• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Quest Revival Discussion Thread

By the way, there is an existence of a 2-B cosmology given these scans.
WdwQW72.png

HBOGvzP.png

Can you also please send me a request on discord? Me and Fanofrpgs struggle agreeing on anything Erdrick trilogy wise and we need help doing things
I might do it later, I have Jury Duty tomorrow. And as for FanofRPGs, I don't have him on my friends' list sadly. Nor can I share his friend code without consent.

I might do it later, I have Jury Duty tomorrow. And as for FanofRPGs, I don't have him on my friends' list sadly. Nor can I share his friend code without consent.
Dw, I’ll invite you to make a gc. You won’t have to worry about anything then. My discord is ᡶꫝꫀ ᭢ꫀᨶꪹꪮꪑꪖ᭢ᨶꫀꪹ#4090. I change my name a lot so I put new discord down

I've been interested in getting more into Dragon Quest lately I've played through a few games and I've also been curious about it as a verse so wanted learn more about it, Though i noticed the profiles where incomplete, I've been trying to learn more about Estark and the sources on his stuff, i saw some in old posts in the forums but some of the links are dead or locked, I was curious if anyone else has the ones I'm missing, Supposedly there's one saying Estark's attacks "transcend dimensions" specifically which I'm just curious about it, I know he has others statements saying he himself is above space time though I'm interested to see this other statement as well

I've been interested in getting more into Dragon Quest lately I've played through a few games and I've also been curious about it as a verse so wanted learn more about it, Though i noticed the profiles where incomplete, I've been trying to learn more about Estark and the sources on his stuff, i saw some in old posts in the forums but some of the links are dead or locked, I was curious if anyone else has the ones I'm missing, Supposedly there's one saying Estark's attacks "transcend dimensions" specifically which I'm just curious about it, I know he has others statements saying he himself is above space time though I'm interested to see this other statement as well
DQ games are very fun, glad you are getting into them. Estark scales somewhere near The Goddess via using her power iirc. I don’t remember if he had a transcend dimension attack. Though it’s taking longer than I thought to discuss and go through these revisions. Most of the DQ scalers are inactive and I can’t come to an agreement on certain scaling with Fanofrpgs. Any support you or anyone could give us is deeply appreciated.

I've only played DQ1,DQ8,DQ9,DQ11, DQ Builders and DQ Builders 2, Though I've been trying to study up more on the verse though info is scarce it seems, There's a lot of stuff I've been trying to look into more but either the links are dead or the source aren't documented

Last edited:
I'm just getting my bearings so i'm more so just trying to learn atm, Like Rubiss isn't "The" Goddess just a goddess right?, Correct me if I'm wrong but in DQ 1-3 she's the goddess that's always being referred to but she only made Alefgard and isn't the Goddess people refer to in other games? (Also does anyone have a link to the comparison between Alefgard and the real world the source linked on Malroth's page is dead)

Last edited:
So with the main Goddess what's the original source that they made all the other universes since Goddess can be relative right? Like the Godess referred to in 11 might just be the Yggdragon right?

Last edited:
Actually sorry i might need to take that comparison back seems they might have always refer to multiple gods in 11, Maybe that's why the Churches have a different symbols then other games?

Random quotes i took from the script
OqjDxeK.png

There is stuff here
Screen_Shot_2022-12-04_at_5.42.46_AM.png

There are countless dream worlds that are also confirmed to be universes. Some more details here

There is a lot of stuff to further emphasize 2-B cosmologies. Also, I was talking to a friend on Discord and there is a lot of stuff to push for more upgrades. I also heard some strong likelihood of Immeasurable speed being legit since Estark outright transcends the very concept of space, time, and dimension. And that's also Acausality type 4 at minimum.

Scans with translations from FanofRPGs blog

There's also more indication that pretty much all end game bosses are reincarnated that my friend is also talking about and also had a bunch of stuff above. There's more lore regarding consistent Light and Darkness shenanigans and Dragon Quest Heroes does make consistent multiversal cast. I am iffy on a possibly Low 1-C but I think it might be possible.

I don't doubt there are countless universes which make up the cosmology, I was just curious what the original statement saying the main Goddess made all of them was, Also i had come across that DQ Monsters scan of Estark in of FanofRPGS older posts it looked like he might of had another scan describing an attacks alongside it which is the scan i was looking for , Do you happen to know what it might've been?

flv7VLP.png

There is stuff here
Screen_Shot_2022-12-04_at_5.42.46_AM.png

There are countless dream worlds that are also confirmed to be universes. Some more details here

There is a lot of stuff to further emphasize 2-B cosmologies. Also, I was talking to a friend on Discord and there is a lot of stuff to push for more upgrades. I also heard some strong likelihood of Immeasurable speed being legit since Estark outright transcends the very concept of space, time, and dimension. And that's also Acausality type 4 at minimum.

Scans with translations from FanofRPGs blog

There's also more indication that pretty much all end game bosses are reincarnated that my friend is also talking about and also had a bunch of stuff above. There's more lore regarding consistent Light and Darkness shenanigans and Dragon Quest Heroes does make consistent multiversal cast. I am iffy on a possibly Low 1-C but I think it might be possible.

My take on this, it seems the dreams of people are all projected into one universe? I mean, if each Dream is just one universe, there is a lot in the Dream World that one man couldn’t have dreamt. I think that the Dream world reality travelled in is a culmination of everyone’s dreams in the real world. After looking at the video, I’m not sure which to believe. Because how would the Dread Fiends be there? And how the Zenithian Castle came into the Real World. It’s confusing, yet late, so I’ll look into it another time

This is agreeable. Estark should also have Beyond Dimensional Existence for obvious reasons

I would look more into this as well, but Low 1-C seems too far of a stretch, unless there is some blatant feat I’m missing

I don't doubt there are countless universes which make up the cosmology, I was just curious what the original statement saying the main Goddess made all of them was, Also i had come across that DQ Monsters scan of Estark in of FanofRPGS older posts it looked like he might of had another scan describing an attacks alongside it which is the scan i was looking for , Do you happen to know what it might've been?

flv7VLP.png
As far as I’m aware, there are various Gods and deities. There is no doubt The Goddess rules over several universes, but all of them is a stretch. Like she’s blatantly shown to have been the creator goddess of the Zenithian macrocosm and to an extent DQ Heroes 1 universe, but others are either not blatant, or incorrect. FoRPGs thinks The Goddess referred to in DQ3 is the same as the Zenithian one, which I heavily disagree.

Like the only non-evil gods we know are Rubiss for Erdrick Trilogy, The Unnamed Goddess of the Zenithian Trilogy, Numen of DQ7, Zenus of 9, and Yggdragon of 11

Also to clear some confusion if there is any I'm not asking about this scan because i don't think Estark is beyond time and space or anything I'm just trying to track down a possibly lost scan to save and re-catalogue them

I was just trying tracking to track down the other scans saying that he is to catalogue cause there was a few, I'm not arguing against this I'm just asking if someone had or knew about the other scans from FanofRPGS older posts the DQM one is the main one that's shared around but i know there was a few others like one possibly for his attacks alone
Also i had come across that DQ Monsters scan of Estark in of FanofRPGS older posts it looked like he might of had another scan describing an attacks alongside it which is the scan i was looking for , Do you happen to know what it might've been?

flv7VLP.png

Last edited:
So the first part of the crt I wanna cover at all is the Erdrick Trilogy. We’ll have 3 separate crts and eventually tackle them one at a time (at least my thought process)

It’s clear discord discussion won’t work so we need to decide the revisions for the trilogy here. Me and FanofRPGs had a discussion and can’t come to an agreement. We are trying to decide whether Erdrick Trilogy is High 6-A (can be some other value, but this is a placeholder) or 2-C (via Goddess scaling). I heavily disagree with Goddess scaling and he agrees to goddess scaling. Let’s figure this out before we go any further

What's a quick summary of the things for and against 2-C Erdrick Trilogy then, Was the main thing just Zoma breaking the sword?

Last edited:
Well, my friend also had further information about not just Zoma but the end game bosses of other Dragon Quest games being reincarnations of Calasmos. There's a lot of lore about the Infinite light and Darkness through out DQ which a lot of it comes from both Heroes and XI's Tockles. The 10 bosses fought before End of Time are directly copies of the end game bosses of all 10 previous DQ games. And all were born as reincarnations of Calasmos.

Interesting, I was aware of the 10 bosses before the End Of Time being incarnations of previous bosses that parts pretty explicit but i didn't know there was something directly confirming them as incarnations of Calasmos as well, Because if that's the case then yea i think that'd be fairly solid

Last edited:
What's a quick summary of the things for and against 2-C Erdrick Trilogy then, Was the main thing just Zoma breaking the sword?
The things for 2-C Erdrick Trilogy are Zoma scaling to The Goddess, Zoma Breaking the Sword of Light, Boss Appearances in DQ9 and other games, and Zoma being a reincarnation of Calasmos

Problem with these is that DQ4 Goddess has no reason to be assumed the same as the one mentioned in DQ3, and it’s already said to be Rubiss, Other appearances seem to be non-canon tribute to other games (could potentially warrant different keys), Zoma being a reincarnation of Calasmos is completely assumptious and never stated directly, Sword of Light breaking happens to be the only 2-C feat, but Zoma has been fighting on-par with someone who has only shown High 6-A feats since the Dawn of time, which logically would make the sword of light breaking an outlier

Well, my friend also had further information about not just Zoma but the end game bosses of other Dragon Quest games being reincarnations of Calasmos. There's a lot of lore about the Infinite light and Darkness through out DQ which a lot of it comes from both Heroes and XI's Tockles. The 10 bosses fought before End of Time are directly copies of the end game bosses of all 10 previous DQ games. And all were born as reincarnations of Calasmos.
Where does it say this. The bosses before End of Time are just copies made by it alone.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Zoma need to get stronger to break the sword?, It was a process that took years cause he needed to feed of the despair of people trapped in Alefgar

The profile looks good
Although, now that I look at it again, a problem is the lack of scans. Most of the DQ profiles have this problem and things like Immortality and resistances might need scans. I am still very early into DQ9, so idk what the context is for Morag’s immortality but something useful in maybe a gallery tab or an Imgur scan could be used to show Morag’s resistances (could be a copy of the DQ wiki (not the fandom one, I like the https://dragon-quest.org/ one better because it shows resistances too, along with some other things)

Even Corvus?

Although, now that I look at it again, a problem is the lack of scans. Most of the DQ profiles have this problem and things like Immortality and resistances might need scans. I am still very early into DQ9, so idk what the context is for Morag’s immortality but something useful in maybe a gallery tab or an Imgur scan could be used to show Morag’s resistances (could be a copy of the DQ wiki (not the fandom one, I like the https://dragon-quest.org/ one better because it shows resistances too, along with some other things)
Her immortality comes from being a demon
Also supported from her statement of planning to spend eternity with the Wight Knight who she cursed to spend eternity as an undead

Back