• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elsa vs. Sub-Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you know, both Elsa and Sub-Zero (the Kuai Liang one I'm talking about) are both capable of producing ice from their hands. Who would prevail more?

Elsa - Nearly loses to a couple of normal men with crossbows along with nearly dying to a prince.

Sub-Zero - Can take on undead spectres like Scorpion and other supernatural shit along with ripping spines out of bodies with ease.

The winner should be so obvious it isn't funny.

DeathBattleMike said:
Elsa - Nearly loses to a couple of normal men with crossbows along with nearly dying to a prince.

Sub-Zero - Can take on undead spectres like Scorpion and other supernatural shit along with ripping spines out of bodies with ease.

The winner should be so obvious it isn't funny.

Elsa was afraid of using her powers that time, tho. Don't forget she didn't wanna kill anybody, but here she is 'On character, but willing to kill'. Remember Elsa screwed up a kingdom. Sub Zero merely screwed up a town. She also defrosted that kingdom in a few secs, and once that ain't her focus means her full power on Ice is probably even faster (Higher potency). I'd say Elsa takes that one, as long as the basic battle assumptions are filled.

Talonmask said:
If this is close quarters than Sub Zero shouldn't have an issue with taking her out before she can even use her own ice.
Maybe... But this starts from the maximum range of the character with the biggest range, as say the standard battle assumptions.

Then what's the point? Elsa has a vast AP advantage and the speed of her ice is faster than Sub can dodge. This is a stomp if at maximum range.

Sub Zero would have to travel several kilometers in order to reach her, and with his speed rating of Superhuman, she'd likely be able to react to him by then and just OHKO with her ice which he can't react to.

Thread should just be closed.

SomebodyData said:
Actually no.

Her ice is hypersonic but her reactions are not, Sub-Zero blitzes before she can even attack
Just to finish SZ off before the thread closes, no. It starts out from several kilometres away. Sub Zero would take like an entire minute or more to get to Elsa. With her hypersonic ice, she may OHKO him like she does with pretty much everybody else.

EDIT: Actually, having Supersonic combat speed and not even Faster Than Eye travel speed, he'd take several minutes to even arrive. Elsa would kill him on his way there.

Ah I see, then allow me to recorrect my statement. He aim dodges most of the attacks. Its great having hypersonic attack speeds but when you can't keep up with your aim at your enemy, its practically a person with a gun against batman (Actually it seems to be just like that) although it will take a long time for him to get there

All Sub-Zero has going for him is speed (movement and reaction wise), strength and stamina. Won't really help much seeing as Elsa outclasses him in the majority (range, durability, attack speed, and AP). Also Elsa would be resistant to Sub's ice attacks such as ice ball. She takes it.

SomebodyData said:
Ah I see, then allow me to recorrect my statement. He aim dodges most of the attacks. Its great having hypersonic attack speeds but when you can't keep up with your aim at your enemy, its practically a person with a gun against batman (Actually it seems to be just like that) although it will take a long time for him to get there
I don't know if he can stay SO long without getting hit. Sure, he may aim-dodge her hypersonic ice, but all Elsa needs to do is to use her high AP to make too much ice appear too fast for him to dodge. It would be like dodging an impact grenade shot at the ground: Sure, you won't take a direct hit, but will die anyway. And we know Sub Zero doesn't have any form of resistence to his powers (You can freeze him battling against him with himself), while Elsa does (She wears an ice dress and goes live in an ice castle in the middle of nowhere from a frozen kingdom and is OK with it, besides she learns to heat up stuff later on).

I think we should call an admin to close the thread and give the point to Elsa. Sub Zero was not stomped, but could never have won.

Midnight750 said:
It pains me to see a disney character beat a MK character. Nooooooo!!!!!!!
This isn't Shao Khan. Almost everyone else from MK is 8-B or lower. Given Disney characters can reach surprisingly high tiers, you should get used to it.

So we have 4 votes for Elsa, 2 for Sub Zero or something. Huh... Should we call an admin? We don't have 7 votes, but this is enough of a beating to close the thread.

Mandfireguy21 said:
Midnight750 said:
It pains me to see a disney character beat a MK character. Nooooooo!!!!!!!
This isn't Shao Khan. Almost everyone else from MK is 8-B or lower. Given Disney characters can reach surprisingly high tiers, you should get used to it.
So this means if disney heros always wins whenever they are featured in crossovers with non-disney villains?

Subject zero wins with more combat experience, and he can come up right behind elsa with his ice coffin.

Mandfireguy21 said:
So we have 4 votes for Elsa, 2 for Sub Zero or something. Huh... Should we call an admin? We don't have 7 votes, but this is enough of a beating to close the thread.
There will not be a victor until the set conditions are met.

Elsa's ice projectile speed doesn't even matter here. SZ can just aimdodge it, since he has been fighting more than Elsa has lived. A couple of dodges are enough for him, and he can just impale her with ice or rip her head off since her reactions are way low.

Also for those arguing over starting distance, I doubt Elsa can spot SZ 4 km away. The Standard Battle Assumptions say the battle takes place Central Park, NYC. I severely doubt Elsa can spot SZ in the middle of the trees. He's a fighter and can hide pretty damn well for sure. By the time Elsa spots him, it's too late.

^ Not to mention that Sub-Zero is a trained warrior. He isn't your typical fighter and most of his combat prowess relies on using quick strikes and stealth to his advantage. Meanwhile, Elsa is still LEARNING her use in ice.

Sub-Zero can take this. He's a warrior, a much better combatant, and could potentially reach faster speeds than he lets on. His ice attacks are more varied, and can be used as spears. Elsa's ice blanket wouldn't stop him as he's already frozen. Sub-Zero could just continously stab her with ice crystals and finish her with an ice spear through the chest.

ExerciseDancefloors said:
Sub-Zero can take this. He's a warrior, a much better combatant, and could potentially reach faster speeds than he lets on. His ice attacks are more varied, and can be used as spears. Elsa's ice blanket wouldn't stop him as he's already frozen. Sub-Zero could just continously stab her with ice crystals and finish her with an ice spear through the chest.
He has to travel several kilometers with only superhuman speed compared to her Subsonic reactions.

Supersonic reactions vs. Hypersonic+ ice she can logically cast in a wave

At least 9-A AP vs. Likely 8-C durability.

This is a stomp, there's no possible way Sub Zero can take this.

ScarletFirefly said:
Good luck trying to spot an expertly trained ninja through the trees.
Good luck trying to strike someone who has superior reactions to your movement and has an attack speed you couldn't hope to react to.

I would like to see him try to reach her when she has a several kilometer advantage.

Doesn't really matter though. Elsa won't even know where SZ will be coming from. He can take a day, two, just to have her on edge and strike from the shadows. Elsa won't even feel his presence at all.

Why wouldn't Elsa summon large snowmen to guard herself, or hell, freeze the city entirely?

And I'm pretty sure standard battle assumptions would be in favor of the idea that they are aware of each other and don't plan on taking days to strike?

Large snowmen with an intelligence lower than hers guarding her at night? Yeah, that'll work out. I'm sure the snowmen are trained fighters and know where ninjas usually strike from, or have means of detection other than their eyesight.

Also freezing the city entirely? Last time I watched Frozen, none of the inhabitants of the Arendelle were hurt by it. It was a strong winter storm at best. That won't stop SZ at all.

ScarletFirefly said:
Large snowmen with an intelligence lower than hers guarding her at night? Yeah, that'll work out. I'm sure the snowmen are trained fighters and know where ninjas usually strike from, or have means of detection other than their eyesight.

Also freezing the city entirely? Last time I watched Frozen, none of the inhabitants of the Arendelle were hurt by it. It was a strong winter storm at best. That won't stop SZ at all.
Except, you know, likely being stronger than her physically, and more durable.

This battle was never stated to take place at night, if were assuming that, we can assume Elsa has placed herself in the incredibly large open area in the park, stealth won't really help him in that situation. And Elsa's superior durability would allow her to survive a lot more than a single hit, whereas Sub Zero won't survive one.

Talonmask said:
Except, you know, likely being stronger than her physically, and more durable.
It won't really matter since SZ will be going directly for her, bypassing them.

This battle was never stated to take place at night, if were assuming that, we can assume Elsa has placed herself in the incredibly large open area in the park, stealth won't really help him in that situation.

A day/night cycle is logical and SZ can wait and play the attrition game.

Stnmtz 20140504 10995
Also there are trees everywhere, the most open distance will get traversed by SZ in mere seconds, leaving no time for reacting. Not to mention he can aimdodge everything she dishes out, because of her Human movement speed.

And Elsa's superior durability would allow her to survive a lot more than a single hit, whereas Sub Zero won't survive one.

She won't be killed by a single hit no, but she will be hurt pretty badly and SZ can continue wearing her out or can just outright strangle her to death and she can't do anything to stop it since she's very weak physically compared to him.

They can intercept him, they are Superhuman in speed through size alone.

"leaving no time for reacting" Subsonic is much larger value than Superhuman, Elsa will likely react to Sub Zero and he will not easily aimdodge something that doesn't function a a basic projectile and isn't being shot from a very obvious point (a barrel), because, again, Hypersonic+ is much higher than Supersonic.

That is the whole purpose of her snowmen, they will protect her from his assualts and if she casts ice even once, Zero is killed.

They won't even feel a thing since they have no better awareness than their mistress, and very probably a worse one, since they are inferior life forms.

Also Elsa's ice speed can be fast, but her movement to cast it is not. So he can just aimdodge.

Complete and utter stomp thread, Elsa > Sub Zero in both AP and in durability by quite a significant amount. There is also Elsa being able to summon minions which can be a helpful asset. I will close this unless convinced otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back