• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring Game Theory Calc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Gets your memes out of the way now.

The video

Anyways on topic I vaguely remember a CRT saying that if we use an offsite calculation it has to be accepted by the calc group members here.

So the calc is about the force that General Radahn from Elden Ring swings his swords, which comes out to 2 million newtons according to Game Theory (or at least that's the force the player is subjected to when blocking with a shield). I just wanted to know if the calc is useable or not for the purposes of the site like how we use VSauce for our spine rip calculations.

dont know about the rules but personally off site calcs are fine as long as they are double checked to be correct.

From the looks of it, he used translational kinetic energy in a situation where rotational KE would have made more sense.
I’m a bit skeptical of his pixel scaling, based on how he was explaining the process. He described it as if he were trying to find the size of a pixel on the character model, which is bizarre because 3D character models don’t have pixels in that sense. I don’t think the pixel measurement he used can be verified either, since the shot he actually scaled doesn’t include his measuring stick.
For some minor things, according to the first comment on the video, there’s an official height for the PC of 1.7m, which would slightly desecrate the sizes, and we’d probably want it to use the full density of iron instead of what he used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back