• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Enderman calc's measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
It does bother me how we treated the calc for the Enderman's current speed.

First of all, the maximum velocity of an arrow in-game is 100 m/s, higher than the 90 m/s we used in the calc.

Though, the distance used seemed a bit wrong as well. To put things into context: An Enderman can react to an arrow at point blank range, as it is JUST about to touch it (As a proof that it doesn't actually touch them, the arrow will still go on its path after the teleportation and will not be stopped). We cannot use pixel scaling due to how models and hitboxes work in-game. So instead we have to use the most likely distance for the reaction.

Currently, we use the "pixel" (which is 1/16th of a meter). However, it seems incorrect to me to use the pixel, as this is merely a visual cue. The usage of a full block (a meter) is even wronger to me, due to the distance being way too high.

I propose two alternatives. The game measures the placement of entities not just using a "block", but coordinates, which are fractions of said block (so a fraction of a meter). Horizontal coordinates have as their most basic unit 0.001 of a block (so 1 centimeter), while vertical coordinates have as their most basic unit 0.00001 of a block. As these measurements are directly linked to the position of entities (such as the Enderman or arrow.), these are probably the best to use. Here is the approximate speed that would result from each measurement if used for this calc. Of course, if we actually change our measurements, a calc would be needed for exact values.

A block = Subsonic.

A pixel = Supersonic+ (What we currently use).

A unit of horizontal coordinate = Massively Hypersonic.

A unit of vertical coordinate = Sub-Relativistic.

I would like people's opinion on what measurement we should use in this context.

(A bit off-topic, but we should update the new value to apply solely for combat speed and reaction speed)

Lol, just commented so I could receive notifications later.

I don't know about this. I've seen some other calcs about people dodging point-blank arrows, and the feats were all around Supersonic to Hypersonic tier, so I feel it is a bit unsafe to upgrade that feat to MHS or Sub-Relativistic, and to be a really big lowball to assume Subsonic speed.

If it were up to me, I'd pick the Supersonic speed.

That's because the arrows were just farther than in this case. We're talking centimeters and smaller here.

Well a video would hardly help, as I've said, Pixel Scaling is unreliable in this case but still. Wait a moment and I'll go get one.

I think the best option would be either to use what we currently use (Supersonic+), or go ahead and use horizontal coordinates, resulting in MHS speeds.

Endergif
To expand on what's going on: No matter how close or far your shoot the arrow, the Enderman will always teleport out of the way and dodge it. This can happens even at point blank, or in situations where aim-dodging is just impossible. Besides, it ALWAYS teleport right before the arrow hits it. So it isn't aimdodging.

Seems resonable. You can see in the gif that the Enderman dodges right when the arrow is out of the player's field of view

The problem is I dunno how to explain or I'm too n00b or Lazy. The video about TNT and Arrows (Damages) are possible in Survival but hard to make precise direction of projectiles. Anyway I'm just making this video attention to this vsbattle Oke!?

LOL: Antvasima <-> Antvenom

That's false. They can't. They teleport, yes, but they will be on fire aka they got hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back