• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Emblem of the Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the Fire Emblem characters, particularly the non-GBA games ones (that is really weird, why is it like that?), have MHS reactions because of the following calc:

User_blog:Assaltwaffle/Fire_Emblem:_Horse_has_moves

Is there anything wrong with the math? No. It's just a culmination of two things. One of them is summarized in this quick draft I made in MS Paint.

Untitled FE
Obviously there's no offense meant in the image, but I thought it'd be fun to take this to a humorous spin. The horse moved back before the lightning even began to strike. To be specific, halfway through its movement is when the lightning begins to fall as seen by the visible clash:

Test FE4
Test FE
Test FE2
Test FE3
Lightning wasn't visible until the 'end' of the animation. Regardless, it began movement before it was even visible. Would I call it aimdodging? Don't know, I'd be surprised if the guy was able to even see Blume use the tome from that distance.

If problem number one really positively isn't the issue for some god forsaken reason, maybe the fact that using a horse to scale to people would. I mean, it's a horse. Scaling to people. Large quadruped animal. Equivalent to small biped. I understand other units are just as capable of dodging the move, but wouldn't that mean it'd be even more accurate to calc the unmounted units instead? It'd be more accurate, and it could be more/less frames to make the actual justification higher or lower. Or just use the old one and stop linking the horse calc on whatever of the pages that use it.

Discuss?

I think it would be better to link more dodging feats from the regular units rather than the horse.

Honestly, we should probably just scale everyone to the GBA Bolting, the original reason was that the GBA games were in separate timelines, but at the same time we scale FE4's Bolting calc to Tellius characters (Ike and co.) despite being a different timeline

We also do the same for Bolganone and Meteor's calcs (just not scaled to GBA because it doesn't exist in those timelines)

I agree with using a foot soldier as opposed to a mounted unit; but at the same time, I really don't think the whole "Why would a horse move that fast?" is a really good reason to reject the blog. It's possible for superhumans to train their pets to scale to the owners; take Akamaru keeping up with Kiba for example. It's not like we call Akamaru's an ordinary dog same reason these aren't ordinary horses. They're super horses trained to keep up with their superhuman soldiers.

Keep in mind, the same horses also have Town level durability scaling from the Meteor calc. Dodging the meteor would also still be High Hypersonic+ speed, and those same horses also tank Bolganone; which is 8-A. But I digress, I'll mention the other reasons, but I still really dislike the whole "horse" being the only problem. That's more so just being Nitpicky rather than being actually logical; especially since consistency can't be ignored.

That being said, I agree with just using the GBA Fire Emblem calc to scale to everyone. They may be different Timelines, but it's still the same feat. Dodging Cloud to Ground lightning at close range is generally always considered Massively Hypersonic and especially if characters are wearing metal armor, which attracts lightning, or is airborne, which also attracts lightning. If anything, it might be close to Massively Hypersonic+ for Pegasi and Wyverns' case since metal + Airborne = Lightning magnet and you'd arguably have to be really close if not faster than a lightning bolt's speed to successfully dodge lightning in that scenario.

So in conclusion, we probably should just use the higher end feat to scale to every single FE character. Because giving the horse wings makes all the difference.

Hi I'm back from the Shadow Realm.

I never said "a horse can't be that fast", I said "a guy probably shouldn't scale to an animal naturally stronger and faster than him", plus my own arguments lifted above about that shoddy ambiguous dodging that quote unquote "didn't dodge it I guess". This isn't about how tough or strong horses are in Fire Emblem, it's the discussion about why grounded units scale to mounted units in speed. If a unit is mountable, you could easily shoehorn in the horse calc feat as a key to show that the horse is however slightly faster. But otherwise I'd say stick with the GBA calcs.

Well, Mounted Units are generally above average, but actually, Myrmidons and Sword Masters are even faster than horses when it comes to dodging speed. So regardless of whether the feat was performed by a mounted unit or foot unit is irrelevant either way.

But I agree with just sticking to the GBA dodging calc.

I pretty much figured that, but I personally wanted to hear Dark649 or Reppuzan's thoughts on scaling everyone to the GBA calc. Also, wanted to know who was going to get around to the edits; I have a busy work schedule today and the next couple days, so probably not the best time for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back