• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Earthbound matches can be done again

This announcement does not seem important enough for this forum, but I suppose that I can send notifications to the members that are most concerned by it, if you list them.

This announcement does not seem important enough for this forum, but I suppose that I can send notifications to the members that are most concerned by it, if you list them.
Is more for everyone since Earthbound verse matches couldnt be done from over an year because of those revisions

Speaking of, 2 more questions:
1. Shouldn't mother 3 cast also be affected by revisions(Since cast are left Low 7-B unlike Mother and Mother 2 cast)?
2. In the tier 8 calc was accepted 8-B end or high 8-C end? Cause if characters from Mother to Mother 2 have 8-B, verse page uses an high 8-C end.

what happened to low 7-B earthbound?
The calc was changed, Iirc Low 7-B calc assumed that the guardians of 6-th sanctuary used storm across cities. Though in reality it likely covered just cave (short version), and with that all cast was changed from Low 7-B to 8-B, Mother 3 cast profiles wasn't corrected at the moment, but I guess should be.

didn't low 7-B come from an enemy with a nuclear reactor melting down after being beaten or am I making stuff up

didn't low 7-B come from an enemy with a nuclear reactor melting down after being beaten or am I making stuff up
Long version then, I'll quote:
"For context, most characters in the verse are currently Low 7-B due to scaling to Thunder and Storm, which supposedly created a storm that covered multiple countries, including Dalaam and Scaraba. This relied on one of the official newspaper articles made for Mother 2, with the person who originally brought this forth providing a rough translation of it which would seem to imply this. The problem however is that the translation given simply isn’t correct, there is no mention of Thunder and Storm in the article given, nor can we infer that they were the ones causing the disruptions in the weather without proper context. Because of this, the Low 7-B feat is unusable and instead must be replaced with the next highest feat that we can find. Interestingly enough, the replacement feat still comes from Thunder and Storm, though instead of assuming that they created a storm across the country, we’ll be using their storm attack. The full calculation can be seen here, though to briefly summarize, the storm is assumed to be localized within the cave and resulted in a maximum value of 8-B. This is not the end of the tiering revision, however, as this new 8-B rating applies only to the cast in the second half of the game. Since most RPG characters have multiple keys to denote their strength at different points in the journey, this will apply to the Mother series as well. The feat we will use to gauge the chosen four in the first half of the game is the self-destruction of the Territorial Oak. Upon defeat, the Territorial Oak will burst into flames, causing huge amounts of damage to Ness and Paula, the result of such an explosion having been calculated here. While Ness and Paula at this point in the game would be oneshot by this explosion if not for the rolling Hp mechanic, they eventually become strong enough to endure the explosion and can even deal more damage than it with their PSI and eventually their physical attacks, landing Ness, Paula, and Jeff in the early game at 9-A. As some of you may already be aware, there exists a calculation made for Buzz Buzz’s meteor that lands it at 8-A, though the issue with using this for scaling is the fact that it sits far above the consistent lower tier feats from the rest of the game, including the aforementioned 9-A explosion that Ness and Paula can barely even survive, and the storms from Thunder and Storm that are 8-B. On top of that, it’s highly unlikely that Itoi or anyone on the writing team even considered how powerful an impact of that kind would have been, which makes it even more unreasonable to scale a feat of this magnitude to the weakest iteration of Ness when he has no other showings at this level. Because of this, it will be regarded as an outlier and ignored from the scaling chain. The specifics of the scaling will be expanded upon below."

Yeah, this was a revision long time coming and we had a match ban for that reason. But this thread was made to lift that match ban.

Not gonna lie that Reyni certainly did hit the yoinky aploinky
LET'S NOT LOSE OUR HEADS THOU-
unknown.png

unknown.png

I swear it's been a lot longer than a year since the verse was match-banned, though.

Yeah, it could be moved to the General Discussion forum or so.

So, still:
1. I guess Mother 3 cast should be downgraded to 9-A/8-B
2. Gyigas's first key I guess should be high 7-C instead of 7-C because result is high 7-C if I don't got it wrong.
3. Verse page should be updated. And high 8-C change to 8-B in verse page since 8-B Waпоend accepted end of calc.

Back