• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Emilia (Re:Zero) VS Nami (One Piece)

ScarletFirefly

VS Battles
Retired
Cuz why not?

Emilia-ta: 3

Nami-swa: 1

- 8-A versions for both (Pre timeskip Nami and Emilia after gaining her powers)

- Speed is equalized

- Both combatants are fully willing to kill

- Battle location is the Forest of Death

- No prep and no knowledge on each other

The bets are open. Which of these lovely young ladies will win a fight to the death?

Render emilia re zero kara hajimeru isekai seika by ayane4-da3z8qm
Nami 01 by candycanecroft-d3ijya0

Right off the bat Emilia-tan gains a supporter. Will her advantage last for long? Place your bets now.

ScarletFirefly said:
Right off the bat Emilia-tan gains a supporter. Will her advantage last for long? Place your bets now.
You of course won't be doing this for the entire match-up. Right?

Burning Full Fingers said:
Emilia's page says she'll be frozen if she uses Absolute Zero so it'll actually be inconclusive if you want to use that.
Nah that's her suicude attack it's diffrent from the absolute zero she uses now.

Well emilia doesn't use absolute zero normally even after regaining her powers, unless i am missing something, arc 5 and 6 are mostly untranslated after all. In any case her ice abilities are too much for nami, nami only has city block level+ durability, while emilia is casually multi-city block level, she can instantly flash freeze the area, and create like giant ice towers, plus there is her ice brand arts: icicle line, where she covers the area in ice particles and makes all sorts of weapons instantly.

Should I use the current Nami? Her AP is likely higher so she can have a small advantage in that area.

Well she doesn't use it beacuse she is worried of hurting her friends,but she does have that ability.

It's more of an aoe thing though, if she uses it the whole area gets frozen, so she won't use it normally as her friends will get hurt, can she control it so she herself doesn't get frozen though? She did overcast her magic out of pure rage which is why she herself got frozen and that was when she was younger, so maybe she can control it to not hurt herself, if she uses it when no one but her enemy is around.

Well apprently she can control it at that power,while she loses control and freeze herself when overused. Plus this attack is together with puck so she has greater control while her suicide attack is on her own. And of course she might be able to control it now since back than it was purely rage and she was a kid.

Wait, are you getting the absolute zeros messed up? With puck before regaining her powers she can use absolute zero, it's her trump card cause she said if she uses it, no one will be left standing, queue episode 14 of the anime where subaru enters the basement and everyone is frozen and he shatters under his own weight.

Before when emilia was a child she used absolute zero as a result of overcasting her magic in pure rage, present emilia doesn't have puck so no absolute zero with him, but by herself she could do it as a suicide attack. She hasn't really used it in normal attacks presently from what i am aware of, though as i said arc 5 and 6 are mostly untranslated, and her fight in arc 5 with sirius isn't translated. But sirius uses fire so maybe that counter her freezing idk.

This version of emilia being used is 8-A but doesn't have that trump card.

^huh, haven't considered that. Anyway I should change my vote only on reasoning thou... Than I would go for Emilia for her ability with ice manipulation and well in general what celestial said.

Scarlet did you know she doesn't have that? Cause you should add it.

I didn't remmeber puck left that soon.

Maybe emilia's page doesn't make that distinction well? I will fix it if that is the case. Puck ended the contract with emilia in arc 4, and because of that she remembered she could use magic without him, but it's her own magic and not spirit magic like she was using with puck.

In all seriousness though if Absolute Zero isn't being used, I'd barely give this to Nami as she seems to have greater versatility and far higher range. Although Nami does have somewhat lower durability. So it could perhaps go either way. Still giving it to Nami for now though but I'd be open to change my vote.

Really might come down to starting range, if it's within emilia's range, nami gets overwhelmed cause emila can instantly freeze the entire area and erect barriers instantly to block anything nami throws at her, plus close range nami gets overwhelmed by emilia constantly beating on her, forming weapons out of thin air instantly and relentlessly being attacked non stop.

Back