• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragonball 4th Wall Break?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early Dragon Ball had this sort of stuff. Just like how the author of the manga panicked when Goku transformed into a great ape.

And, anime outros generally have that sort of thing.

So is that a yes for Fourth wall break? especially if the author PANICKED at Great Ape Goku

Seems like one time gag feats. After that, you pretty much never see it again, since Dragon Ball started becoming more serious afterwards.

Yes I agree with this. Early DB was kinda gag type manga anyway so kid Goku should have it just like Arale. Also in DBS, both Goku and Vegeta interacted with the narrator. Why would it be non canon?

So kid Goku and DBS Goku/Vegeta should have it imo.

I think this should be in CRT section.

I saw in the other thread that some people disagreed with this so I put it in questions and answers, if a staff agrees then I think this could be moved to CRT

Well, the other thread was about Beerus getting it. People disagreed with that.

I guess you should ask an admin to take a look here.

Hmm. I would still prefer more staff input before going ahead with this.

Db started as a gag manga so this sort of stuff happens, as it became more serious i don't remember this sort of thing though, the whole interrupting the narrator stuff though posted above wasn't in the english sub from my memory, so just a dub thing probably, if it was then i guess Occasional limited 4th wall breaking is fine, otherwise just seems like a one off thing when the series was still a gag series.

It was in the sub too. I can't find the link for the sub right now but it was in episode 30.

Agreeing with CP. Goku as an adult never once does this again, not once, even accidently.

This just seems to be a one time thing when the DB manga was a gag at first.

Why is this important anyways? It has no use in combat and adding it to everyone with a brief 4th wall break is a waste of time.

Occasional limited 4th wall breaking is fine then i guess.

Although i think this is such a minor thing, that isn't even useful.

Well it is an indexing site first rather then a vs debating site. I mean that was the reason given when summoning was added to Goku's profile, even though it is not combat applicable and he only summoned Zeno once.

Not only that, it was added in his standard equipment too.

That is a good point. But from a debating point of view.

I am just saying it was decided that: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1097867

"We are an indexing site first and foremost. Whether this is useable on not does not matter."

"We are an INDEXING SITE first. not a vs debates site only. There are plenty of non-combat applicable abilities in profiles."

"The point would be to make the profile accurate, you know, kinda the point of the wiki?... "

"Because the power of the profiles have absolutely no control on whether or not something should be included. Accuracy does."

We already have abilities that are not combat applicable like "Summoning" and "Heat Generation" for DBS Goku and "Aura" for GT Goku. And I am sure almost all profiles here have some abilities that are not combat applicable. It's already understood that anything related to the 4th wall is not combat applicable in the first place, yet we list them.

I personally support the comments I quoted, about being indexing site and accuracy of the profiles. But it is honestly not a big deal to be worried about. So I'll leave it up to you all.

Okay. I think that AKM is correct. We should strive for accuracy.

So, should we add "Occasional limited Breaking the Fourth Wall" for child Goku, DBS Goku, and (DBS) Vegeta?

as much as i agree with akm's stance, i don't think vegeta should get that because it can be passed off as a one time thing for him. as promestien said 'adding it to everyone with a brief 4th wall break is a waste of time.'

sense goku has done it more than once adding 'occassional limited...' wont do any harm for him

Considering the fact that Vegeta was around for a long time and never once did something like that, and even in this example he only interrupted the narrator only once. So one can say that it is a one time thing until further evidence. So I am okay about not listing this for Vegeta.

I also thought the same thing about Goku previously, that it was a one time thing until episode 30 of DBS. In that, Goku interrupted the narrator many times and even didn't let him finish which made the narrator mad. So imho, "Occasional limited Breaking the Fourth Wall" for child Goku and DBS Goku would make sense.

Okay. Are you willing to handle it if I unlock the two pages?

I will unlock the pages then. Tell me here when you are done.

Okay. I will lock the pages and close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back