• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
It's a term that's thrown around a lot on the wiki, and surprisingly we don't have a set definition of it, so I decided to make a draft for a page:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Dargoo_Faust/Environmental_Destruction

Note: This is not a content revision. While I think links to the page if it's published would be nice when it's applied, no page edits are necessary. This is just to inform users of what this is, and where/when we should invoke it. However, it might lead to some content revisions as people look over storm creation feats with a new light.

Please give feedback here or on the blog. Thank you.

NOTE: STAFF ONLY

Gargoyle One said:
We've needed this for a long time and I fully agree
Kudos
Well, the concept has existed on the site for a while. I feel like defining it is the main issue.

Do you guys think this is highlight worthy?

I don't think this is highlight worthy, detailing a useless ability that doesn't affect any profiles isn't required

That's my two cents on it, no offense intended

You should remove Alucard from the examples. That's been slated for removal for almost a year due to not being considered a proper ED feat.

His summons just traverse that large area and have control of it, they don't really flatten it completely.

I see no problem with this, plus it may help new members who think that ED = AP/Attack(though like you said it can sometimes).

An easy way to tell if it is or not:

If they only used the power over a wide area but never used the same power to harm a specific character/small scale, then it's more than likely Enviro Destruction. Also there just has to be good reason for applying it to other feats; if a character makes a storm with magic, you'd need to know if it's just a weather manip spell, or if it literally used a sort of magical energy that can be applied to other spells.

Well, if they can condense it into a direct attack, yes. If it's only over a massively large area, then no.

Well it comes from his bankai, which one of its affects surrond him in heat(same temp as the sun), he can use the flames/heat for offense/defense.

Ive been wondering this for a while, and I want to make sure

Lord Drakko has his environment destruction due to his Acausality shenanigans causing reality to nuke itself, but not directly from his powers. Is this proper ED?

I wouldn't really apply ED to stuff past weather/natural disasters and the like, as when you get to planetary-level destruction and above it gets really blurry.

Although ED on a cosmic scale would be like making the Sun go supernova with a power, but never demonstrating stuff that can scale it to AP.

Nice, I think I'll actually add that seeing as JoJo is one of the more popular verses.

Should we move this thread to the staff forum and then highlight it?

I think it would be nice to have more eyes on this.

If you feel like it should be highlighted, I'd be good with it.

My feelings on this are known and am wholly supportive. If more help is needed, I will gladly help.

I'm glad to see this be taken on a more case-by-case scenario.

Storm feats - in general - have never really sat right with me in some cases.

@Damage We've taken storm feats on a case by case scenario for months now, ever since Spino made that huge blog post about it.

I know. I'm just glad it's being given a bit more attention now, given that this thread has been created.

Shinnok used to have 6-C enviromental damage, but i removed it since it was not his feat but a chain reaction caused by the Jinsei upon being corrupted.

Would Ainz be a good example for this? His island level AP/Durability is based on him using a spell that alters the environment, I've had a problem with something like this for a while.

The blog looks like a good format for the Environmental destruction page, but as usual, it's still case by case scenario.

OpMasada said:
Would Ainz be a good example for this? His island level calc is based on him using a spell that alters the environment, I've had a problem with something like this for a while.
Depends on if his other spells are implied to have the same potency or not. If not then probably not, though I could look into it more if you like.

Mr. Bambu said:
OpMasada said:
Would Ainz be a good example for this? His island level calc is based on him using a spell that alters the environment, I've had a problem with something like this for a while.
Depends on if his other spells are implied to have the same potency or not. If not then probably not, though I could look into it more if you like.
It is in the same category as other spells- super tier magic, however the spell that ainz used is rather specific in that it's meant to alter the environment, and aside from WCIs, no other spell has shown to have the same potency.

EDIT: Srry didn't realize it was staff only.

If it's a storm conjuration spell that doesn't seem related to his other spells, it's probably enviro destruction.

However if due to the sheer power of an attack, or if his destructive spells can be reasoned to be similar, I'd say it scales.

Then, without knowing the specifics, I would imagine no, it wouldn't scale. I am not knowledgeable on Overlord so I can't be terribly specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back