• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring Profiles

Thought about something for the Demigods.

The whole deal with Seluvis is that he can create potions that turn people into mindless puppets under his command and said potions can easily affect sorcerers, other powerful warriors and even the Dung Eater. His supreme objective is to turn Ranni into a puppet but he asks you to retrieve the Amber Starlight item (which can control a demigod's very fate in the lore) so he can make a special one that can affect her, meaning Demigos can resist the effects of his regular potions. Also, from a gameplay perspective, the Demigods cannot be affected by the Bewitching Branch, which can even affect disembodied spirits. Is it enough to grant Resistance to Mind Manipulation and Body Puppetry to all Demigods?

Also, the usual question about should everyone have Immortality type 1 since removing the rune of Death prevents people from dying of natural causes?

Is it enough to grant Resistance to Mind Manipulation and Body Puppetry to all Demigods?
Limited Resistance should be better

Also, the usual question about should everyone have Immortality type 1 since removing the rune of Death prevents people from dying of natural causes?
Well, finally I don't think, there is not enough information for type 1 immortality.

So how do we deal with spirit ashes profiles? Like I said, I've plans for several of them so I would like to know how we should handle them
Two Tiers to simplify things. "Alive Tier | +10 Tier"

Kristoff would scale to Godrick in "Alive Tier" and Endgame Tarnished in "+10 Tier"

Would only apply for Legendary Spirit Ashes.

Coming back to this question, there's something I don't understand, which I just thought about.

If Radahn's feat that stopped stars is scaled at the Attack Potency of his other gravity magic spells is accepted, I still don't see why it isn't the case for speed (which should be mftl+)
Some Radahn spells can literally be dodged, like this one : "Collapsing Stars, Counter : Dodge as needed or run perpendicular to him on Torrent. Getting hit by even one can cause you to get hit by the rest, which will also bring you closer to Radahn, giving him an opportunity to hit you with melee. If you are on foot, just dodge to the sides."

For the Attack Potency, Radahn probably stopped the movement of all stars in the universe (for the simple and good reason that it's never said in the game that only a few stars rule fate. And even if it was the case, and Radahn wanted to do this to counter Ranni's schemes, he didn't had no way of knowing which star is linked to Ranni's fate, and in this kind of situation the best thing to do is to stop all the stars without exception), which is probably above Large Star level.

And why "possibly High 4-C"? There's irrefutable evidence in the game that Radahn stopped the movement of real stars, in addition to meteoroid, meteor, etc
Further discussion needs to be done on this, or a CRT

Coming back to this question, there's something I don't understand, which I just thought about.

If Radahn's feat that stopped stars is scaled at the Attack Potency of his other gravity magic spells is accepted, I still don't see why it isn't the case for speed (which should be mftl+)
Some Radahn spells can literally be dodged, like this one : "Collapsing Stars, Counter : Dodge as needed or run perpendicular to him on Torrent. Getting hit by even one can cause you to get hit by the rest, which will also bring you closer to Radahn, giving him an opportunity to hit you with melee. If you are on foot, just dodge to the sides."

For the Attack Potency, Radahn probably stopped the movement of all stars in the universe (for the simple and good reason that it's never said in the game that only a few stars rule fate. And even if it was the case, and Radahn wanted to do this to counter Ranni's schemes, he didn't had no way of knowing which star is linked to Ranni's fate, and in this kind of situation the best thing to do is to stop all the stars without exception), which is probably above Large Star level.

And why "possibly High 4-C"? There's irrefutable evidence in the game that Radahn stopped the movement of real stars, in addition to meteoroid, meteor, etc
"If Radahn's feat that stopped stars is scaled at the Attack Potency of his other gravity magic spells is accepted" It isn't because they aren't stars.

"Some Radahn spells can literally be dodged, like this one" There is no implication that the speed of this attack scales to the "speed" of him just controlling gravity.

"probably stopped the movement of all stars in the universe" There isn't enough evidence for this to even be a "probably", it is never indicated whatsoever and there's no reason to jump to that conclusion. Even with wank the most it could be stretched is saying he stopped all stars in the visible sky from the Lands Between, and even that is a lot. And something a lot of people don't mention is that we see other distant objects either reflecting or emitting light in the background that aren't moving at all, or doing much of anything really.

"for the simple and good reason that it's never said in the game that only a few stars rule fate" They don't rule fate and Radahn never stopped the flow of fate. For Ranni to obtain the Fingerslayer Blade, she needed to reach or have someone reach Nokron, which was impossible. That was until Radahn was killed and a meteorite created the crater that led to Nokron. By holding the "falling star" in place, he was preventing Ranni from achieving her goal's, thus, suspending her "fate" in motion. If a character is fated to die at a given moment by another character, and that other character chooses not to kill them just preventing them from reaching their fate, the second character doesn't have some fate resistance hax. Fate isn't usually, let alone always treated as something that can't just be altered or stopped by normal, physical changes in reality. It means nothing. Radahn was just the roadblock to Ranni getting the blade she needed for her plans, that's it.

"And why "possibly High 4-C"? There's irrefutable evidence in the game that Radahn stopped the movement of real stars, in addition to meteoroid, meteor, etc" You claim "irrefutable evidence" but don't say what it is. What is this evidence? The strongest argument I've seen is that it went from day to night in Radahn's phase transition, but that proves virtually nothing worth mentioning on its own, otherwise, there is literally nothing whatsoever that suggests he held an actual star in place, on the contrary there is only evidence against it. A lot of people bring up these "fate" statements, but it is literally all blatant flowery wording for the same thing I mentioned before. Radahn stops the "stars">Radahn stops several events from happening as a result, including Ranni's goals.

To begin with, we know for a fact that many of these objects, in fact at least the vast majority of them, are 100% not stars, but either regular asteroids or aliens being held in stasis (besides which, it is implied that Radahn learned gravity magic both for Leonard and also to prevent extra-terrestrials from reaching the planet, which was likely his main goal in that, not to stop Ranni, I don't believe that's actually ever said). Furthermore, some of the "stars" we visibly see underneath the height of the Erdtree in the cutscene, meaning they're relatively VERY close to the player Tarnished but still just visibly a dot. Whereas we never hear mention of a single real star being held, moved, etc. by Radahn, just vague, in-direct statements that severely lack credibility, context, or relevance, with the actual word "star" itself being used extremely loosely in many different occasions, even being used to describe literal magic pebbles on numerous occasions, among varying other things. The cherry on top of all of this is that Radahn reaching into those categories, especially while literally dying from being rotted on the inside to the point of going insane, is hilariously inconsistent. The obvious conclusion is that Radahn held back a bunch of meteors and aliens that were visibly close if not within the planet's atmosphere in order to protect the Lands Between, but in doing so he prevented things that would be required for fate to take its course, and that is all the evidence we have would actually confirm, anything beyond that is reaching into speculative territory.

There is no argument at all that can concretely prove Radahn ever effected real stars, it barely constitutes as a theory if I'm being generous. Even giving Radahn a "possibly" rating for it is a stretch. I wish he was that strong.

Last edited:
To begin with, we know for a fact that many of these objects, in fact at least the vast majority of them, are 100% not stars, but either regular asteroids or aliens being held in stasis (besides which, it is implied that Radahn learned gravity magic both for Leonard and also to prevent extra-terrestrials from reaching the planet, which was likely his main goal in that, not to stop Ranni, I don't believe that's actually ever said). Furthermore, some of the "stars" we visibly see underneath the height of the Erdtree in the cutscene, meaning they're relatively VERY close to the player Tarnished but still just visibly a dot. Whereas we never hear mention of a single real star being held, moved, etc. by Radahn, with the word "star" itself being used extremely loosely in many different occasions, even being used to describe magic pebbles. The cherry on top of all of this is that Radahn reaching into those categories, especially while literally dying from being rotted on the inside to the point of going insane, is hilariously inconsistent.

As I mentioned before, these things definitely prove that Radahn stopped real stars :
This set of clothes and his description clearly proves that real stars were involved in Radahn's feat.
Real stars are illustrated on the clothes of Seluvis. Without forgetting the statements of Sellen and Iji which speak of constellations.

These two item descriptions also heavily imply that. And we're talking about astrology, so it's not just about shooting stars

And it's three spells prove that the study of real stars is part of astrology in ER, and that the glinstones come from real stars.
Astrologers have even settled on the highest mountains in the world to better observe the stars. This sword (built by astrologers and giants) can even use the "Comet Azur" spell, which as said above in the description, is "a torrent akin to the distant starry expanse, the place said to be the origin of glintstone"

Last edited:
Further discussion needs to be done on this, or a CRT
For the High 4-C part, there's just no way you can get Radahn past High 4-C without more direct evidence. When I counted the stars I only got numbers in the mid-hundreds and even if I was off by a factor of 6 or 7 that still wouldn't be 4-B or anything. Even modern estimates for how many stars are visible at any one location on Earth with zero light pollution is only 2,500 to 5,000 and only the latter figure would get you to 4-B.

For the rating, there's no indication that Radahn stopped all the stars in the universe. Stopping the stars the Land Between's see isn't the same. Even if he did stop all the stars in the universe the feat still wouldn't even be 3-C, let alone universal or anything like that.
I did a calc of it, but a Staff thread covering the topic said that since we don't know the make up any hard number is debatable in terms of usability. It's why the High 4-C rating doesn't have a hard number to it. Whenever the DLC comes out and we get everything sorted out lore wise, we were going to look at the star stuff again.
If Radahn's feat that stopped stars is scaled at the Attack Potency of his other gravity magic spells is accepted, I still don't see why it isn't the case for speed (which should be mftl+). Some Radahn spells can literally be dodged, like this one : "Collapsing Stars, Counter : Dodge as needed or run perpendicular to him on Torrent. Getting hit by even one can cause you to get hit by the rest, which will also bring you closer to Radahn, giving him an opportunity to hit you with melee. If you are on foot, just dodge to the sides."
As I said, those attacks move faster the further along they go. Radahn launching them doesn't really scale to anyone.
They don't rule fate
Stars 100% control fate in Elden Ring.
It's why the Elden Ring is said to control fate since it can also control the stars.
The strongest argument I've seen is that it went from day to night in Radahn's phase transition, but that proves virtually nothing worth mentioning on its own,
To me, that's not the best evidence. In "lore" the assumption seems to be that the Tarnished basically has a no-death or minimal death run. Before you fight Radahn, Jerren will force the Tarnished to wait until its sunset first. The fight just lasted long enough to go to night. Though him blowing away the clouds would be useable for a AP rating probably.
(besides which, it is implied that Radahn learned gravity magic both for Leonard and also to prevent extra-terrestrials from reaching the planet, which was likely his main goal in that, not to stop Ranni, I don't believe that's actually ever said)
As far as I know, he did so to directly stop fate and therefore save Sellia
The Starscourge Conflict
Radahn alone holds Sellia secure
And stands tall, to shatter the stars
Astrology tool used by members of the Carian royal family.
A stolen part of a larger instrument.

Allows the viewer to better see faraway things.

During the age of the Erdtree, Carian astrology withered on the vine. The fate once writ in the night skies had been fettered by the Golden Order.
Based on the Starbeasts that have already landed in the Lands Between, Radahn's hold seems to be more around halting fate so Sellia can remain intact rather than stopping space monsters.

Even modern estimates for how many stars are visible at any one location on Earth with zero light pollution is only 2,500 to 5,000 and only the latter figure would get you to 4-B.
So "at least 4-B" should be applied.

Even if he did stop all the stars in the universe the feat still wouldn't even be 3-C, let alone universal or anything like that.
I'm not necessarily talking about such a level, but just above Large Star level

I did a calc of it, but a Staff thread covering the topic said that since we don't know the make up any hard number is debatable in terms of usability. It's why the High 4-C rating doesn't have a hard number to it.
The "stars" that appear in the sky after the fight against Radahn are meteors, shooting stars, not actual stars. It is impossible to see from the earth and with the naked eye the movement of a real star.
Radahn stopped the motions of shooting stars and actual stars.

In astrology, the term "stars" is used to refer to all celestial bodies in space:
"Historically, all of the various heavenly bodies considered by astrologers were considered "stars", whether they were stars, planets, other stellar phenomena like novas and supernovas, or other solar system phenomena like comets and meteors."
But we know that Radahn stopped the movement of real stars, as I proved above

As I said, those attacks move faster the further along they go. Radahn launching them doesn't really scale to anyone.
The Fextralife wiki I sent says that the attack can be dodged, whether on horseback or on foot. Even gravity magic used by Fallingstar Beast, Astel and Alabester and Onyx Lord can be dodged

So "at least 4-B" should be applied.
High 4-C includes everything up to 4,000 stars. It's why it was chosen over higher ratings.
I'm not necessarily talking about such a level, but just above Large Star level
High 4-C was decided upon in the staff thread, since its likely he halted hundred to thousands of visible stars, but that would still only be High 4-C.
The "stars" that appear in the sky after the fight against Radahn are meteors, shooting stars, not actual stars. It is impossible to see from the earth and with the naked eye the movement of a real star.
It's also impossible for a big man to control the stars with gravity and Radahn's hold on the stars was enough to completely remove Ranni's Dark Moon from the sky since her fate was halted.
The Fextralife wiki I sent says that the attack can be dodged
The wiki states you have to run to Radahn's side to avoid them. The sphere's also get faster the further they move. Them being MFTL+ is not relevant, because by the time they become MFTL+ no one could avoid them anyways due to speed ramp up.

High 4-C was decided upon in the staff thread, since its likely he halted hundred to thousands of visible stars, but that would still only be High 4-C.
But wait, didn't you say above that stopping 5,000 stars would be 4-B?

It's also impossible for a big man to control the stars with gravity and Radahn's hold on the stars was enough to completely remove Ranni's Dark Moon from the sky since her fate was halted.

I don't really understand what you mean here, and how does this relate to my answer.

The wiki states you have to run to Radahn's side to avoid them. The sphere's also get faster the further they move. Them being MFTL+ is not relevant, because by the time they become MFTL+ no one could avoid them anyways due to speed ramp up.
The wiki sates "Dodge as needed or run perpendicular to him on Torrent." And as I explained above the Tarnished can also dodge Astel's gravity magic attacks, so scaling is always possible

But wait, didn't you say above that stopping 5,000 stars would be 4-B?
You would need to prove that there are 5,000 stars above the Lands Between. Like I said it varies from 2,500 to 5,000. There's no reason to assume the higher end without proper reasoning.
I don't really understand what you mean here, and how does this relate to my answer.
You're saying its not possible for Stars to move at FTL speeds or us to see them. It's also impossible for Radahn to control gravity or a giant space fish to have the power to warp space-time. Just seeing the lights moves mean nothing.
The wiki sates "Dodge as needed or run perpendicular to him on Torrent." And as I explained above the Tarnished can also dodge Astel's gravity magic attacks, so scaling is always possible
As I said multiple times
The sphere's also get faster the further they move. Them being MFTL+ is not relevant, because by the time they become MFTL+ no one could avoid them anyways due to speed ramp up.
Dodging them or avoiding them with strafing doesn't mean anything when the attack itself gets faster the further it moves.

Astel's gravity magic isn't MFTL+. The only spell that could be is Collapsing Stars which gets faster the further they move.

You would need to prove that there are 5,000 stars above the Lands Between. Like I said it varies from 2,500 to 5,000. There's no reason to assume the higher end without proper reasoning.
The starry skies of the Lands Between are far more star-filled than ours.

You're saying its not possible for Stars to move at FTL speeds or us to see them.
No, I said it was impossible to see the movements of real stars with the naked eye. The "stars" seen in the cutscene after beating Radahn are meteors, not real stars (real stars don't move like that at all)
I told you that because in your calculation you took them for real stars, whereas they are clearly shooting stars (just see what a shooting star looks like and compare it to the ones you see in the cutscene)

Dodging them or avoiding them with strafing doesn't mean anything when the attack itself gets faster the further it moves.
What strafing ?

Astel's gravity magic isn't MFTL+. The only spell that could be is Collapsing Stars which gets faster the further they move.
All gravity magic spells should have the same speed and attack potency, because there was never any difference in power or speed mentioned between magic gravity spells, it's just different in range and uses.

As I mentioned before, these things definitely prove that Radahn stopped real stars :

These two item descriptions also heavily imply that. And we're talking about astrology, so it's not just about shooting stars

And it's three spells prove that the study of real stars is part of astrology in ER, and that the glinstones come from real stars.
Astrologers have even settled on the highest mountains in the world to better observe the stars. This sword (built by astrologers and giants) can even use the "Comet Azur" spell, which as said above in the description, is "a torrent akin to the distant starry expanse, the place said to be the origin of glintstone"
You're saying that while ignoring that meteorites and aliens, which are we actually see Radahn had held, are called stars in tandem with each other, with stars again being used loosely to describe the magic produced by these very same spells. Yes, it's astrology, and astrology applies to any extra-terrestrial objects that they point to and make some connection about. In any case, there is literally no reason to think they were talking about actual stars.

Even in the Preceptor's Long Gown item description, it straight up mentions the Carian royal family's fate again being severed from the "stars", which we know was only due to the presence of a single meteorite being halted by Radahn in Ranni's case.

Literally anything that looks like a bright dot is or can be called a star in Elden Ring, or weird looking aliens. Meteors are stars. Aliens in orbit are stars. Alien-rock thingies (FallingSTAR Beast's). Bright magic pebbles are also stars. And so on. To say anything is definitive here is being disingenuous, because we have to assume that these supposed stars are any different from the many other aforementioned stars, when there is nothing but contradictory evidence and not a hint of supportive evidence. If we ever saw text that directly states Radahn actually held a real star in place, I could believe it, but that isn't actually present anywhere. As I said before, it's at maximum a "possibly", if generous. It's an extreme highball estimate.

Last edited:
The starry skies of the Lands Between are far more star-filled than ours.
They are not. They're just Earth's skies without all the light pollution.

The "stars" seen in the cutscene after beating Radahn are meteors, not real stars (real stars don't move like that at all)
There's no indication that they're all meteors. Since Radahn held fate controlling stars in place and right after it's said the stars resumed their movements. If anything what you said would confirm a High 4-C rating. Since we can easily say enough of those lights are not stars that the most that's warranted is High 4-C.
What strafing ?
My guy.

You dodge the orbs by either strafing or rolling correctly.
All gravity magic spells should have the same speed and attack potency,
There's no reason for that. Some spells are purely defensive in nature, some don't do any damage and some are dedicated offensive attacks. They're origin of being magic is the same, but they aren't the same in power and speed.

They are not. They're just Earth's skies without all the light pollution.
The planet's skies are not all polluted, and the stars can easily be seen from here. In any case, it doesn't matter, since there's no given number, it's better to stay at 2500 stars minimum for Radahn's feat.

There's no indication that they're all meteors. Since Radahn held fate controlling stars in place and right after it's said the stars resumed their movements. If anything what you said would confirm a High 4-C rating. Since we can easily say enough of those lights are not stars that the most that's warranted is High 4-C.
They're definitely meteors, because that's how they move through space, which real stars don't. During the cutscenes
we even see real stars, and they don't move in the sky (which is normal, it doesn't mean that Radahn didn't stop the movements of the real stars).

My guy.

You dodge the orbs by either strafing or rolling correctly.
Okay.

There's no reason for that. Some spells are purely defensive in nature, some don't do any damage and some are dedicated offensive attacks. They're origin of being magic is the same, but they aren't the same in power and speed.
The reasons I gave seem valid to me. And anyway if this is not the case this debate is useless, because Radahn's feat with the stars would have no scale with Radahn's spells, so no Mountain or Large Star level

Last edited:
You're saying that while ignoring that meteorites and aliens, which are we actually see Radahn had held, are called stars in tandem with each other, with stars again being used loosely to describe the magic produced by these very same spells. Yes, it's astrology, and astrology applies to any extra-terrestrial objects that they point to and make some connection about. In any case, there is literally no reason to think they were talking about actual stars.

Even in the Preceptor's Long Gown item description, it straight up mentions the Carian royal family's fate again being severed from the "stars", which we know was only due to the presence of a single meteorite being halted by Radahn in Ranni's case.

Literally anything that looks like a bright dot is or can be called a star in Elden Ring, or weird looking aliens. Meteors are stars. Aliens in orbit are stars. Alien-rock thingies (FallingSTAR Beast's). Bright magic pebbles are also stars. And so on. To say anything is definitive here is being disingenuous, because we have to assume that these supposed stars are any different from the many other aforementioned stars, when there is nothing but contradictory evidence and not a hint of supportive evidence. If we ever saw text that directly states Radahn actually held a real star in place, I could believe it, but that isn't actually present anywhere. As I said before, it's at maximum a "possibly", if generous. It's an extreme highball estimate.
Yes, all celestial bodies in space are considered "stars", as in IRL astrology, but that doesn't mean that Radahn hasn't stopped real stars, because Seluvis' set and Iji and Sellen's statements totally prove it.
No one uses the word constellation to designate planets, meteors or comets,, and the description of the Seluvis set says that the movements of the stars in space are illustrated on it, but that their movements have been stopped. And real stars are illustrated on it.

No debate should take place on this, it's definitely clear that real stars were stopped by Radahn, in addition to meteors.

Oh my god we all agree that there's a likely chance that Radahn did stop real stars but we're playing it safe since Radahn stopped other stuff like meteorites and aliens, this is the dumbest argument that's been repeated for the at least the 4th time this thread

Back