• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equinox (And other Batman: The Brave and the Bold) Profiles?

I lost my work on this first time around. Angry, a bit hasty. Ahem. (Using DC Comics topic because Batman: Brave and the Bold & other shows aren't part of the "DC Animated Universe" unless Bruce Timms was involved.)

Did you know about Batman: Brave and the Bold? It finished in late 2011 (Nearly 8 years ago), & this wacky, Silver Age Supehero send-off show boasted an original character who was likely Universal in power!

"The lords of order and chaos chose an infant to wield both magics, acting as their mediator. His eternal duty was to ensure that the two forces remained equal by tipping the balance back should one force grow to strong. However this was an enormous burden to bare, he grew tired of the impossible task he had been given and set out to keep the balance in his own way.

His ability to manipulate the two magical forces of order and chaos allows him to bend the fabric of reality itself, but not on a massive scale. He can also manipulate probability, while making his influence seem coincidental. His powers would later be enhance upon his death, as now his spirit can use the full extent of the powers of Order and Chaos. His increased powers being strong enough to absorb all the powers of the lords of chaos and order, becoming god like."

That is the story of Equinox before the series began.

To help keep things concise, here's a Respect Thread for him I found:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180713164333/http://dbzf.co.uk/topic/8565232/1/

Statistics:

Wall Level, likely higher:
Superior to Batman (Batman: Brave and the Bold). Easily dodged Batman, & struck him strongly enough to launch Batman across a room (See image below), & crack the pillar Batman impacted with. Survived falling off a building. Can easily lift & hold Batman by the neck, despite Batman's fighting the restraining. Off-screen, he restrained Gorilla Grodd & The Question.
PunchesBatmanHalfwayAcrossARoom2
Likely should have other keys, for when he absorbed the power of the Lords of Order & Chaos, as well as his giant form(s).

Here's the result of an attack one of his stronger forms deflected:
DeflectsThisPowerfulAttack3
Notably, he survived energy he intended to use to remake/destroy the universe as 12 fragments that were scattered across Time and Space, the one we observe going on to experience atmospheric re-entry.

Also, keys for the fragment of his mind embodying his Hate, the robots said fragment built that that piece of his mind controlled & said fragment possessing a giant robot body.

Range: Standard melee range usually, likely at least a few meters with powers & abilities, unknown via Teleportation.

Intelligence: Should be reasonably intelligent, given he was chosen as a mediator for Order & Chaos, & regularly contends with Batman. However, he is insane, using his power to seek "balance" in a deranged, perhaps biased way.

Stamina: I'm not sure if we see Equinox strain himself.

Powers & Abilities he displays (Some only shown in higher keys.):

Probability Manipulation: Able to make events occur that seemingly look like random events, including: Making Batman's Batarang misfire, causing a metal, building-side ladder to dislodge & fall over, making a tree branch fall in the path of an attacking Batman.

Deconstruction: Turned Batarangs to dust.

Heat Manipulation/Transmutation: Melted Batman's iron knuckles.

'Healing, possibly Radiation Manipulation, likely Resistance to Radiation, Teleportation': Healed Batman of damage from radiation, & didn't seem affected, despite being in a nuclear power plant with an out of control nuclear reactor. Teleported out of the nuclear power plant.

Transmutation/Life Manipulation: Turned a Batarang into a bat. Animated statues. One of the robots he made & controlled was also able to animate a giant, Roman statue.

Life Manipulation/Resurrection: Resurrected prehistoric animals across every planet in the universe.

Power Bestowal: The statues he animated were able to fly. (Unrelatedly, these statues also easily broke through the ceiling of a pyramid, & tanked Batman's explosives.)

Absorption, limited Energy Manipulation: Absorbed an attack from Dr. Fate, then used it to attack Dr. Fate. Later absorbed the power of The Lords of Order & The Lords of Chaos.

Possession/Hacking: The one of his 12 fragments embodying his Mind that we observe, his Hate, possesses a computer. He uses it to create an army of robots, which his mind (Well, fragment of it.) can control, even while they are in different points of time. Said robots also show flight.

Limited Time Travel: His fragment embodying his hate uses the machine he possesses to open time portals to the past, which he sends his robots through.

Fusionism(?): Combined several of the robots he controled into one much larger version of the robot design, then possesses it to fight.

Spaceflight: Fights in space.

Self-Sustenance(At least Type 1): Doesn't appear to need to breathe while fighting in space.

Likely Immortality(Types 1, 2 & 6 Longevity/Eternal Life, Resilient & Parasitic Immortality): I'm not sure if his age is made clear. Given he was chosen to mediate Order & Chaos by The Lords of Order & Chaos, & had enough time to go mad, however, I'd assume he's very old. He was chosen as an infant, though, so maybe he's around a regular adult human's age??

He was sent into the energy he intended to use to destroy the Universe. This broke him into 12 pieces, each embodying an aspect of his mind, which were scattered across Time & Space. Hence, Immortality Type 2.

His piece embodying his hate possessed a machine, so I'd assume that's Type 6.

Power/Ability I'm unclear on: In the episode "When OMAC Attacks!" he appears to Batman while other characters are fighting in the same room. He and Batman debate for about a minute, entirely uninterrupted. Telepathy? Time Manipulation? Perception Manipulation? Plot-Induced Stupidity? I really don't know. Input would be appreciated.

@Andytrenom: I'd be happy to use this thread as a general purpose discussion thread for Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Anyway, yay! Sounds like it's reasonable to make a profile for Equinox! I'll get to that!

Incidentally, how do we handle stuff that pretty much recreates the events of comics cover pages? Because there's an episode featuring Superman that references many of the covers a "Superdickery" series called out. (And yes, Batman & Superman fight.)

What about Bat-Mite? (Yes, he has a comics profile, but still.) He's a 5th Dimensional Being like Mxy who appears in a few episodes, & he owns several comic books, almost all of which contain Batman storylines. I forget if his comics are ones that depict actual realities that are lower dimensional to him, or if they're just framing devices for the sketches & story the episode focuses on.

Like one of them being a story where Batman teams up with the Scooby Gang.

Bat-Mite at one point also accidentally gives his powers to The Joker, creating Emperor Joker, who, IIRC, easily destroyed the universe. (Not that that's impressive with 5th dimensional power & reality warping, I assume.)

Other reoccuring characters include Aquaman, Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes), Fire & Ice, Booster Gold, Martian Manhunter & probably some villains & more.

Teen Titans got a 'verse & a fair few profiles. I think this could do likewise!

What feats give Batman 9-B AP btw? He certainly has wall level durability at least but I can't actually remember AP feats at that level (putting aside equipment)

Equinox being 3-A after absorbing the Lords is perfectly fine btw

@Andytrenom: 3-A sounds reasonable, but I'm not always that smart. What would make Equinox's case 3-A as opposed to High 3-A or Low 2-C?

Well, I'm approximating, but shouldn't punching grown men across rooms & more be 9-B?

Also, I recalled a basis for another key for this Batman: On Zur-En-Arrh, where he practically much has Superman's powers & abilities, including getting power from the local sun, differently named/coloured weakness rock & such aside.

The batmobile robot and Batman with the power of the other heroes deserve keys, since the first is a recurring thing and the second is very plot relevant

I also want to see a key for when he becomes full on bat with the Totem, just because I want to see the ship feat calced lol. Also it scales to transformed Bronze Tiger

@Andytrenom: Lol, that'll be fun. Didn't Batmobile mech fight Mogul, too?

Anyway, I made the Equinox profile. I'm not very good/experienced at making profiles, so it probably needs cleanup/revising, & research & justifications. (Forgot the AP justifications for one.)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Equinox_(Batman:_The_Brave_and_the_Bold)

If anyone can find a full body shot of him to use for the image, that'd be better. Not sure about using a mugshot from the show. Resurrection was excluded because I forget which key that was for & I think there was some screwey stuff involving him bringing back the dinosaurs.

@Imaginym

I deleted the page as it appears to be of low quality. Please, take more effort to improve the page's quality. Don't forget to use your sandbox.

[[File:placeholder|right|400px]]

==Summary==
Equinox is a character from the animated series Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Often assumed to be based on the DC Comics character Libra, Equinox was granted power as an infant by The Lords of Order & The Lords of Chaos, intended to preserve balance. However, he grew mad over the strain of his duties, & began seeking out his own vendettas, in pursuit of a twisted sense of "balance"....
==Powers and Stats==
'''[[Tiering System|Tier]]: At Least 9-B | 3-A'''

'''Name: '''Mediator of Order and Chaos

'''Origin: '''Batman: The Brave and the Bold

'''Gender: '''Male

'''Age: '''Unknown

'''Classification: '''Magic-using human

'''Powers and Abilities:''' [[Superhuman Physical Characteristics]], [[Probability Manipulation|Probability Manipulation ]](Manipulated events to occur, such as a Batarang failing, a ladder coming loose & falling backwards, & a tree branch landing in Batman's path.) [[Deconstruction|Deconstruction ]](Disintegrated Batarangs), [[Healing]], possibly [[Radiation Manipulation|Radiation Manipulation ]](Healed Batman of damage from their fight & radiation from an out of control nuclear reactor.), possibly resistance to Radiation, [[Teleportation|Teleportation ]](Was shown teleporting out of a nuclear power plant.), possibly [[Transmutation]] &/or [[Life Manipulation]] (Turned a Batarang into a bat.), [[Power Bestowal|Power Bestowal ]](Statues he animated were able to fly.), [[Absorption]], Limited [[Energy Manipulation]](Absorbed & fired back an attack from Doctor Strange.), Likely [[Immortality]] (Type 1) (Given he was chosen to mediate Order and Chaos by The Lords of Chaos, he may have been assigned to it very long ago.) | Same as before, as well as [[Immortality]] (Types 2 & 6), [[Possession]], & [[Technology Manipulation]]. (When sent into an attack meant to destroy the universe, he was fragmented into 12 pieces, each embodying an aspect of his mind, all of which were scattered across time & space. Of the one shown, it endured atmospheric re-entry & took control of a machine, making robots & time portals.)

'''[[Attack Potency]]: At Least 9-B '''(Struck Batman hard enough to launch him across a room & crack a pillar with the impact.) | 3-A (After absorbing the power of The Lords of Order & The Lords of Chaos, he planned to destroy & remake the universe.)

'''[[Speed]]:''' '''At Least Athletic Human'''

'''[[Lifting Strength]]: Unknown'''

'''[[Striking Strength]]: At Least 9-B | 3-A'''

'''[[Durability]]: At Least 9-B | Possibly 3-A'''

'''[[Stamina]]: Unknown''' (Equinox was not shown to exhaust himself.)

'''[[Range]]: '''Standard melee range. At least a few meters with some powers. Unknown with Teleportation

'''[[Standard Equipment]]: '''None notable

'''[[Intelligence]]:''' At least Above Average (Should be knowledgeable about many things of mystical nature, given he was raised to mediate the forces of Order & Chaos. However, he is rather insane, & zealously seeks "balance", in ways such as murdering both a hero & a villain at once.)

'''Weaknesses:''' Zealously seeks "balance" in all things, & may help his opponent in the interest of this.

'''Notable Attacks/Techniques:'''

==Others==
'''Notable Victories:'''

'''Notable Losses:'''

'''Inconclusive Matches:'''

@Skalt711: My apologies. I'm inexperienced making profiles for characters. How could I have improved the profile?

Apply bold on the matches section and replace 3-A with Universe level on the dura and AP section. Also add the image for Equinox.

@Steven Pogi Paitao: The image? I mean, it's difficult to find a full body image of him. If I were to grab one on short notice, this from Google Images seems if nothing else, imposing:
Equinox
If not, I'd have to comb through episodes for good shots of him.

Edited my Sandbox with the other changes. Anything else before it's acceptable to publish it as a profile? I'm planning to put in links for each power & ability where applicable, in the P&A section.

@Andytrenom: Yeah, a better shot might do him justice.

My internet has been rather stupid lately. It cuts out for several minutes at a time, & currently I'm a bit distracted. I can look, but it'd be faster with help.

Equinox appears in the Teaser for the episode "Mystery of the Demon!", & in the Main Plot of the episodes "When OMAC Attacks!", "The Fate of Equinox!" and "Time Out for Vengeance!". It may be possible to find a good image for his profile in one of those episodes.

@Yobo Blue: That's good to know! If you're knowledgeable about the contents of those comics, I'd love your help with this!

Nah, you can still replace the image regardless if published or not.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Equinox_(Batman:_The_Brave_and_the_Bold)

Published. Hopefully it is of sufficient quality so as not to be deleted now. Or at least, if it's lacking in quality, it can simply be designated as needing to receive clean-up rather than being deleted with no initially stated reason.

Anyway, I'm interested in continuing work on the The Brave and the Bold 'verse & other characters from it.

Andytrenom, Js250476, Spino, Cal, & anyone else invested in this: Should a new thread be made for discussion of the work on the 'verse & its characters?

You know you are still supposed to add an image right? Even if it's going to be replaced in the future.

You're also supposed to link powers and abilities

Imaginym said:
Andytrenom, Js250476, Spino, Cal, & anyone else invested in this: Should a new thread be made for discussion of the work on the 'verse & its characters?
I think this one is fine

Andytrenom said:
You know you are still supposed to add an image right? Even if it's going to be replaced in the future.
You're also supposed to link powers and abilities
@Andy: Crud. Should I use the one I posted above until a better image is found? I'd have to get around to finding an image to use in the episodes, assuming you don't have the time to scour them. I'll get right on linking P&A.

Done. Lemme get to the Keys. Thinking on it, he might need to be split into 3 Keys, not 2.

Base: His normal form.

Equinox-Prime: This is the 3-A form. From what I've read & my foggy memory, Equinox-Prime is what he calls himself after absorbing the powers of The Lords of Order & Chaos. (May need to be checked by reviewing episode. Episode: "The Fate of Equinox!")

Piece embodying Equinox's Hate: After he is beaten as Equinox Prime, he's separated into 12 pieces, & this is the one that experienced atmospheric re-entry, possessed a machine & made an army of time travelling robots to kill all Batmen (The "Batman Revenge Squad") & is the only piece that gets literally any attention at all.

Okay, edited in Keys. Sorry about my shoddy work. This is why I don't make profiles very often. (Maybe I should more for practice. In a sandbox, likely.)

Well, the image as is can't be used, since those monsters near him are statues he animated & only appeared once. Not sure if one time minions belong in the image.

But finding a larger version shouldn't be too hard.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6nfgf8 The shot happens at 4:59.

Unfortunately, the highest quality supported for that video is 480p. Here's a full-screen shot on 480p quality I took:
Equinox480p
Unfortunately, it looks like it's a lower quality image compared to what you found.

@Skalt711: The issue seems to be that TacticalNuke002's image is only available in 300x300, which I'm assuming may not be large enough, & my image is only available in 480p, which means it may be of a lower quality, perhaps too much so.

Nothing is impossible for me to upscale the quality :>

I know one tool that allows you to upscale the images with the cartoon and anime art.

Back