• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Aside from the fact they stopped time and combat beings who can do the same? There's also time slow and acceleration. I don't think time stop is usually much of a factor in these type of fights.

"Nope, GER has no indicator t's powers are in play azathoth."

Then what is the context for him observing and copying it? Because GER directly alters causality, and The World full on stops the time stream. The fate manipulation done here is, in most cases, not so much interference as it is influence. The outcome that occurs is simply skewed in a way that turns things in Eldrad's favor. He does not go back and alter something or make an outcome that couldn't have actually happened occur.

But have they ever no sold a time stop? Is there an instance of one actually resisting one? And it would be a factor, Kars has the means to take him out, time stop makes it so resisting won't happen, keep him sage from other attacks and prevent him from messing with the future of what you is true in it being a manual action. And as it is , Kars can time stop someone who can move in other time stops completely without them even realizing it happened.

Kars didn't, DIO with Kars powers did, he completely no sold Gers willpower manipulation, BFR, causuality manipulation, power negation, setting dios life to zero (and ger just finished one shotting pucci with a single swing of its arm, doing what he did to diavolo but worse, as ger didn't kill him, he skipped that part). Actually, wouldnt being completely uneffected by anything GER can do, to the point Ger and giorno had to willingly kill themselves by Dio's hands mitigate that? Since novel ger is high 3-A/low 2-C in all those regards.

Also if we go the route of "theyre surperior and fight those with those abilities so they resist" then it wouldnt matter, by the same logic Kars just got like 60 new resistances as he can replicate any power within the jojo manga and novel pre part 8, including passively gain resistances to them , as stated by himself, funny valentine, even N.A.S.A (he actually planned on doing this, he got sent back in time though before he could) . So im gonna need a feat of them no selling.

"But have they ever no sold a time stop?"

Considering their defenses to these powers are directly linked to their potency with these powers, I'd say it's safe to say they can. There's also the instance in which time slows to a crawl during the fight between Craftworld Ulthwe and the Black Legion, and only Eldrad, the other full on Farseer, and Abaddon are unaffected.

"Kars didn't, DIO with Kars powers did, he completely no sold Gers willpower manipulation, BFR, causuality manipulation, power negation, setting dios life to zero (and ger just finished one shotting pucci with a single swing if its arm, doing what he did to diavolo bit worse, as ger didn't kill him, he skipped that part)."

But what I'm asking for is Kars, who unlike DIO would have had no prior knowledge, understanding and copying GER. Because that's what makes a difference here.

"Also if we go the route if "theyre surperior and fight those with those abilities so they resist" then it wouldnt matter, by the same logic Kars just got like 60 new resistances as he can replicate any power within the jojo manga and novel pre part 8, including passively gain resustances to them"

His power is already copying powers and gaining resistances, though.

Ok but im asking for time stop, kars Doesn't use time slow, he uses time acceleration, time travel, time rewind and time stop .

Kars has everything Dio has except the passion, everything dio can do kars can and both are aware of this fact, in fact dio got his newfound powers through kars which allowed him to do what he did. Also dio didnt have any exposure to it either, it happened instantly so the same can be said for kars.

What i meant was, if we go that route, i can give kars a resustance to every abiloty featured within the novel, at the very least the ones funny, dio and nasa knew about as they saud nothing could kill him abd rheyre only bet was sending him to a dufferent universe, then a few more layers of universes since nothing they had access to would work. If we go that route, bam, kars now negs and resists so much more like void manipulation as an example.

So i ask for a instance of them no selling time stop, since if we assume they can because theyre > people who can stop time then im gonna do the same for kars for resistances as he's stated to be unkillable by.

"Ok but im asking for time stop, kars Doesn't use time slow, he uses time acceleration, time travel, time rewind and time stop"

I fail to see how this changes anything. It's already been mentioned that Farseers also use time acceleration, time travel, and time stop. Why would Eldrad and another Farseer be completely unaffected by one but entirely vulnerable to another? Especially when, as I mentioned, their resistance to these abilities is directly tied to their proficiency in them.

"Also dio didnt have any exposure to it either, it happened instantly so the same can be said for kars."

Okay, but again, quotes and context? Because that isn't "copying powers via exposure and comprehension" that's just "automatically having someone else's power".

"What i meant was, if we go that route, i can give kars a resustance to every abiloty featured within the novel, at the very least the ones funny, dio and nasa knew about as they saud nothing could kill him abd rheyre only bet was sending him to a dufferent universe"

If he fights someone, and they use powers on him, and then their powers either don't work or they say it isn't enough to kill him, I fail to see how this wouldn't be resistance in the first place. Unless you mean they never used certain things on him, whereas in this case, I am explaining that the powers used by the characters I am referring to come from the same source in-universe.

I thought I responded to that already.

Don't know, but is there an instance or not? Or a statement at least? But anyway, Kars can time stop a universal time stop that explicitly has resistance with zero effort. (I got this screencap if ya want, I've had it saved previously).

Pretty sure that's all on his page. But ignoring the passion, Kars has everything single power DIO has+1. In fact dio doing everything he did was because he got a bit of Kars power. Everything DIO does is automatically scaled to Kars, even by his own commission basically (and stated outright by everyone else) .

Kars didn't fight the entire cast obviously (although his furst plan of action was going to motion and stealing all their stands anyway) it it's stated nothing they had could put him diwn or stop him outside of d4c (which he ended up copying in the end).

Anyway, why cant kars look at him, be like "I understand" and bam, he now has his powers but better.

He'll the moment he uses anything on Kars, Kars now has it on a caliber above him so he can use it right back.

His entire character is copying powers but making them better at a glance or exposure.

And nothing he has is out of his league considering he can even copy a power that creates entire universes, each with their own unique timeline and slight differences.

Saying it's a NLF may be fine, but it's definitly usable here.

Anyway, never said he could copy anything, there is a limit yeah, that limit just doesn't exist here, nothing eldrad has is outside of what Kars has, should, implied or could do. Claiming NLF when it really isn't is in poor taste Matthew.

No but he can mimic them.

Also Kars copied more than just stands. He copied a Bound, which is explicitly different than a Stand.

Actually though, in the span of the nivel (which mind you probably diesnt take more than 3 hours), he went from composite animal to what you see on his page. Whitesnake? He copied it the moment it touched him, Killer Queen he litterally stole, dad boot he spontaneously evolved, the world and d4c, one having universal timestop that can time stop people who are resistant to time stop (which no one has said how elrad gets past this at the start) and D4C, something that creates an entire universe whenever it's used , both from simply understanding and then he even copied nom stand based powers like Dune, and he didn't even meet the person who had this.

Theres nothing on Elrads profile that Kars doesn't already resist, encountered before or Kars couldnt hypothetically replicate given his track record and statements.

Btw @Sir Ovens What do you mean by "Kars has all stands"?

And @TheJ-Man Requiem In the Novel does Kars start without any stand and just outright takes/copies a stand despite not being a stand user in the usual sense?

It means exactly what it says. Kars has all of the Stands on his page. I restricted none of them.

Oh ok, I thought you meant all JJBA stands since it feels somewhat redundant to say "Kars has all of his stands" instead of just nothing.My mistake.

Sometimes I restrict D4CU and MiHR because it's not fair. But since Eldrad is really OP I didn't see a need to.

How complex are warp powers?

Because there have to be limits to Kars's "understanding"

Warp powers aren't even something biological like the ability to create/use Stands are. Kars might not even be able to alter his biology to use them.

Kars understanding isn't literal, he Doesn't need to know the specific details and workings of a power to copy it, see Whitesnake.

What? stands have nothing to do with biology and kars Doesn't alter his biology to mimic them, whered you get thst idea from? Actually I'm honestly curious since not a single stand he has has anything to do with biology or comes from that.

Anyway, nothing eldrad has is above what Kars can copy in universe, d4c makes universes on a whim for example, joji was terrified at the notion of kars going to morioh since he'd copy all there powers, and this is saying a lot, considering whom was there at the time.

Yes he does have a limit, is say concept manipulation probably, don't think that was implied and no person he scales off has that, but elrad uses stuff Kars already dealt with before.

From what I remember, Stands come from some meteorite infected with an alien virus that gives people stand abilities if they have the potential, or kills them if they don't. That definitely implies to me that there is a biological component behind creating and using a stand. Common sense lets us see that is why Kars can mimic stands, he can alter his own biology as the ultimate lifeform to gain the biology that is required for its use

And I've mentioned this before, but Stands work on completely different principles to most powers. Just because Kars can use a Stand that creates universes doesn't mean he can copy a universe creating power that works in a completely different way

Its not. Stands, aren't biological in the slightest.

The virus merely triggers a life or death response, the ones who live gain a Stand because they're strong enough to overcome it. That's only one way to get a Stand, some are born with them like Kakyoin, Abdul and Polnareff, some are gained via the mastery of something like Joseph and hamon or ball breaker and the spin.

Also Kars made the arrows out if the meteor and the meteor diesnt ecist in some universes, it's replaced by the devil palm. (And jaes predates the meteor by about 70,000 years).

So no , the virus merely triggers a response that brings out a Stand, jarsbactually explains this, I can grab a screencap if ya want.

Cool

Although I could still argue that the aptitude for Stands are still biological things people had within them, hence why Kars can copy them with his ability to alter his biology

Stands are in no way biological.

90% of them are soul based or psychic based. Some just exist because why Not? See b.i.g, some are 4 dimensional objects like Reimi Sugimoto. The list continues on, the only biological stands I can think of are things like stray cat, and that's because he is his own stand and f.f.

Plus Kars copied more than just stands, he copied a bound, which is specifically noted to not be a Stand by its user and enrico Pucci.

An ability where you become one with something, such as the enviroment itself . Goyathlay Soundma is an example.. its pointed out to not be a stand, it also allows you to "talk" with whatever youre bound to, such as soundman talking to mars and manipulating all the sand on the planet. If ya wanna go the physical route, this is actually closer to that than stands, which range from psychic, spiritual, technique based or even higher dimensional but physical us an extreme oddity unless that stand is part of the yielder physically or is the user like f.f. for example.

Still waiting for the time stop quote Matthew.

Not like it really matters sunce kars can time stop people who already resist timestop, and if what azathoth brought up was true, in that he needs to manually change destiny into his favor then it wouldnt matter. Hed get spited before he can do that.

Actually though, im asking for just a statement, not even a feat.

Because as it is not only did none of the characyers ya linked have time stop resistance listed and even though i asked for a screencap, to give ya cgance to prove the profile wrong, ya have yet to do that, only saying they scale, but scale off what ? if a weaker character tanked a tine stop then give me that.

>khorne.

Nice try gargoyle.

But you only said they scaled Matthew, but ya haven't actually given an instance of it happening.

Add the fact kars can time.stop someone with the ability to no sell time stops. Gonna need a bit more than that.

Back