• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Edge Master vs Saitama

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
I have to do this. The Caped Baldy vs The Master of Edges. Soul Calibur vs One Punch Man. This is a realm in which they cannot truly die. They are revived after defeat.

- Bloodusted

- Speed Equalized

- 5 feet from each other.

- Saitama is indeed Planet level

- If a stomp then no BFR.

FIGHT!!!!

Edge Master: 3

Saitama: 1

Draw: 0

Edge Master vs Saitama

Saitama has nothing relevant in this fight that Edge Master does not. Even without BFR I believe that Edge Master's increased versatility will likely win him the match.

I'm not saying I disagree that Edge Master would win, but could you please explain why?

What hax in particular gives him the edge? (pun intended)

What hax could Saitama not counter? How would EM apply this hax? What's going to be his method of victory?

Hax is a massive umbrella term for various different powers, some may be useful and others not so much or could be countered. Saying "via hax" seems very vague, nondescriptive and akin to saying "This person wins cause he'll be able to." It's not really explaining why one would win rather just that they would.

I should also note that EM can only use the hax of the fighting styles he is currently using, So if he uses invisibility he can't just use BFR. He'd have to change styles to do so. That's his Gimmick along with Kilik's and technically Elysium's.

Oh, that is interesting. Wouldn't that be a weakness? He is listed as having no weaknesses, but being restricted to only using one type of hax at a time seems like a pretty big downside. With that, I would say Teleportation and his vastly higher combat experience and wisdom will still let him win, albeit with difficulty.

Well we don't really ever know how he changes styles. So we pretty much assume it is almost like Erza's Armors. Meaning he likely can change on the fly.

I'm assuming BFR is restricted. I'm so, Saitama should win given his far superior range.

Saitama has also taken multiple planet level attacks effortlessly. While EM's rating is supposedly based off a statement. So I can logically assume that EM has no way to truly put down Saitama. A serious strike should be enough given it killed someone with insane Regenerationn.

BFR isn't restricted since it doesn't make it a stomp. Also just because it is based off a statement doesn't make it any weaker. Plus only Planetary attack that Saitama took was Boros' last attack I believe. So the two are pretty even.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
BFR isn't restricted since it doesn't make it a stomp.

I guess this makes sense.

Also just because it is based off a statement doesn't make it any weaker.

I know but the fact of the matter is that EM is only planet level through a statement while Saitama on the other hand stomped multiple planet level opponents.

Plus only Planetary attack that Saitama took was Boros' last attack I believe. So the two are pretty even.

Forgot about Garos?

Saitama is only Planet level via statements as well. Him and Boros's greatest feats are Multi-Continental.

Of course not saying Saitama shouldn't be rated as such, but just pointing that out.

Saitama is Planet level via statements as well....

Plus Algol is easily above two haxed 5-B's as well. Only reason he wasn't sure if he could win is due to Algol's control over Astral Chaos.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Ryu.

They can move around. But I doubt with equal speed EM will let Saitama get far away.

EM is the more haxed one. Neither is one shotting the other. Saitama has a little more brute force in which EM can counter with versatility and hax.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
EM is the more haxed one.

According to what you stated earlier, EM can only use one his hax abilities at a time.

Neither is one shotting the other.

How not? Didn't Saitama one-shot opponents with significantly better regen?

Saitama has a little more brute force in which EM can counter with versatility and hax.

Agreed

No he can only use the haxes specific to that fighting style. But he's starting of without any weapons at hand, but he can summon any weapon at any time.

Means nothing when the opponent on par with you. Boros was nowhere near Saitama's level and is only 5-B with one attack last I checked.. EM is on par with Saitama. So he is in no way going to one or two shot EM.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
No he can only use the haxes specific to that fighting style. But he's starting of without any weapons at hand, but he can summon any weapon at any time.

My point exactly. He can only use a specific ability with only one individual weapon. He can't use all of his weapons simultaneously.

Means nothing when the opponent on par with you. Boros was nowhere near Saitama's level and is only 5-B with one attack last I checked.. EM is on par with Saitama. So he is in no way going to one or two shot EM.

Baros and Garos are definitely 5-B. They both took causal punches from Saitama.

Doesn't need to. If Saitama tries to punch him. He knows how to block. Saitama's fighting style is nothing new to him. This is a guy who has been around for centuries and has knowledge of countless fighting styles.

Even then. They are scaled to Boros is is only "possibly Planet level" I think "possibly" is low end. If Ryu can correct me on that then that'll help. But that is my understanding. And I don't see why you assume EM won't be able to take a hit. Heck I'd argue EM can take multiple of Saitama's hits.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Doesn't need to. If Saitama tries to punch him. He knows how to block. Saitama's fighting style is nothing new to him. This is a guy who has been around for centuries and has knowledge of countless fighting styles.

Saitama has one-shotted 5-B opponents while holding back. Now imagine him with bloodlust.

Even then. They are scaled to Boros is is only "possibly Planet level" I think "possibly" is low end. If Ryu can correct me on that then that'll help. But that is my understanding. And I don't see why you assume EM won't be able to take a hit. Heck I'd argue EM can take multiple of Saitama's hits.

Okay, that's your opinion.

Edge for the same reason Finn won against Saitama, and more. His sword gives him good coverage (like Finn), and that experience gap plus that Erza like changing + BFR puts it in his favor.

Yeah one-shotting character weaker than EM is such a good feat. Bloodlusted he is still Planet level. Nothing has changed. I am going by the stats on this site. Not opinions. Bloodlusted Saitama is trying to kill EM, but guess what EM is also bloddlusted. So it is pretty obvious that EM and Saitama can take hits from each other. But for how long until EM falls or Saitama gets BFR'd.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Yeah one-shotting character weaker than EM is such a good feat.

How are they weaker than EM? Especially when they have feats?

Bloodlusted he is still Planet level. Nothing has changed. I am going by the stats on this site. Not opinions. Bloodlusted Saitama is trying to kill EM, but guess what EM is also bloddlusted. So it is pretty obvious that EM and Saitama can take hits from each other. But for how long until EM falls or Saitama gets BFR'd.

Being the same tier doesn't mean a character can't one-shot the oppression.

Just because they have feats doesn't mean their stats are any better than someone who is scaled by statements. EM is slightly scaled to Algol who would be near the higher end of 5-B.

So tell me. How is Saitama one shotting EM. Please tell me. Plus in this case both are the same tier and neither can one-shot each other simple as that.

I'm going to address something that seems to be an incredible misconception in Saitama fights. People seem to believe that if you have any form of hax or more experience in general, you automatically have the upper hand. However, every single instance in the source material shows this not to be the case. No matter who he's fought, no matter how badly they out match him in skill or versatility, Saitama wins with disgusting ease via sheer force. I'm by no means saying Saitama can outmatch everyone who out-haxes or outmatches him in skill via only force, but damn, people. Not everyone with some minor magical abilities is an Ahzek Ahrima or Yukari Yakumo.

In terms of the actual fight here, Edge Master has done absolutely nothing to make me think he has the strong advantage. Assuming both's best feats, Saitama reflected a planet-busting attack back at its source with a single punch while still heavily suppressing himself, and later toyed with a guy who WoG stated to be equal to said planet buster until he tired out and wore out his own reactive evolution.

Edge Master was willing to fight Algol, who can control a planet-sized realm, but was unsure of his ability to win.

Considering the difference within Planet level is ~47x, Saitama seems to be clearly on a higher end of that scale even while suppressed, and Edge Master's main advantages are skill and the potential to BFR, I don't see Saitama having much trouble just brute-forcing this fight any more than he did Boros or Garou.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Just because they have feats doesn't mean their stats are any better than someone who is scaled by statements. EM is slightly scaled to Algol who would be near the higher end of 5-B.

"Slightly scaled" That's a new one. Can we both just agree that these characters are planet level?

So tell me. How is Saitama one shotting EM. Please tell me. Plus in this case both are the same tier and neither can one-shot each other simple as that.

He should be able to one-shot EM given he one-shotted people around EM's level while holding back and causally at that.

He doesn't have a strong advantage hence why I made this fight. EM only has skill BFR and Gravity Manipulation. Temporary Invisibility. Even then he needs to be using that style to do so. So both have equal chances of defeating each other.

@Black I've been saying that for the LONGEST time.

Still doesn't mean he'd automatically one shot EM.

@Crop Have you changed your mind then?

Huh. Solid argument there Aza. And in that case well, the issue is finding out the full potential for Saitama I suppose since it's easy to make NLFs out of him.

How well does EM's BFR work? As in does it send the opponent to another realm? Or just to space?

Either way because of that argument I lean on Saitama now due to that argument.

Well we don't know where Zasalamel sends people....But he can BFR you to Astral Chaos. I mean he can send Patroklos in and out and can walk in and out of Astral Chaos.

Back