• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Energy utilized by Electricity Powered Nuclear Fusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is based on the item called Fusor which is a nuclear fusion device that uses electrical fields to move ions for collision.

So I was doing a bit of calculation with how Fusors utilize Voltage for heating up ions to achieve nuclear fusion and this is what I found. I will be utilizing the Ohm's Law as well.

First we convert Electron-Volts (30000) or 30 KeV to that of Voltage with using an elementary charge as Coulombs (1.60217663e-19) during the process which 30000 Voltage.

We would need to find the Ohms from the Ohms meters of the material, in this case I will be using Tungsten 4.9e-8 Ohms meters which is suggested to be one of the preferred materials for Fusors.

For the Ohm's calculator, I will be using a length of .07 meters and the Cross Section Area = 0.0012566 m^2:

(4.9e-8 / .07 length) * 0.0012566^2 cross section area = 1.1053305e-12 Ohms

Then I will be finding the Amps from the KeV and the Ohms:

Amps = 30000 / 1.1053305e-12 = 2.7141203e+16 Amps

Then we shall find the number of Watts from multiplying Amps and Voltage which is:

814236090000000024576.00 Watts

Thoughts?

@DMUA @Psychomaster35 @Damage3245

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back