• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Epic Persona 5 Revisions (Formerly known as Yaldy (Personaugh) revisions (Mostly hax))

I mean Yaldy has some pretty good healing by himself anyway, plus effectively limitless stamina. So theoretically, as long as he doesn't die, he can still heal himself up fairly quickly. So it's effectively Low-Godly 'regen', just not automatic, and it'll take Multiversal mindhax or power null to get him to stop.

Solacis said:
Then it should be either Regenerationn (Up to Low-Godly over time.) or Healing with the same justification.

His Abstract Existence also plays into this, since he is using the collective conscious (I can never spell that word.) to heal any damage and make himself nigh-unkillable.

The CU is what gives him Type 8. His healing is his own. Mementos is what gives him regen through the veins.

So one of the Mementos dialogues reveals that Morgana taught all the Phantom Thieves martial arts. He comments on how the PTs had gotten notably skilled since they've started.

Video link. It starts at 0:59.

SinsofMan said:
I am unsure regarding this point, I think that would be best saved for another CRT.

I am not opposed and I am aware that Persona does have a shared cosmology + verse. But I want to wait for the blog and another crt before we tackle that point.

Just stick to Persona 5 for now, although mostly everything seems done and dusted.
We already scale the other attendants above Lavenza so the CRT would actually need to be made in order to not scale them.

So I just realized we didn't have a Morgana profile yet. So I went ahead and made one.

What do you all think?

Edit: I gave Morgana resistance to perception manip, since he (and all the other Confidants) could see through Yaldy making everyone think the Qlipoth World was perfectly normal (should also give that to Yaldy). I also separated his P&A into the different keys since he doesn't get Mercurius until late-game.

Though the same should be done for the rest of the PTs since they didn't gain resistance to Yaldy's various hax until late-game.

Edit #2: I have Ren conceptual manip via Sinful Shell being made of the Seven Deadly Sins, which we've agreed is a feat of type 4 concept manip in Yaldy's case. Just a heads up.

From what I can gather, Sera EX, Dragonmasterxyz, Edwellken, Sins of Man and (I think) LukaSolosYourVerse are in agreement, so it should be fine unless Matthew Schroeder comes back and wants to puts his own two cents in.

Changes can be implemented, I believe.

Yes, the changes can be implemented. All of them. And then I think we can close this thread. (Although I do wanna discuss cross verse scaling regarding Persona and other spinoffs in another thread.)

Ok so

• Low 2-C PTs and Twins
  • Low Godly regen for Yaldy
  • Fusing cognition and reality being added to Yaldy's justifications
  • A 4-A key for the PTs from around Shido's Palace
  • Type 4 concept manip and type 2 abstract for Yaldy
  • Abstract-killing and immortality-negating sinful shell
Are all the things we all want added by the end of this thread, correct?

I was fine with Low-Godly before, either as healing or Regen. I think however Regen is slightly more accurate though.

Aside from that, Fusionism, type 4 concept manip and type 2 abstract have already been added to Yaldy's profile. Same for abstract-killing and immortality negation for Ren. The rest needs to be added, yeah. So more like:

• Low 2-C PTs
  • Low 2-C Twins
  • 4-A key for the PTs from around Shido's Palace (probs name it "Late Game")

Solacis said:
Aside from that, Fusionism, type 4 concept manip and type 2 abstract have already been added to Yaldy's profile. Same for abstract-killing and immortality negation for Ren. The rest needs to be added, yeah. So more like:
I could be blind, but I dont see the ability to kill abstracts and null immortality on Ren's profile. I just see Conceptual Manipulation regarding Sinful Shell.

There's no ability for Immortality Negation afaik, so I just added it to Sinful Shell's description under Notable Attacks

Yobo Blue said:
Didn't REN just turn public opinion against Yaldabaoth? That isn't regen Negation.
No one argued for Regen negation iirc. However Ren did kill his abstract true form. But yeah I noticed @Solacis My bad, should be fine then.

If anyone wants a reference for the formatting for updating the Phantom Thieves' profiles, just refer to the Morgana profile I made. Right now the other PT profiles look pretty messy, particularly Akechi's.

That said, if anyone finds something wrong with the Morgana profile, please let me know what it was. I'm going to be doing some cleaning up in the profiles while I'm at it.

Solacis said:
  • Low 2-C PTs
  • Low 2-C Twins
  • 4-A key for the PTs from around Shido's Palace (probs name it "Late Game")
Should probably also add:

• PTs get Superhuman Charisma via assisting with Shadow Negotiation.
  • PTs get Resistance to Existence Erasure, Mind Manipulation, Perception Manipulation, Reality Warping, and Conceptual Manipulation (Type 4) for their End Game Keys. Reality Warping because that's the basis for practically all of Yaldy's hax, including the Existence Erasure and Perception Manipulation, and if the PTs resists those, they resists Reality Warping.

Wasn't Q2 deemed non-canon?

Also, while updating Ryuji's profile I just realized that his shotgun has the effective range of a modern sniper rifle.

Solacis said:
Wasn't Q2 deemed non-canon?
Also, while updating Ryuji's profile I just realized that his shotgun has the effective range of a modern sniper rifle.
No. I gave all the needed evidence to matt in my own Yald 2-c thread and he bowed out of discussion. The evidence is not only a statement from a US Atlas rep , but also a timeline from the official persona magazine which makes the spin off games canon and gives an official timeline detailing yu's adventures as I have previously claimed. Add in to boot the in story justifications taken by the storyboarders to make sense of the encounter (whiping the casts memory, as why else would they bother if it wasn't an attempt to have the encounter make sense with the mainline games) and it's as canon as it gets. There are also several statements/descriptions confirming the people in the spin off games are those form the mainline games.

Can you link the statement from the Atlus rep? That and the official persona magazine scans/translation?

That's just for PQ1, technically. PQ2 was made with a new producer (or was it director?) which is why there were supposedly statements going around that it wasn't going to be canon, unlike PQ1.

That said, I can't find any of these so-called statements, so I guesss I'll just go with PQ2 being canon.

Cronos is not from PQ2.

It also makes no sense for PQ2 to not be canon. It follows the same structure as PQ (happening at the time of the festival), also features memory whipes as a means of having the cross story encounters making sense, and I believe Minato and Yu also have a moment along the lines of vaguely remembering each others presence, which is a direct callback to the events of PQ.

Back