• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragonball tiering

Shouldnt super vegito be listed as multi solar system level since gogeta who is canonically stated to be weaker than vegito is listed as 4A

Vegito is scaled from the official manga continuity, whereas Gogeta is scaled from the anime.

shouldn't Vegeto be scaled from the anime too since he showed up in super?

Super is accepted to follow the anime continuity here right?

No. Super is considered as part of the original manga continuity, due to contradictions with the anime.

Shoot. I forgot about that. How do we work with that, if Vegito is canonically stated to be better than Gogeta? And we currently have Gogeta as >>>> Vegito in every stat.

Gogeta is an anime only character, whereas Vegito appears in the manga/DBS continuity. If there is not a footnote explanation already, we might have to create one, however.

technically super does use anime only characters like Gregory on king kais planet and Hercules students, and it followed the same time slot as kai and everything even showing anime flashbacks and such to from the anime, so tbh it uses anime material as reference for sure. However if we decide to ignore that and only use manga regardless then yes I agree a foot note explaining the discrepancy is a good idea.

Well, as far as I understand, there were also strong inconsistencies between DBS and the DBZ anime, such as Frieza's stay in hell.

Anyway, I am very tired, but I suppose that I could write a footnote.

Yeah, they changed some stuff for sure to in super. Actually no villains kept their bodies in hell according to the manga, only a few select individuals got to have them in manga as a privelage like Goku, in teh anime they actually gave tehm bodies, so its actually a change from both anime and manga, but even a bigger deviation from manga tbh.

But yeah a footnote at least sounds like plan, maybe note how it is due to seperating manga and anime, and that Vegito would theoretically be the stronger of the two when comparing anime continuity versions. If it helps at all Vegito has been compared to SSJ4 Goku in guides with them saying he is perhaps even strogner.

Joseph619 said:
DBZ anime vegito > db manga vegito. Two separate continuities
We understand this, the problem is that Super seems to use whichever one it wants.

Case and point: Gregory, and Yamcha being a Baseball player, both anime only.

Actually Yamcha is a baseball player, that is Akira Toriyama's idea. I learned that from Geekdom101 and he's pretty smart when it comes to this stuff.

You are right about Gregory.

RadicalMrR said:
Joseph619 said:
DBZ anime vegito > db manga vegito. Two separate continuities
We understand this, the problem is that Super seems to use whichever one it wants.
Case and point: Gregory, and Yamcha being a Baseball player, both anime only.
Well greogry and yamcha are minor characters. Their existence doesn't have much impact in Super. Also isn't Kai full of fillers in the Buu saga? It's definitely not canon in that sense

tbh there is no concensus on what is "canon" since there are flaws with any stance really, and there is no official canon. Personally I accept the anime and manga as "canon", including Super, pat 1 and 2 since they seem to use anime only events as referance in Super, also they do so in the official guides like daizenshuu and chozenshuu to. With things like GT and movies beign considered "side stories" or alternate realities in interviews, or alternate tiemlines such as xenoverse/DBO describes them, but no matter how you try to make everything fit, inconsistencies always come up, but its that way with most fictions that are long running so nothing new.

Well, we had to choose either the manga or the anime as canon, so we went with the original.

Anime and manga are incompatible with each other. The same event that happened in the anime could have happened completely different in the manga. Especially with Super.

So one of them has to be decided to be canon. Albiet either option has its flaws and assumptions, but we certainly can't decide both of them to be of the same canon. At times they go beyond simple contradictions rather there is no way both of these things can be true at the same time.

I do agree both have flaws no matter which you choose and there are going to be inconsistencies. I just see the anime being used as the reference for Super more than the manga due to things like anime only characters showing up, anime flashbacks being used, and some changes like villains having bodies in hell being taken from anime over the original manga where they didn't have them.

Either way though I wouldn't fault anybody who chose to only use manga, anime or both, lets face it, AT or TOIE don't differentiate between anime and manga continuity after all, its all fan based, and AT has said both are simply dragon ball, well actually separating GT and movies specifically as "side stories" or alternate "dimensions".

Normally we would chop this to all being filler since most long running anime like to bring filler back but since we dont do that for super it becomes really difficultto evaluate things.

Like if super brings up the kid buu destroying a galaxy thing, people will go ape s*** over it.

Well, if Super mentions the galaxy-destroying feat, we would likely have to spend quite some time reevaluating the DBZ statistics.

Dragonball has 3 continuities on this wiki: Manga Dragonball -> DBS; DB -> DBZ -> DBGT and Movie DB(Z)(GT).

Neither should be scaled to one another, which is why I strongly disagree with movie characters being scaled of anime characters.

Yeah, the movie character are likely scaled wrong, but the alternative is to give most of them unknown ratings.

Not really, there are enough of movie feats that basically put them on the same level as they are now. It's just a matter of correctness.

Okay. I suppose that you could start a contemt revision thread about it, if you wish, but there are no guarantees that the staff will have the time and energy to help out.

Back