• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DxD Revisions

Burning_Full_Fingers

VS Battles
Retired
As I posted here (first paragraph after the first line break), we shouldn't use average mountain mass for Issei's mountain destruction feat as there are issues with it. Instead, we should use place it at baseline Mountain level, given that the descriptions of the Gremory mountains in the LN make them out to be large, with one of them specifically described to be bigger than Mount Fuji.

Quote I

After arriving at the underworld, using Magic Circles and a Griffin, we headed off toward the area that the fakes supposedly appear. It was the countryside on the outskirts of land owned by the House of Gremory.

To get there, we had to cross huge mountains and rivers with Griffin.
Quote II

The majestic great nature was in front of my eyes. The well-shaded forest and the mountain range was within my sight. The surrounding areas were filled with high mountains. The apple character suit looked around, then exclaimed.

...Well, if it came to that, I could equip my armour and Sairaorg-san wouldn't have any problem climbing if he wanted to. But the mountain that he pointed at looked taller than Mount Fuji...

...Seven to eight hours later, I descended the mountain on my own. Along with Sairaorg-san, we climbed a mountain that was easily four thousand meters tall.
If not, it will be placed at City level based on our minimum value for a small mountain. Essentially, the Ultimate-class characters will be City level or Mountain level depending on what is agreed upon.

The first generation Maou scale to at least 10x stronger than the aforementioned feat based on the multiplier from Ophis' snake so they will be Mountain level or Large Mountain level.

As for the second generation Maou and Gods, they would be Island level based on:

• Base Lavinia's small country freezing thing.
  • Juggernaut Drive users destroyed islands in the past.
  • Serafall is stated to be capable of destroying an entire island with one shot if she were to get serious.
  • Xenovia destroyed a large portion of a large island.
  • 666's split bodies destroyed islands.
  • Shooting Star destroyed several islands with a shot from his Sacred Gear.
The top tiers will be at least Island level scaling much above Lavinia and also based on Vali's Island level feat, while finite Ophis will be Large Island level as she's 2x stronger than two characters on Vali's level.

About the top tiers, a case for vaporisation for Vali's feat has been brought up. So it'd mean people on his level will be Small Country level+, making finite Ophis Country level through the multiplier mentioned.

Others like Typhon, Fenrir, and Vidar with the Mystical Boots would also scale as Typhon, while demonstrably inferior to Ddraig, can still manage to deal a degree of damage to him with sustained effort and also take attacks from him.

I don't understand. The change is needed; I linked the reasons in my original post. You can see it in the discussion thread.

I'll paste it here to make it easier.

"So guys, I've wanted to bring something up for quite some time now. The average mountain mass thing shouldn't be used for Issei's feat. I've seen multiple calcs related to mountains (even those that are implied to be big like what we're told of the Gremory mountains), both in this wiki and outside of it, and no one seems to use this. Even the person that originally calculated it at the OBD didn't use average mountain mass for Serafall's mountain busting feat later on, and only uses it for Ise's for some reason. It's just kinda strange and uncomfortable, seeing how no other series uses it. Another important thing is that someone with knowledge of calcs told me that it's actually invalid as it's about 25% of Mount Fuji, which is far above average - several orders of magnitude - for our normal standards and the relevant link is also broken anyway.

So it'd mean BxB Issei will be City level based on our minimum value for a small mountain, or Mountain level as I saw that destroying an average mountain is at that level and the mountains we've seen in the Gremory territory are described to be big. It could only be in the City level range if it's the smallest of mountains - which is a huge lowball, especially considering the descriptions of some Gremory mountains - and if the mountain is fragmented, which cannot be true as it's described to have completely vanished entirely. Definitely pulverisation at least."

I'd say use the value of the destruction of Mount Fuji, the mountain is bigger than that, so it would be a decent lowball

Edit: Apparently i misinterpreted and the 4 km mountain isn't the mountain being destroyed, in this case i'd say baseline 7-A.

The 6-C stuff looks alright

While we're at it I would like to purpose that we use the Vaporization value from Vali's feat for the following reason:

1)Vali's aura has shown a very intense heat, the same aura he use to attack.

"The Maouified Vali flapped his twelve wings of Lucifer, which caused all of the snow in the surrounding area to melt instantaneously, and even the rock below became exposed"

This is also about Azy scorching aura.

"After saying that, silence fell between the two of them. Aŝi Dahāka erased the projection, and aura seeped out from his entire body. His scorching hot aura caused all of the surrounding snow to melt."

2) Issei's Infinity Blaster, an attack that is compareable to Crom's casual attack which in turn compareable to Vali's casual attack, has shown a vaporization in a much bigger scale.

Statement that it caused vaporization

"After the release of that gargantuan cannon blast as a result of Dragon Deification — all that remained was a barren wasteland. The vast plateau had been flattened from south to north, the forests and rivers had been completely vaporised, and all that remained was a barren surface which had been exposed by a single blast. ...Hyoudou Issei's team had once again demonstrated their ability to wreak destruction on the entire field, just like they did when they previously faced the [Lightning] team. The cannon blast that had been fired from the southern end reached the top of the northern end, obliterating everything that was once in the middle."

Highest destruction has been shown from Infinity Blaster is of course from when he nuke half the field, which contain many mountains.

Those two feat happen in two separate occsion, however, this is from the same form, with the exact same attack.

I wouldn't say that being comparable matters particularly (given that it could be simply comparable in AP) but if it's a heat-based attack, vaporization should be fine

Okay, if we go that route, the top tiers will be upgraded to Small Country level(+) instead. I'll update my OP.

Btw can anyone quantify Issei's feat of nuking half of Rating game arena?

We can make a rough gueses since the arena apperently is large enough to contain entire Mountainous region which could also be interpreted as mountain range, I think.

I am assuming the rating game = South Island due to rating game arena having more then just a mountain range.

The radius is 154 km, which from this page would be equal to Large Island Level

Not an upgrade but more like a downgrade cuz Issei is currently 600 Gigaton via multiplier and and 154 Km is realy close to baseline.

Or should we calculate the energy required to vaporize every single mountain in Southern Alp and divide that by half?

Maybe, I dunno. What he destroyed was mountains, valleys, rivers, and trees.

Perhaps we could just go with vaporisation, since that's what's mentioned for Infinity Blaster.

Well, I mean, the current High 6-C rating via the multiplier will go in any case. It's either the top tiers go to Island level or Small Country level through Vali's feat.

GoodDaySir said:
Or should we calculate the energy required to vaporize every single mountain in Southern Alp and divide that by half?
Not gonna lie I'm actually curious about this option. Since Vaporization usually gets very high resaults.

The explosion method is lower and it gives High 6-C, so I believe vaporisation would yield results in the teraton range.

Either way, I don't think there's any reason to use the explosion method since we know how Infinity Blaster destroys things - vaporisation.

@Jester

Do you have any opinion on the method we should go with for Vali's feat?

This is just a rough calculation for Issei feat, but from this site there are 23 mountains in Southern Alps that is over 3000 meter high, assuming that high = radius, vaporizing half of them would yield about 2 Teraton, Small Country level.

Nice, but it could be seen as something of a high end so I don't know if it can be used. We were told that there are towering mountains in the field, but we can also tell there are small mountains too as Ise destroyed one with a shockwave. Going by that link, there are both small and big mountains in the Southern Alps so it fits.

I think a better method would be to find out the energy to destroy the entire range and divide it by half, assuming we can't calculate the energy to destroy only half of the range. It should make more sense, there are valleys and bodies of water in the Southern Alps and it's mentioned that Ise destroyed not only the mountains in the field, but also the rivers and valleys contained there.

Well assuming the mountain range is in Triangular Prism shape, which make sense since many maountain being connected wo one another, with the length of 500 km, and assuming the average height of 2000 m(since the largest group is over 3000 m) and that width = diameter = 2*radius.

The total colume would be 2*10^18 cc.

Vaporisation => about 12 Teraton or so, half of it would be 6 Teraton or high end of Small Country Level.

So...I've been looking at this but I'm a bit confused: does this mean a possible upgrade for Issei and the others is possible or what? From the calcs, it certainly seems like that an upgrade is likely.

Alright, but you'd have to put it in a blog so it can be evaluated.

If it's accepted: Vidar and Apophis directly matched the continuous bombardment of the Infinity Blaster and forced Ise to combine Longinus Smasher with it to overpower them, so they'd receive direct scaling. If vaporisation is accepted for Vali's feat, that'd solidify Small Country level for the top tiers.

Yeah, possible upgrade for the top tiers to Low 6-B based on Infinity Blaster destroying half of the mountain range and Vali's 5000m mountain busting feat (if vaporisation is accepted, as GDS suggested above).

Satans and Gods will receive a slight downgrade from 60 gigatons to 26 gigatons, but still Island level for them.

Back