• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Durarara and Baccano revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been said before, but nothing really came of it, so just bringing it back up.

Celty Sturluso is ranked as Multi-City Block level because her shadows can cover this distance. This seems more like a feat of range than Attack Potency. Normally this would be a minor issue, if not for the fact that Shizuo Heiwajima is scaled to 8-A off of her (despite Celty herself saying she couldn't even imagine beating him and that he's vastly superior), while Anri Sonohara and Izaya Orihara (who also scale to her and Shizu-chan) are still 9-A.

Additionally, Shizuo is ranked as "possibly higher" than 8-A for being capable of stalemating Ronny Schiatto according to Word of God, but Claire Stanfield is still only 9-A partially for the same reason. Not to mention that Ronny himself is inexplicably 9-C, despite being the verse's closest excuse to omnipotence.

In a perfect world, I would wank Shizuo and Claire to at least 7-C, but since I'm going for unbiased accuracy, I'll make my suggestion more reasonable.

9-A ranking for Celty and casual Shizuo, due to scaling to Izaya's listed feat of AP, but Multi-City Block range for Celty

At least 8-C ranking for enraged Shizuo for his preexisting feats, as well as for Claire and Ronny for scaling to him and being vastly superior to their verse's strongest 9-As (Celty and Russo), especially for Claire due to Word of God statements that he could easily solo his verse (which is riddled with very powerful 9-As like Ladd Russo and Graham Specter) with no effort.

Again, just my two cents, so take it as you will.

It's always been very clear to me that Shizuo is WAY more powerful than Izaya and that the only reason Izaya can possibly beat him is due to skill, speed, intellect, and using the environment.

So basically everything else that's not physical.

Also Ronny is 9-C not 9-A.

I'm on mobile but click the bottom right corner of the thread box, should allow you to edit the thread

I do not know anything about this verse, so my input is of limited value, but I suppose that the first post seems to make sense.

Lord-Of-Creation made the Baccano page, and LazyHunter made the Durarara page.

Lor-of-Creation apparently no longer exists

Welp my knowledge on Baccano is limited to the anime and Durara has so much shit going on in it I just don't know enough to help.....

From what I've researched about the series, the feats I described in the original post are the best AP examples for the characters that need revisions.

Really all the information is already on the pages, it just seems like whoever originally made them didn't understand how scaling works.

In all honesty I could probably make the necessary revisions in like two minutes. The pages are already unlocked (for some reason), I just wanted permission from an admin.

Well, LazyHunter is usually very reliable, so you should preferably ask him to comment here first.

This has been brought up a few times before, but neither Izaya nor Shizuo's stats have good justifications and Shizuo has been ridiculously wanked in the past (scaling to Level 6 Shift Mikoto from Toaru using insane logic from a joke route in a noncanon game comes to mind). The issue is that whenever the question of revising them comes up and I ask for proof of the actual stats (given lack of feats on that level in the anime), nobody is willing or able to provide evidence for them.

I have only seen the anime and read the first couple of LNs, which didn't really interest me enough to read the rest, so I'm far from an expert on the verse. However, I see no evidence for 9-A Celty or Izaya, given that both are much weaker than Shizuo and lack any feats on that level. No, Izaya making small cuts on Shizuo doesn't count, he's been hurt by regular guns and by knives simply falling off a shelf on his back just fine. Even accepting this as the common quirk of fictional characters just being inexplicably weak to bullets/piercing/slashing attacks, it means Izaya needs feats besides hurting Shizuo to qualify for 9-A.

IMO Celty and Izaya should be 9-B and Shizuo should be 9-A, unless actual quotes to support the claims in Shizuo's page for his AP and Durability are provided. Shizuo's page would also need to be cleaned up a bit given the absurd NLF claims it has about his strength and mind resistance (which he doesn't have as Saika's mind control can be fought off with willpower and by resisting pain/fear). Actual quotes for Izaya's speed feats would also be nice, given Shizuo's and Celty's reasoning for Supersonic reactions is invalid (Celty's feat comes from the anime and is not replicated in the novels where she aimdodges bullets, and Shizuo has only aimdodged subsonic bullets). Basically all I said in this thread is still valid.

I don't know anything of Bacanno, so I can't give my opinion on that.

@LazyHunter

Would you and Jordan be willing to collaborate to improve the profiles?

Well, thanks anyway. Even if they do not turn out perfect, an improvement is still an improvement.

Unfortunately, yes, Durarara is rather lacking in actual feats. I'm currently trying to go through it, and the most impressive thing so far is Shizuo stomping the army of Slashers, which is probably a 9-A feat as you said.

Most of the 9-A stuff however, comes from Baccano, which is full of extremely powerful 9-As, and is confirmed to be a part of the same verse as Durarara, both through author statements and characters crossing over between series.

As I said in the OP, Ladd Russo, Graham Specter, and the currently-pageless Chane Laforet would all be 9-A, with Christopher de Red being casually superior to any one of them, and Claire Stanfield is capable of defeating all of the above, plus apparently everyone else in the cast, at once with no effort according to Narita. This would be the justification for his 8-C rating, and according to other author statements he would stalemate against both Shizuo and Ronny, hence their similar rating.

Yeah, if we can use the scaling between the Naritaverse, Shizuo being 8-C when fighting seriously or enraged seems to fit the tiering and info Narita gave about the verse's strongest characters.

Would Shizuo's speed scale to anyone in Baccano? I recall hearing that one of the connections between the two series is Shizuo mentioning a past fight with a Baccano character. That could give us the speed for him, Izaya and Simon, at least, probably a few more, since Baccano seems to have more speed and reaction feats.

From what little I read of Durarara, Celty's best feat was stopping a helicopter's blades with her shadows and holding it in the air, and she struggled to shield herself from an anti-material rifle. I can't recall any good Izaya feats given how he avoids fighting as much as he can, but he does hold his own against Anri in their short encounter and kind of tries to do the same with Shizuo.

Yes, Shizuo fought Niles (One of the alchemists from Baccano) and won.

We don't have a page for Niles, but he is stated to be superior to Christopher de Red.

Unless that helicopter feat is higher, I'm fine with putting Celty and Izaya at 9-B.

So "at least Supersonic combat speed" to Shizuo, Izaya and Simon by powerscaling to Niles/Christopher.

Is there any other changes you think we should do?

Sure. Should I remove the feats that don't show up in the anime, at least until someone can give a novel quote?

I don't know. I suppose we could for the sake of efficiency, otherwise we could check the page histories and message whoever added those specifics.

So is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back