• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring Profiles

I don't think the Nokstella moon was an Outer God honestly, the only moon god we hear about is the Dark Moon and nothing suggests it was hovering above the cities, even in a limited form
It probably wasn't the Outer God itself as they can't like, affect the lands between, let alone enter it physically. At best it might have been some sort of agent or item it granted to help bring about the age of the stars, but it is certainly magical to an extent, despite being a moon.

Tbf that's entirely on discord from what I've seen, and primarily a meme argument, I think
You even posted it as "this might not be a meme argument anymore" smgdh. Also the Immeasurable speed was argued here, I believe by Hecatia, because of Placidusax' arena being "beyond time" or whatever.b

You even posted it as "this might not be a meme argument anymore" smgdh. Also the Immeasurable speed was argued here, I believe by Hecatia, because of Placidusax' arena being "beyond time" or whatever.b
Yeah I'm pretty sure beyond time is hella wack for immeasurable speed.

Plus I'm pretty sure farum Azula is just disconnected from normal time.

Nah I posted "it'll stay no more than a meme argument" because I posted its JP name smh

Argued or not, there's no way we're getting that here, the beyond Time argument is not enough to get immeasurable speed or a Low 1-C tier

While the Radahn and on stuff is still being debated, the lower tiers (Godrick/Insane Rennala) can still probably be profiled as long as the Starbeast scaling is acceptable.

What's the scaling already (speed was Transonic for dodging the Golem's arrows if I remember correctly but I don't have the link with the justification anymore and I don't remember the LS)? Also, Rennala can't be profiled since her insane self is a key and not a separated stuff

I'm waiting for more input for staff consensus now. Qawsed has posted a much more complete view of the proposals than I did, for the record. Currently the consensus is 3 disagree (myself, DarkGrath, Zaratthustra) and presumably three agree (Emirp, Qawsedf, and Ovens, though none of these have explicitly stated their opinion since the request for consensus started).

has anyone noticed the body of astel looks like it's made of many planets and 2 orange stars, not sure if it's debatable, but man, Astel is looking like it's pretty... other-wordly.. that is pretty weird.
Model of Astel
here's the video if you want to see what it looks like.

Astel is specifically stated to be made out of stellar debris, yeah. Presumably something to do with the Fallingstar Beast lifecycle.

Astel is specifically stated to be made out of stellar debris, yeah. Presumably something to do with the Fallingstar Beast lifecycle.
and astel is implied to have come from outer space, and guess what? there's a lot of star debris left over from remants of stars and lots of rocks.

...Yes. I believe that is the point, yes.

...Yes. I believe that is the point, yes.
at least we agree on something, right? btw, i would to add that since large stars produce tons of stellar gases when they blow up and considering there's LOTs of stars, i am afraid to think that are lots of sacrely-falingstar kinda things? that is a scary thought. and moreso at the what sizes a beastly thing that could reach sizes bigger than stars, but this is just my last thought that are not supported by lore.

presumably three agree (Emirp, Qawsedf, and Ovens, though none of these have explicitly stated their opinion since the request for consensus started).
Personally thinking I think Astel destroyed the Moon and did so before the cities/Nox were banished.

However the claim that the Moon of Nokstella being the size of the actual moon is something that we have no confirmation of. We could always try to calc Aste'ls weirdly deep crater at Lake of Rot or something if it doesn't work out I guess.

Personally thinking I think Astel destroyed the Moon and did so before the cities/Nox were banished.

However the claim that the Moon of Nokstella being the size of the actual moon is something that we have no confirmation of. We could always try to calc Aste'ls weirdly deep crater at Lake of Rot or something if it doesn't work out I guess.
I think that bit about the Lake of Rot is perfectly reasonable, if there is lore linking Astel's landing to it. I know you've mentioned tidbits of such lore.

I don't recall anything about that honestly, just that Astel somehow ended up there and the Lake of Rot is where the essence of the Rot God was trapped, though I probably missed something

Astel somehow ended up there and the Lake of Rot is where the essence of the Rot God was trapped
If you go the coffin and look out you'll notice the Church suddenly end and the cavern it goes into implies something tunneled it out. Meaning Astel either smashed into it or destroyed it

For the Rot God that's a in-universe anachronism. The God of Rot was sealed by the swordsman who trained Malenia. Which happened long after Astel attacked the Nox.

If you go the coffin and look out you'll notice the Church suddenly end and the cavern it goes into implies something tunneled it out. Meaning Astel either smashed into it or destroyed it

For the Rot God that's a in-universe anachronism. The God of Rot was sealed by the swordsman who trained Malenia. Which happened long after Astel attacked the Nox.
Mmh now that you mention it, I kind of remember finding it weird how the church suddenly ends and chunks of it are on the ground like it was smashed. Also yeah, the Rot God being sealed happened long before but the comment was aboyt how the God was sealed under the Lake, wich is apparently why the Lake is THE most scarlet rot infected location in the entire game

From the secret staff thread specifically, yes
It isn't really made to be secret, it was made to have as few interruptions as possible with all the relevant information (hopefully) available there- this works as it was Qawsedf who made the 5-C arguments, and he posted everything and more within.

I'd also like to remind people that it wasn't my intent to call for a staff consensus, however I was told there was already a concrete one from the staff who participated in this thread. Thus the call for consensus was necessary. Currently, the only two in the consensus group that haven't given one are Armorchompy (whose last post was "one could argue it's an overtime/cumulative feat since astel's ranged attacks are meteor storms") and Wokistan, who hasn't spoken and frankly was a bit of a long-shot to ask regardless. Aside from these, the consensus seems to be a 3-3 split.

It isn't really made to be secret, it was made to have as few interruptions as possible with all the relevant information (hopefully) available there- this works as it was Qawsedf who made the 5-C arguments, and he posted everything and more within.

I'd also like to remind people that it wasn't my intent to call for a staff consensus, however I was told there was already a concrete one from the staff who participated in this thread. Thus the call for consensus was necessary. Currently, the only two in the consensus group that haven't given one are Armorchompy (whose last post was "one could argue it's an overtime/cumulative feat since astel's ranged attacks are meteor storms") and Wokistan, who hasn't spoken and frankly was a bit of a long-shot to ask regardless. Aside from these, the consensus seems to be a 3-3 split.
Not a problem to call for a consensus, I won't lie and say this is not frustrating especially since we were on the verge of FINALLY reaching kind of a conclusion, and a good one at that, and waiting for calcs is supremely long particulary for those who don't have direct contact with calc members but it's better if we have a general agreement. And if not...well, shit, we'll have to wait a bit more, wich will be even more frustrating but hey, that's one of life's characteristics right?

What I'm wondering currently
Profiles for the Tier 9 base enemies or 8/7 people should be fine, since the contention is mostly just on Radahn boss scaling. The scaling would be based on generic fragmentation physics and Tree Sentinels/Falling Starbeasts stuff.

Godrick would be like

• AP: At least 8-A, possibly Low 7-C+ (Comparable to the Falling Starbeasts)
  • Speed: At least Transonic
  • Lifting Strength: At least Class 50
Etc

Also do we want to calc like rolling away from the sound based attacks like if we need a clip of it I can get one
You can if you want. But until then we can just stick with Transonic since that's the minimum for consistently avoiding a sound based attack without outrunning.
Does that mean it's Snail time?
If we can figure out what to scale the Godskin people to, I guess so. Since the Spirit Caller snail can conjure either one of them.

Back