• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The thing is shadow does use his hax to go for the kill regularly and uses them proficiently as well.

You really don't know why I believe shadow always goes for the kill. Have you never play shadow's game or any other game with him in it, he hardly if ever just toys with his opponent.

Warp stars aren't listed in his equipment section so he most likely would not have one unless stated by the op.

Pretty sure any cases of the Chaos Rift failing to banish someone is just gameplay mechanics, otherwise the game would be too easy as you can just spam it and go "LOL banished every time GG."

I'm still not sold on Shadow using the one specific ability he needs to win before getting one shot without precog or bloodlust. I'm not against Shados specializing in Chaos attacks, just him using it within the interval of one Chaos Control, as he loses once it runs out.

Regardless of whether or not they live isn't it still BFR?

I mean, doesn't seem too far fetched to me. Uses CC, attacks normally, sees that nothing is happening, uses the attack he knows doesn't operate like that.

Wokistan said:
I mean, doesn't seem too far fetched to me. Uses CC, attacks normally, sees that nothing is happening, uses the attack he knows doesn't operate like that.
And MK stands there doing nothing, yeah.

Wokistan said:
Shadow is stubborn. He'll just try to hit harder.

Chaos control is time stop, so yes efficient he will just stand there. I also don't think shadow's really ever had an opponent just straight up no sell his hits, and he does use his chaos powers very often. I see it as more likely that he starts trying other attacks than just doing the same one over and over again.

Genericstickman said:
Can shadow send MK back in time with Chaos Control? But he'd have to get MK into the portal for that to work
He could but sending people to different time periods is more of Mephiles's thing.

By the time he decides that a physical approach isn't going to work (which will take a while due to his cockiness (he is like Vegeta after all, and sees himself as the ultimate life form)), Chaos Control would've already ended and Meta Knight would've already tapped him.

The real cal howard said:
By the time he decides that a physical approach isn't going to work (which will take a while due to his cockiness (he is like Vegeta after all, and sees himself as the ultimate life form)), Chaos Control would've already ended and Meta Knight would've already tapped him.
No cal shadow is stubborn but not stupid like shadow said. He will see that his hits aren't strong enough and will start to use different approaches. Knuckles is the one who if hits aren't working he'll just hit harder.

Autocorrect lol

For what it's worth, I remember shadow as a boss spamming rift quite a lot in the one game he had it in. I think his generic chaos powers got spatial manip or sonetsome from Sonic battle as well, though that may have been addressed already.

I will offer a rebuttal soon, but before that, quick question. Does Chaos Control have some sort of cooldown or can Shadow spam it? And does Shadow have to say Chaos Control?

The real cal howard said:
Don't know where you get this notion. Shadow is arrogant, but he doesn't toy with his opponents and takes fights very seriously.

From what I remember, shadow can spam Chaos Control pretty rapidly.

I mean, exactly. He's arrogant. He sees himself as the strongest life form and he's not going to let another being take that title for him. He's going to prove that he's the strongest. BFR won't give him that validation.

...ignore that. I thought of that from a writer's perspective lol.

Flukes do exist though. I really doubt that Shadow will hit once, realize it's not going to work (especially since Meta Knight frozen in time won't show recoil because he's...frozen in time), and then decide to BFR.

@Eficiente most of the information we have regarding the sonic verse here comes from the sonic wiki do it is reliable.

So he does these hax right off the bat in character? In that case, Shadow time stops and BFRs him. Meta Knight has resistence to spatial manipulation, so that's not an issue

He spams time stop quite a bit. What's in contention is whether or not he'll get around to rift.

In Sonic Forces, he did lead with time stop to one-shot the clone of him that Infinite created.

Shadow spams BFR in Chronicles although that's the only game it appears in.

I also question how good Meta Knight's resistance to spatial manipulation is.

Back