power, what is it?

Probably a plot-induced stupidity (PIS). This note may have some input from you, guys :/

@Crabwhale: Thanks a ton! I suppose they should be added, then.

Although, folks, I'm a bit concerned about Equinox-Prime's AP. Should we rate him as 3-A in that key?

Besides the many times where it was stated he planned to destroy the universe, & this quote of his, from when when hee was told that destroying the universe doesn't seem like an act of balance: "Winding time back... Giving the cosmos a new start... A universe reborn in harmony. Batman... Only a being in perfect balance could even attempt what I do now."

The implied feat of "Giving the cosmos a new start" aside, the issue is we never see him succeed in destroying the universe. He charges an attack (looks like a red orb) before Bat-Monolith starts fighting... and near the end of the fight, the charged attack goes away, reappears, larger than before.

Little is said about what he's charging, but the implication seems to be it's what he'd use to destroy the universe. Except Equinox ultimately got hit into said attack, & destroyed/fragmented into the 12 aspects of himself.

So he needed charge-up time to reach 3-A power, even as Equinox-Prime, we never saw if he got ENOUGH power, and what he did charge up was enough to destroy him, or at least break him up into 12 pieces that got scattered across time and space.

How should that be rated?

Imaginym said:
Like one of them being a story where Batman teams up with the Scooby Gang.
Real quick, but like, Batman teams up a lot with the Scooby Gang, who, by the way, has their own 5th dimensional imp called Scooby-mite

Imaginym said:
@Crabwhale: Thanks a ton! I suppose they should be added, then.

Although, folks, I'm a bit concerned about Equinox-Prime's AP. Should we rate him as 3-A in that key?

*wall of text*
You can set an "Unknow, likely 3-A" rating for this if you wish so.

@Skalt711: Sorry about the Wall of Text. Would such a rating mean assuming baseline 3-A in contacts when it is supposed he is 3-A rather than Unknown? Or an unknown value within 3-A when it's supposed he is 3-A rather than Unknown? (Sorry if that's confusing.)

@CursedGentleman: Fascinating! What media does it appear in? Any connection to BatB, given that, like Young Justice, Teen Titans, Green Lantern The Animated Series, DC Superhero Girls, etc. it's not part of the DC Animated Universe. I mean, it IS genuinely interesting to me, but....

Imaginym said:
@CursedGentleman: Fascinating! What media does it appear in? Any connection to BatB, given that, like Young Justice, Teen Titans, Green Lantern The Animated Series, DC Superhero Girls, etc. it's not part of the DC Animated Universe.
Scooby Doo Team ups, Scooby-mite and Bat-mite squabble over who's cooler, also, Larry from Teen Titans (Robin's own fifth dimensional imp) also appears at the end of the issue.

Back