• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

This matchup was revealed to me in a dream (seriously)

Aragorn II, son of Arathorn: Elessar, Thorongil, Chieftain of the Dúnedain and King of Gondor and Arnor vs Radahn, son of Radagon: Starscourge, Red Lion, Demigod of the united Houses of The Erdtree and The Moon and General of the Redmanes

The Festival of War, to honor the venerable General Radahn and lay him to rest, is underway. Champion after champion has thrown themselves at the maddened Demigod, but none have succeeded thus far. Trusty Patches has long since fled. Steadfast Tragoth, the blood-obsessed Sword Saint Okina, the stalwart Warrior Jar Alexander, and even Blaidd, Sword and Shadow of Ranni; these renowned warriors and more have been driven from the field of battle.
Jerren had hoped the infamous Tarnished, who repelled Margit the Fell, who penetrated Stormveil Castle and Raya Lucaria and claimed the Great Runes long sequestered within, would appear to claim Radahn's as well; but alas, they were nowhere to be seen. Jerren feels a familiar weariness fall over him like a funeral shawl, and he begins to quietly despair. 'How long must it be before my friend can be laid to rest? How long must Radahn live on in this misery?'
As he sits in his chair by the lift, a man exits the nearby chapel. A man of quiet, confident noble air, a man tall of stature, strong of arm, light upon his feet, with hair and eye of a dark and stormy complexion, yet also carrying a wise and gentle gleam. They turn to face each other, the man meeting Jerren's gaze with solemn understanding and a knowing empathy.
"You are a steadfast friend, to have held this festival for your captain over so many moons. In better days, I would have liked to meet General Radahn, to know his measure as a man of honor as well as at arms. I do not think this decayed and feral form would be his eternal fate. I will do all I can to stay his madness and bring him his deserved respite. So swears Aragorn, son of old Númenor."
Aragorn draws his sword, the blade shining fiercely with a brilliant fire, a steadfast light befitting his steadfast vow.
"I thank you for coming to our Festival, Aragorn, Chieftain of the Dúnedain", Jerren replies. "Your words give me much-needed hope and faith in this darkening hour. May the strength of your arm match the staunchness of your heart, and may the might of Radahn's Great Rune be invaluable in your future endeavors. You may use the lift here to find the field of battle. Now go, and be well."

Aragorn is 7-A, with High 7-A Andúril

Radahn is 7-A, second key

Speed equalized

Fight takes place in Radahn's boss arena, starting at 100 meters away

Fight theme music cuz why not

Aragorn: 7

Radahn: 2

Leonard:

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Radahn just win by showering Aragorn with arrows from 100 meters away?

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Radahn just win by showering Aragorn with arrows from 100 meters away?
Aragorn can just dodge, Radahn vs Tarnished during the festival shows that opponents relative to Radahn in combat speed can dodge his arrows

The advantages of Radahn: His height, his gravity magic, his armor, and he rode a horse. Skillwise, he stalemate against Malenia, who was the greatest swordswoman of the Lands Between and who had never been defeated in single combat. And Malenia's skill scales above Finlay's, and Finlay can travel through all of the Lands Between with an unconscious Malenia, and without either her or Malenia being killed or captured.

The advantages of Aragorn: Andúril, which has a higher AP.

Radahn has a better chance of winning I think.

The advantages of Radahn: His height, his gravity magic, his armor, and he rode a horse. Skillwise, he stalemate against Malenia, who was the greatest swordswoman of the Lands Between and who had never been defeated in single combat. And Malenia's skill scales above Finlay's, and Finlay can travel through all of the Lands Between with an unconscious Malenia, and without either her or Malenia being killed or captured.

The advantages of Aragorn: Andúril, which has a higher AP.

Radahn has a better chance of winning I think.
Don't count out Aragorn's skill. With even the some of the strongest mortals and elves in the series being susceptible to piercing damage from low tiers like orcs, him emerging from the War of the Ring basically unscathed is a huge skill feat, at very least on par with Finlay's. He's also fought multiple Nazgûl at once and handily defeated them, these being wraiths that have been alive for millennia and have seen combat for much of that duration, not even counting their former lives in which they're implied to be some of the most powerful men in Middle-Earth.

As for how some of Radahn's qualities will match up against Aragorn's, his armor is good, but does canonically falter against weapons that don't exceed his own level of power, so Andúril will start carving away sooner rather than later, as it is not only in the tier above Radahn but has faced better armor. While it doesn't occur in-game as Leonard's hitboxes are an extension of Radahn's iirc, Leonard is considerably weaker and has his vitals in closer reach, making him easily killable. This would reduce Radahn's mobility significantly and largely limit him to bursts of flight/levitation that we see in the battle and crawling/shuffling like we see in the pre-fight cutscene. Plus, while Leonard is alive, Radahn will have a focus on protecting him. Referring back to Radahn's skill, he matched Malenia while he still had his mind, and after his affliction is feral and mindless, reducing him to instinct and muscle memory and hampering his ability to think ahead of his opponent, markedly reducing his skill overall. His height is an advantage, but a Tarnished roughly Aragorn's size was able to get past this advantage and kill Radahn, and can do so with weapons similar to Andúril in size. Gravity magic is a valid advantage as well, but still dodgeable and largely not oppressively difficult to do for those comparable to him in speed.

All in all, Radahn holds several cards in his favor, but none are so overwhelmingly stacked that they would guarantee him nothing but wins. And the fact that a Tarnished can feasibly one-try Radahn while making use of similar equipment and tactics to Aragorn shows that while a clutch fight, it's still a viable one

Referring back to Radahn's skill, he matched Malenia while he still had his mind, and after his affliction is feral and mindless, reducing him to instinct and muscle memory and hampering his ability to think ahead of his opponent, markedly reducing his skill overall.
My bad, I hadn't noticed that you had chosen Radahn's second key.

His height is an advantage, but a Tarnished roughly Aragorn's size was able to get past this advantage and kill Radahn, and can do so with weapons similar to Andúril in size.
And the fact that a Tarnished can feasibly one-try Radahn while making use of similar equipment and tactics to Aragorn shows that while a clutch fight, it's still a viable one
That the Tarnished can handle Radahn's height or gravity manip doesn't mean Aragorn can without evidence of it.

My bad, I hadn't noticed that you had chosen Radahn's second key.

That the Tarnished can handle Radahn's height or gravity manip doesn't mean Aragorn can without evidence of it.
Radahn is established as being considerably less skilled than he was when not rotted, which basically makes the skill scaling chain
Rotted Radahn <<<< Prime Radahn = Malenia > Finlay
It should also be noted that Finlay as a Cleanrot Knight, and a very notable one at that (being a Legendary Spirit), trained alongside/was extensively trained by Malenia, being part of her elite personal force, making her inferior but still fairly relative to her, which can be backed up by the fact that Cleanrot Knights were able to land hits on Prime Radahn. Another note is that Cleanrot Knights are of relative height to regular humans such as the Tarnished, meaning there is precedent fo pretty much anyone with a proper amount of skill being able to put up with Radahn's oppressive size.

Both Finlay and Aragorn have defining skill feats that are very similar, with their continent-spanning gauntlet of regular horde battles, and their ability to keep up with opponents that have centuries of experience in throwing down. Therefore, it's my understanding that Aragorn's skill would be sufficient for a fight against Radahn.

He also has experience against opponents with a vast size advantage, as trolls are common in both Sauron's forces and the wilds of Northern Middle-Earth (albeit most if not all of them cap out at around half of Radahn's size, this still puts vitals such as their head close in height to the vital organs in Radahn's torso though)

As for the gravity magic, it gives Radahn an edge, that I will not argue. But remember that Aragorn's durability scales to his striking strength, giving him enough durability to catch a few hits from Radahn's gravitational waves. Radahn's Cragblades and boulders will need to be avoided no matter what, however.

Last edited:
In summation, both have valid wincons. Radahn can hammer Aragorn flat via sheer strength difference with blade or boulder if he catches him, and Aragorn can slip under Radahn's defenses with his superior skill and agility and carve him up with Andúril, which is already legendary for leaving a massive heavily-armored demigod laying face-down in a pool of their own blood

In the interest of being sporting, I'm going to add myself as a vote for Radahn, as he does have entirely valid wincons

Back