• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Durability Negation Analysis

So I've been thinking about characters that can negate durability and immediately I thought of Overhaul and Tomura. I know there are many other characters that can negate durability but those 2 are my main focus. Overhaul's quirk lets him deconstruct matter at a molecular level. If someone is seperated molecule by molecule, can they really still be able to recover from that? Would their consciousness still even be there? Beings like Majin Buu would have no issue, but what about Deadpool or someone with hax like Ainz? And speaking of his quirk, what if his opponent was someone strong af and that person's atoms are bonded really strongly, say Overhaul touches Darkseid. Is his quirk strong enough to deconstruct Darkseid's atoms? I feel like there should be a limit to the durability negation category. Next up is Tomura. He decays everything he touches. Decaying practically renders the object useless. Basically he kills your cells. Can someone with dead cells regenerate? I mean the nucleus of each seperate cell is dead, how can anyone who's been fully decayed come back? And since it also works on objects, this means just like Overhaul's quirk, it would have to affect atoms for something to decay. Which again brings me to the question, can he decay Doomsday or any hax god? Can he and Overhaul affect a DBZ energy barrier, or a Rasengan? Can they affect the Omnitrix? Can they touch Alien X and poof, he's gone? And then there's also mind control and instant death attacks. The brain is all signals being sent around, so what if someone is trying to mind control Thanos? Can the mind control signals penetrate his brain cells? Basically I'm asking if someone's cells are too op for someone else to actually negate their durability. And as for instant death attacks, let's say Hidan or Ainz. So Hidan licks Whis' blood and now he can affect him (forget all magic/ki/chakra stuff, just physical strength). If Hidan stabs his own heart, naturally Whis will get his heart stabbed. However, that "thing" that gave Whis the heart stab, can it actually harm his cells? What if said mystical energy just simply isn't strong enough to pierce through him? Do you guys get what I'm trying to say? Can the force that stabbed his heart actually stab his heart? Can it even bend his flesh, let alone pierce it? Imagine a newborn baby trying to push a mountain. And then finally instant death. Say Ainz grasp hearts some dude, but that guy has a heart that's made of Nth metal or some shit. Like every atom of his heart is Nth metal adamantium kachikachin or whatever. Can the magic or telekinisis do jack shit? Wouldn't it be like you trying to squeeze a brick with your hand? The point I'm trying to make is that OP beings are OP because their very being is OP. Their atoms are bound together really strongly, just like different elements. That's why it is easier to rip paper than to break diamonds. Massively OP characters should be immune to all kinds of durability negation unless it's coming from someone close to their level. Because let's be real here, I doubt Tomura or Overhaul have the capacity to do anything to Lobo. His atoms are too much for them or anyone really who isn't on his level. Unless of course it is shown and stated that Character A's durability negation is potent enough to **** up a multiverse or something, then Character A will be able to shit on The Omni King and Mxyzptlk. Thanks for reading and let me know what you think.

The problem is the examples. Like if you have some sort of defense against Durability Negation then it wouldn't work. Durability Negation already has set levels. Like Lille Barro from Bleach isn't going to shoot holes in a 4D character.

But this only works with matter manipulation though. I don't see why Death Manipulation from Ainz wouldn't work on the Omni-King. Like you need to show resistance to something you can't just be physically stronger and then it doesn't work. Because types Durability Negation affect things other than the physical body.

But that's the thing, what does instant death affect? Or Barro's shooting holes ability (idk much about that character). If the durability negation negates durability, then what exactly is it affecting? This isn't about Ainz wank or whatever, this is about what medium does durability negation operate on. You can't tell me atomic bonds have nothing to do with Overhaul's ability. There has to be an explanation.

And regarding mind control, the fact that one person is controlling the other simply means that the brain is being affected. And the brain is atoms and cells and electricity or whatever, so if someone has really strong atomic bonds how exactly is he gonna be mind controlled? From my pov, some characters wouldn't even need mind control counters when you consider their physical structure itself. Proffessor X shouldn't be able to break through Freeza's brain simply based on the fact that Freeza is composed of cells that are bonded together strong enough to survive universe level attacks. I still stand firmly by my point that atomic bonds are durability negation's negation.

Back