• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Durarara and Baccano revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys just made it more complicated......I recently cleaned up the Baccano profiles, did not bother to do the same for Durarara since I was not really interested in it. So I will keep it short and simple.

Claire, Ronny should be 9-A and 9-C respectively (like they previously were)

Shizuo should be 9-A not 8-C since he does not have a single 8-C feat and being stronger than a couple of 9-As does not warrent a higher tier. And he sure as hell is not supersonic, Naritaverse tiering does not follow A>B>C logic, basically what I am trying to say is that Shizuo is undoubtedly stronger that Claire and would beat him in a pure physical match but since Claire is absurdly faster than him and way more skilled Shizuo won't even be able to touch him which would result in a draw. So scaling Shizuo and Claire is bs. Also I recently had a chat with the bureaucrat of Baccano wiki and she mentioned that the naritaverse tier list only mentioned that Claire, Ronny and Shizuo were equals, it did not really mention anything else, so apart from these guys we can't really scale anyone.

Shouldn't Shizuo scale if he defeated a strong Baccano character like he has apparently done in the past? Because if we limit it to his feats in Durarara I don't think he gets better than Superhuman speed, maybe low Subsonic, and that should make it so that Claire should be able to easily kill Shizuo, not just draw with him. It's not like it would be hard for him to get a knife and poke his eyes out.

I mean, fiction isn't always consistent and logical, but it feels really weird that he's supposed to be one of the strongest humans and characters in the verse if regular Baccano humans are that superior to him in speed.

Do you have a quote of Narita saying that the reason Claire and Shizuo would tie is speed difference and not, say, combat skill, which Shizuo definitely lacks? With enough difference in skill you could easily dodge the attacks of an opponent without needing significant advantages in speed.

Even if we change Shizuo and Claire to "9-A", or "at least 9-A", which I'd be okay with, why would Ronny, given his apparent power and status in the verse, be just 9-C and not be somewhat comparable to them, considering random humans, quarter vampires and a somewhat nerfed Dullahan are all 9-B and 9-As?

And given the Naritaverse has all its series taking place in the same world and make multiple references to each other, there's no reason it shouldn't be allowed.

1) Shouldn't Shizuo scale if he defeated a strong Baccano character like he has apparently done in the past?

I guess we can put it as "likely Supersonic (Defeated Nile who is stronger than Christopher. Can hold his own in a fight with Claire)", even though in Durarara he has no such feats.

2) Do you have a quote of Narita saying that the reason Claire and Shizuo would tie is speed difference and not, say, combat skill, which Shizuo definitely lacks? With enough difference in skill you could easily dodge the attacks of an opponent without needing significant advantages in speed.

There is no quote, its just a simple logic, Shizuo has never displayed the speed and Claire has never displayed the strength. The tier list only mentioned that it would be a draw if the three of them fought each other.

3) Even if we change Shizuo and Claire to "9-A", or "at least 9-A", which I'd be okay with, why would Ronny, given his apparent power and status in the verse, be just 9-C and not be somewhat comparable to them, considering random humans, quarter vampires and a somewhat nerfed Dullahan are all 9-B and 9-As?

Ronny does not really have any feats physically, he just relies on his reality warping powers and even though he is a god tier, in the LN he is always shown as a 9-C kinda guy. I mean if we go by that logic there is a feat of him parting the rain clouds over a city so tier 7 Shizuo and Claire? Anyway to be on the safer side we can put it as "At least 9-C, likely higher".

So what, if anything, is left to do here?

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
Really all the information is already on the pages, it just seems like whoever originally made them didn't understand how scaling works.
  • Seinfeld theme plays*
But yeah, I think we're done here, Antvasima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back