• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll make another thread for discussions on updates/changes after the page is posted.

Just my two cents, but if the reasoning to call Big Chill's feat "enviromental destruction" is "It's an outlier", i wouldn't list it as an example.

ED is more "This feat is legit but doesn't scale to other stats because there isn't enough evidence that it does".

Determining when a feat is enviromental destruction should be a separate issue compared to its consistency with the other showings of the character

That's fair. I'll edit that out and replace it with another example.

I also think that this seems to make sense, but it is an important change, so we preferably need input from other administrators and possibly bureaucrats.

@Weekly

Really? I seem to misremember then.

@Matthew

Well, as long as they are physical feats, it should be fine to scale from.

@Weekly

Okay. Noted.

Yeah, I'll re-iterate that this is only establishing a term that I've seen used on this wiki since I've started.

However, this might help bring to light feats that should be classified under it, as now we have a solid definition.

I'll add some more proposed examples, after that, should I post the page, or wait for more approval?

Yeah, I will give a heads up that the primary purpose of this thread is not necessarily intended to revise, or effect characters or verses who scale to storm feats; especially since a lot of characters, specifically just about every JRPG Protagonist and Final Boss, legit have other reasons why they scale to all physical statistics. The main purpose is simply to give clarification for characters like Unalaq, who is currently 7-B physically, and 6-A via environmental destruction.

In general, this seems like a pretty good idea.

@Weekly

Wait, I just watched the clip. The volcano erupts before the two of them start clashing their swords together. I'm confused as to why we're saying that them striking their swords together caused the earthquake that triggered said eruption.

This isn't the place to debate stats; if needed I can make a thread to discuss that, where we can then move to multiple CRT threads. Also, I will die before the day people take the bold STAFF ONLY seriously.

However, I'd like to focus on implementing this. Can I add the page, now? I believe I have approval from more than half of staff at this rate with only a few minor critiques I have addressed.

Do we know that's what happened, though? I'm a bit confused, because the clip shows the volcano erupting as the Black Samurai and Green Dragon charge each other in order to do battle, the their swords clash, which is what was said to have made "Heaven and Earth tremble".

It's just a bit weird, but I suppose this isn't the thread for that.

I'll post the page shortly.

I'm putting categories as "Terms" and "Calculations Instructions", the latter being there due to how this is important to the application of calcs.

I'll leave this open for a day, then close this if there are no other questions. I'll make a Q&A thread later where people can bring up concerns about feats possibly being environmental destruction.

I have added a link to the front page and under "Guidelines" in the wiki navigation bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back