• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal Stats Tournament Match 1. Batman vs Saitama

He resists things like shockwave stuff, which Batman also has (even has instant kill variants that he modified to be non-lethal), which is why I didn't mention that. Though, to be fair, his "resistance" is moreso "Saitama is so tough that the low 5-B dude doing a shockwave attack didnt do shit", who knows what would happen if a comparable foe did it.

Nerve strikes? Especially coming from Batman? No such thing.
I mean he shrugged off attacks from Cosmic Garou who at that point has like 4 or 5 different dura neg techniques and the most they did was rip off his clothes.

Idk, I don't like skill discussions so I might just sit this one out.

I mean he shrugged off attacks from Cosmic Garou who at that point has like 4 or 5 different dura neg techniques and the most they did was rip off his clothes.

Idk, I don't like skill discussions so I might just sit this one out.
Yeah, the shockwave internal attack stuff, Batman has that too but I didn't mention it because that argument for Saitama is fair at least.

Saitama doesn't have a feat of resisting a nerve strike tho that'll leave him a cripple for a week or whatever.

Yeah, the shockwave internal attack stuff, Batman has that too but I didn't mention it because that argument for Saitama is fair at least.

Saitama doesn't have a feat of resisting a nerve strike tho that'll leave him a cripple for a week or whatever.
Well Garou is stated to use pressure points/nerve strikes and you can see him using something akin to them here and I think it's a fair assumption to say he used them on Saitama when he became Cosmic Garou and they didn't end up doing much.

But other than that, idk. This seems like an incap battle and I don't think Saitama will use time travel just because he got beaten up.

Did he though? We don't see him doing anything even remotely close to one against Saitama, he mostly spammed hard punches.

Also as mentioned Batman knows every pressure point and nerve strike.

And can scan Saitama to check which would work.

(And that's a low 5-B Garou fighting a 4-A, of course it wouldn't work. This is stats equal tho according to OP,).

4-A Garou did use every martial technique bar Fa Jin against Saitama tho.

The pressure strikes are also described as part of WSRSF martial art and he doesn't shout them out or anything in special, like in the Tanktop master fight, but other than the puri puri fight it pretty much just makes the opponent tir out quickly rather than your average karate movie instant paralysis.

I'm really not seeing that. Maybe he tried and he just got countered or maybe he just didn't consider them as part of his funny anime moves.
Because Every single attack he landed on Saitama was just a straight up punch, kick or chop, or hax.
It's not like he struck Saitama in a the Vestibulocochlear nerve or whatever.
Does Garou even know many nerve strikes to begin with?

despite being an shockwave dura negating attack, garou's whirlwind iron cutting fist couldn't draw blood from or really damage saitama noticeably at all, so I find it hard to imagine that there's even a pressure point dura neg that could do much despite the equal stats
but it is a discussion that needs to be had nonetheless

despite being an shockwave dura negating attack, garou's whirlwind iron cutting fist couldn't draw blood from or really damage saitama noticeably at all, so I find it hard to imagine that there's even a pressure point dura neg that could do much despite the equal stats
but it is a discussion that needs to be had nonetheless
A shockwave attack is not the same as nerve strike. At all.
Even remotely.

Also that is literally just because Saitama's internals are extremely sturdy too, it doesn't mean striking a nerve and shutting it off is something he's immune to.

A shockwave attack is not the same as nerve strike. At all.
Even remotely.

Also that is literally just because Saitama's internals are extremely sturdy too, it doesn't mean striking a nerve and shutting it off is something he's immune to.
well it's more so the fact that, it being an internal shockwave and all, it would have to be hitting the nerves in question at least a little so I am just skeptical about it is all

By that logic a normal punch is a nerve strike because when you punch there's a little bit of force that passes through your body so it probably hit a nerve.

By that logic a normal punch is a nerve strike because when you punch there's a little bit of force that passes through your body so it probably hit a nerve.
well no, the shockwave wouldn't be nearly strong enough to even begin doing anything like that
but WICF is entirely shockwave based, and internally damages people with comparable AP to garou with said shockwave
the shockwave from other attacks is just a side affect, while garou's shockwave in itself is used as the attack, which means it theoretically might be hitting these nerves with 4-A force

Isn't skill in OPM something that doesn't even make sense? Shit like nuclear fission and Quantum Manipulation are trated as martial arts

the best non cosmic skill feat in the verse is probably orochi copying garou's whole ass fighting style just by looking at his stance
that shit's so crazy

Batman's skills are a bit inconsistent ngl. Often he literally has trouble fighting a gang of useless people but then proves to be able to defeat all his villains at the same time as well defeating a trained superhuman that was born to kill after being poisoned, tortured and not eating for days to weeks
All of the above in the same comic

well no, the shockwave wouldn't be nearly strong enough to even begin doing anything like that
but WICF is entirely shockwave based, and internally damages people with comparable AP to garou with said shockwave
the shockwave from other attacks is just a side affect, while garou's shockwave in itself is used as the attack, which means it theoretically might be hitting these nerves with 4-A force
I was calling your argument sus bro.
There's a difference between a shockwave briefly, MAYBE, interacting with something, and a pinpoint strike designed to focus, and strike it in such a way it has very detrimental effects.

Your arguments about force I also don't quite like, it implies Saitama doesn't resist anything and instead he's just so sturdy that the pressure doesn't matter. That falls apart on equal footing.

In stats equal that won't cut it given Batman can nerve strike dudes far, far, above his pay grade.
Isn't skill in OPM something that doesn't even make sense? Shit like nuclear fission and Quantum Manipulation are trated as martial arts
That's what we call anime skill and is more hax than actual martial prowess.

Batman throttles here, he not only skillfucks but having every item beyond two minor things also lets him flat out hax stomp.

Batman's skills are a bit inconsistent ngl. Often he literally has trouble fighting a gang of useless people but then proves to be able to defeat all his villains at the same time as well defeating a trained superhuman that was born to kill after being poisoned, tortured and not eating for days to weeks
All of the above in the same comic
Batman consistently absolutely manhandles useless thugs. It's his most common feat, something I can say pretty confidently as I read all of vol 2 and 3 just last month 🗿

I was calling your argument sus bro.
There's a difference between a shockwave briefly, MAYBE, interacting with something, and a pinpoint strike designed to focus, and strike it in such a way it has very detrimental effects.

Your arguments about force I also don't quite like, it implies Saitama doesn't resist anything and instead he's just so sturdy that the pressure doesn't matter. That falls apart on equal footing.

In stats equal that won't cut it given Batman can nerve strike dudes far, far, above his pay grade.
you would seem to be correct there
as for the actual affects of these nerve strikes, just how potent are they? Judging by how you describe them it seems like it's just a gg one shot shut down his body type thing, but if it's anything less, then I imagine saitama's pseudo-infinite stamina/willpower along with AD could potentially just let him get past that

you would seem to be correct there
as for the actual affects of these nerve strikes, just how potent are they? Judging by how you describe them it seems like it's just a gg one shot shut down his body type thing, but if it's anything less, then I imagine saitama's pseudo-infinite stamina/willpower along with AD could potentially just let him get past that
My brother in Christ, Batman knows all of them. (He also knows every martial arts, is an expert in every armed combat, and has been stated to be a master in every violent art known to man).
But commonly, bodily paralysis or sleep (or unimaginable burning pain or blindness) or loss of consciousness. Are a few off the top of my head. I could post some later when I get home, alternatively you could go to the mega respect thread, they have a few listed.
(Hell Batman could literally kill Saitama with one touch if that didn't go against everything he stands for).

Back