• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaltias

VS Battles
Retired
To be approved:

Other useful skills are Giga Drill (peculiar of Matt and Lance, it does more damage to the opponent if its defense is buffed)

Approved:

Immortality 1,3 for Akron and High-Mid regen.

Resistance to Space-Time Manipulation for Akron and the players.

Resistance to Soul Manipulation for the players.

Various Elemental resistances for Akron and the players, as well as resistance to death manipulation, to status effect inducements, Magic Negation and Statistics Amplification Negation (because of resistance to Dispel and Syphon).

Death Manipulation and Information Analysis for the players.

Status effect inducements for everyone.

Low tier Power Mimicry for Anna.

BH2 gives flight to the players.

Resurrection/Life Manipulation for Anna and Natz. Angel Pin extend it to Matt and Lance (those two can't resurrect others though)

Dispel is Negation of Statistics Amplification.

Syphon is Anti-Magic Negation.

I haven't inserted Absolute Zero because we don't know if it actually reach the absolute zero or is just a name that sounds cool. The page about that says that it should specify 0K or -273,15 C┬░ and that it must come from a reliable source.

Anna did defined it as "the coldest temperature there is" but she isn't exactly a scientist

@Utenok

If you think I forgot something feel free to point it out, any help is appreciated

what about the boss Glitch? as far as I remember it is capable of a 1 hit kill player, and is immune to almost everything. can create a profile?

I don't know how profiles creation works. You can probably ask it to an admin in chat or here if one of them finds this thread.

But I don't really think that the Glitch is a good candidate for a profile, it would probably end up with all the stats at "Unknown" and "Absorption, summoning" as powers

I have no idea. Usually cheats aren't allowed, but in BH2 you can buy those from the shop, so I don't know if they count as canon abilities

Type 4 Immortality doesn't work like that, I'm afraid. It only works if Godhood grants the user some extra form of immortality (Example: Tawiscara was literally unable to be killed by other Gods due to his godhood). Akron was slain by Matt and Co, so he doesn't qualify.

I think Akron would qualify for at least Mid-High to High Regen.

I agree with adding Flight for obvious reasons. I think most characters would gain a degree of Vehicular Mastery for being able to pilot their respective devices as well.

Most "One Shotting" and "Elemental Immunity" are generally considered to be NLF/Gameplay Mechanics, but I think Resistance to those Elements should be okay. I think some of the one shots should be considered durability ignoring though.

I say "Most" because if I recall, Natalie and others have a few Death Manipulation skills. Reviving dead party members would could as both Resurrection and Life Manipulation if I recall. Matt has a few Life Manipulation skills anyway.

Maybe Akron's immortality should be type 3, because he can resurrect himself? I don't know.

With "one shot" I meant "inflicts Death status", Natz has Death Manipulation with the Death Scythe, with Black Hole, the combo "Revive+Sacrifice" and with Spectrum/Unleash if you give her the crossbone pin (substitute the weapon effect with Doom) the others have death manipulation if equipped with the Crossbone Pin, and with the skill Sawblades.

I agree with putting "resistant" instead of "immune".

Do you think that using energy wings qualify as "true flight"? As you should logically be able to replace them if destroyed.

How would you classify the "Regen" status? Low regen?

Also we should add resistance to black holes to everyone, and black holes manipulation to Akron.

For the avatars of Godcat the tier should be "Unknown. Likely Universe level" because she was super casual while fighting, while we could make a key for the mechas (scaled from the party at the time of EBF3)

From the page:

"Since saying that a characters durability is infinite is an outlier in any case surviving a singularity can not be taken as a durability feat. It can only be understood as a feat for resistance against black holes."

With "resistance against black holes" I meant the second part

Hmmm I think creating a Black Hole would require Space and Time Manipulation, but it will varied thanks to how it is created. Perhaps a link for the creation of the black hole will do.

@Utenok In that scan, it seems to act like a real life one as it is sucking them in and energy is being absorbed into it as well. Resistance to Space-Time Manipulation, it is.

Well, it depends on if the black hole othervise behaved like a real one.

If I remember correctly, Lance mentioned the fact that Akron's power condensed and exceeded the Schwarzschild radius, creating a black hole.

Screenshot 2017-03-30-15-17-14
@Utenok

Thank you for the help.

@Ant Hmmm true as I will need more scans as the characters surviving the black hole may get a resistance to black holes.

@Uten I will appreciate it if there are more scans as I am worried about how things can turn out as well.

@Utenok Well it look like it is confirmed, but I think it will be plot convenience for these guys being able to survive in a black hole. Hmm, resistance to Space-Time Manipulation may be the case here.

Considering that quote Lance has about space-time, I think "Resistance to Space Time Manipulation" is okay.

By the way, if they don't have it already, they should all have Resistance to Soul Manipulation for overpowering Akron tearing their Souls. Maybe Resistance to Void Manipulation as well since they survived the void.

Does anyone know how to categorize the ability to scan your enemies and learn some information about their combat abilities? Cause both the Scanbot and the "Scan" abilities do that

@Darkanine

I don't think so, the note specifies that IM is about hacking, not about gaining knowledge

@Kaltias That is incorrect as Information Manipulation will fit this case so Darkanine is correct on that matter... It doesn't even talk about hacking, but simply information as it is.

Edit: @Utenk That will simply be statistics amplification as it will be debuffs and buffs as well as status effect inducement.

"Manipulation of regular information - Manipulation of information as we know it, i.e. various forms of records (books, CDs, brains). It also includes some technological manipulation, as well as the specific magic."

I think Scanbot would fit into that category. Just a generally lesser degree.

I mean, the note at the end of the page says:

This ability is about "hacking" the programming language of reality, not about simply absorbing, sharing, and manipulating knowledge.

I would classify it as Information Manipulation myself, but the page says something different.

Perhaps we need a new "Information Analysis" powers & abilities page?

Sounds good. Information Manipulation seems a bit to tailored for a few specific franchises, so a more broader page for stuff like this seems like a good idea. I'll get to work on something like it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back