• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Z Anime & Dragon Ball Super Manga Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be possible to create seperate profiles for the non-canon versions of Dragon Ball Z/Super Characters?

For example, the main difference between Z Canon and Anime is statistics. Such as Cell Saga and onwards characters being 4-A via scaling from Broly and Majin Buu, who gradually destroyed galaxies.

The difference between the Canon Super Anime and the Manga is Abilities. Such as rather than being Low 2-C, Infinite Zamasu has at least High-Mid regen and Duplication. Goku is also able to use Hakai.

I don't remember how, but I think you are right. Since Zamasu was able to regenerate the part of his body that was erased.

I guess so tho he only regenerated a part of his body he had to use a hostage to stop Goku from continuing iirc

The manga version is also extremely weaker (Shockwaves across the universe was recalced at 4-A or 3-C)

Jiren has a casual MFTL+ feat, and is faster than MFTL+ ships like the one Toppo used to get from Belmod's lair to the a random planet.

The manga is far weaker than the anime, beerus and champa were going to destroy the universe, but there was no mention of space-time from what i remeber, that's a 3-A feat, meanwhile in the anime ssg goku and beerus were going to destroy the universe, and goku's base form absorbed the ssg power, and he can stack multipliers on top on that, plus he got 10x stronger in between the universe 6 and universe survival arc.

Then manga zamasu has no Low 2-C feat while anime zamasu does, so all the gods and angels are just 3-A, while the anime versions are Low 2-C for being above infinite zamasu.

@Dark and Celestial yeah FP Beerus and Champa, sadly that doesn't scale to SSJG Goku since Beerus never went full power against him.

Also Manga Goku doesn't absorb the power I think.

Like how many different profiles of superman do we have on here again? Like 20 i would say, we can easily just create new pages for the manga characters since the manga and anime display clear differences in feats, they require their own pages.

Manga is extremely weak compared to the anime.

No showings to warrant MFTL+ combat scaled from angel staff travels

The universe shaking feat is barely 4-A

Fused Zamasu is 3-C at best with an statement that might be hyperbole

Hakai doesn't erase existence but turns the opponent into sand.

It takes two GoD's fighting at full to destroy a universe which is 3-B at best.

Infinite Zamasu is just copy+paste ad infinitum rather than him becoming one with the universe.

I actually support the DBS manga profiles. It has actual input for Toriyama, he personally not only approves but reviews each and every chapter (which he doesn't do with the anime, he only writes rough draft). We don't even know how much Toriyama works with the anime. The only reason manga isn't considered superior canon is because it's a promotional material, but input wise it gets more from Toriyama where he monitors every little thing Toyataro expands on, and Toyataro can't put anything on the manga which Toriyama doesn't like (from the latest interview released earlier this month).

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/927844658801025025

Also DBS manga has diverged well enough from the main anime to be considered its own continutiy. They now have enough difference in plot and also different feats. It's not much different than Superman reboots. I wouldn't have supported this a year ago but DBS manga is no longer a spinoff (it was never really a spinoff, just an alternate continuity), but its own established story. And obviously canon

We have plenty of non canon Dragon Ball profiles, DBS manga won't hurt.

Just using At least 4-A as a placeholder til I find the calc. Also currently not including his other Z forms.

Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 4-A | Unknow, possibly 3-C

Name:
Son Goku/Kakarot

Origin: Dragon Ball Super Manga

Age: 12 years old at the start of Part I. 46 or 49 years old during the Universe 6 Saga (Uncertain birth date. Spent 3 years in the Room of Spirit and Time)

Classification: Alien (Saiya-jin [Saiyan in the English Adaptations]), Martial Artist, Deity

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Afterimage Creation, Flight, Chi Manipulation for defensive (Can use his ki to enhance his natural durability and harden his skin to the extent he's able to block sword attacks from a fellow Super Saiyan with only his finger) and offensive (Can shoot ki blasts capable of crossing thousands of kilometers and blowing up entire planets) purposes, Can create flashes of light to blind his opponents, Telepathy and Mind Reading, Healing, Telekinesis, Ki Sensing, Can transform to increase his power even further (Can either use his Kaioken technique to get up to a 20x boost linearly in all of his stats or use his Super Saiyan transformations up to 3 for an even greater boost in all stats), Teleportation, His power increases substantially each time he recovers from nearly fatal injuries, Resistance towards Electricity. | All previous abilities, plus Instant Disintegration via Hakai.

Attack Potency: At least Multi-Solar System level (Comparable to Beerus, who quite literally defeated SSJ3 Gotenks by spanking him, his punches created shockwaves that reached the Other World, crossing the universe.) | Unknow, possibly Galaxy level (Capable of combating Fusion Zamasu (Manga), who mentioned that he would "reduce the galaxy to ashes" in the process of his attack. Could be hyperbole.)

Speed: At least FTL+ (Leagues above even Vegito, to the point he is on a practically entirely different level.) | Likely Massively FTL (Capable of being on par with Fusion Zamasu (Manga).)

Lifting Strength: Unknow

Striking Strength:
At least Multi-Solar System Class | Possibly Galaxy Class

Durability:
At least Multi-Solar System level | Possibly Galaxy level

Stamina:
Incredibly High in Super Saiyan God form (Suffers from nearly no stamina depletion from using the form, making him comparable to a Base Goku in terms of stamina). At least Above Average as Super Saiyan Blue (Has to generally use a fraction of his full power due to how fast Super Saiyan Blue depletes his ki.) | Incredibly High (By keeping his ki inside, he practically wastes no stamina in his physical attacks or by his form.)

Range: Standard melee range. Universal with ki attacks/shockwaves (Shockwaves reached the Other World).

Standard Equipment: None notable

Intelligence: Goku has mastery of various martial arts techniques and skills (can also copy techniques after seeing them once, including the kamehameha [Which took 50 years by a master to develop] and the Hakai); years of experience fighting both powerful and diverse enemies whom have various abilities and powers. Is a combat/tactical genius for the most parts. Goku was the first to realize that Super Saiyan states were wasting an extreme amount of energy just by powering up to it, mastered the form despite the huge amount of stress (psychological and physical) the state puts on his body, which is more effective than training two years physically in the Room of Spirit and Time. Also devised different usages of the Kamehameha such as propelling it with his feet, homing in on targets, altering its path and range, using Ki to augment his physical strength, and so on. Capable of predicting dozens of strikes from an enemies mid-combat as shown in his battle with Hit.

Weaknesses: Goku cannot survive in the vacuum of space. He needs energy/life signatures to lock on to use Shunkan Ido effectively. His Genki Dama requires a long "charging-up" period and only works on people with sufficiently evil hearts/souls.

Notable Attacks and Techniques:

• Ki Blast: The most basic form of energy wave.
  • Invisible Eye Blast: Goku has the ability to shoot an invisible blast of ki out of his eyes. He uses this twice in the anime (once in the manga). The first (and only time in the manga) was when he used it to dig a hole in the Namekian ground to bury Vegeta's corpse in, after he was killed by Frieza.
  • Destructo Disk: The user holds their hand into the air, conducting ki in the form of a razor-sharp disc, which is then hurled over and around the body to cut the target.
  • Kamehameha: Goku's signature energy attack, even though it was invented by Master Roshi. Goku first learned this technique after witnessing Roshi use it to extinguish the fire on Fire Mountain. Goku has also invented numerous variations of technique, including the Bending Kamehameha, SuperKamehameha Kaio-ken Kamehameha, Double Kamehameha, Twin Dragon Shot, Angry Kamehameha, Flying Kamehameha, Instant Kamehameha, True Kamehameha, and Kamehameha Rebirth. He now gains a far more powerful version after mastering his godly ki called the God Kamehameha or Burst Kamehameha. He can also use them in his Super Saiyan forms.
  • Continuous Kamehameha: Goku releases a rapid barrage of energy blasts at his opponents, causing a massive accumulation of damage. Also called Super Energy Wave Volley.
  • Solar Flare: The user spreads and places their fingers on their foreheads, discharging a blinding flash of light.
  • Homing Energy Wave: A move where Goku fires a Ki Blast that targets his enemy. He used it against Pikkon.
  • Kaio-Ken: Goku forms a red ki aura around his body, multiplying his power level, enhancing his strength and speed. The highest level of this attack used is x20. Goku does not use it much after becoming Super Saiyan. However, Goku has a technique where he combines the Kaio-ken with his Super Saiyan transformation, the Super Kaio-ken; this is done on one occasion, in his fight against Pikkon. As of Dragon Ball Super, Goku once again used Kaioken in conjunction with Super Saiyan Blue against his fight with Hit. However there was initially supposedly just a 10% chance of the technique working successfully, and othervise ending in failure and likely severe consequences.
  • Genki Dama (Spirit Bomb): One of Goku's signature attacks in which he conducts the spirit energy of all nearby living organisms, forming a ball of power and size depending of the amount of harnessed ki energy. Its power was used against many powerful opponents such as Vegeta, Frieza, Dr. Wheelo, Turles, Lord Slug,Super Android 13, Kid Buu and Omega Shenron. It was also absorbed for increased strength in Super Android 13!. It has a few variations: Large Spirit Bomb, Instant Spirit Bomb and Super Spirit Bomb.
  • Shunkan Ido (Instant Transmission): Also called Instantaneous Transmission the user places their index and middle finger on their forehead, sensing a person that they can teleport to. Note: Instant Transmission is teleportation, not speed. When Goku told Trunks it was light speed it was a translation error.
  • After-image technique: This technique is a short burst of extremely high speed, moving faster than the opponent can sense. This has the side effect of leaving a momentary "after image", until the opponent's senses adapt and realize their target has moved.
  • Dragonthrow: Goku's signature grapple throw. He uses an example of this move on Frieza when he grabbed his tail during their battle on Namek.
  • Full-Nelson: Executed by performing half nelsons with both arms, though Goku only used this once against Raditz.
  • Hasshu-ken: A technique, used to counter Tien Shinhan's Four Witches Technique, in which Goku moves his two arms so fast that they each appear to be in four places at once, effectively giving him eight arms to use in combat.
  • Crazy Fist: This is a distraction move designed to confuse and taunt the opponent. Goku who acts like adog or a monkey, barking and jumping around to scare his opponent. Goku uses this in reaction to Jackie Chun's (Master Roshi's alter-ego) use of the Drunken Fist.
  • Rock, Scissors 'N' Paper: An attack in which Goku delivers either a strong punch, a poke in the eyes, or an open palm strike.
  • Tornado!: Goku spins while rushing on the opponent to attack him/her. Used against Nam.
  • Mind Reading: Somewhere along the trip to Namek, Goku taught himself how to read the minds of others, by placing his palm on their head.
  • Hakai: Copied from Beerus, which erases the existence of an enemy when Goku gets close enough.
Key: Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan Blue | Completed Super Saiyan Blue

Other
Notable Victories:

Notable Losses:

Inconclusive Matches:

AguilaR101 said:
Manga is extremely weak compared to the anime.
No showings to warrant MFTL+ combat scaled from angel staff travels

The universe shaking feat is barely 4-A

Fused Zamasu is 3-C at best with an statement that might be hyperbole

Hakai doesn't erase existence but turns the opponent into sand.

It takes two GoD's fighting at full to destroy a universe which is 3-B at best.

Infinite Zamasu is just copy+paste ad infinitum rather than him becoming one with the universe.
Power levels don't matter here, this is an indexing site. Manga could be tier 11 yet if it was the primary canon it would warrant profiles.

The manga grand priest version didnt apply his power nullification to the battle between toppo and goku, though he may do that later on.

SomebodyData said:
@Joseph I don't think he's arguing against profiles...
I see. Never mind then. However I think the latest interview of Toriyama alone gives enough support for new DBS manga profiles. He actually works on it far more than the anime from what we know. That alone warrants profiles, since we have bunch of non canon stuff anyway. What do you think?

(I posted the interview link above, although you have probably read it anyway)

Looks nice, only needs minor adjustments.

the "unknown" should be "at least MSS"

Hakai when listed as a notable tech should be described as only being capable of disintegrating opponents.

I've always been fine with Manga versions of Vegeta, Goku, and Fusion Zamasu since they're different enough in my eyes.

@Aguila thx, and yeah, I need to update it a bit, I copied it from my Manga Goku profile on JBW.

If anybody has any objection now, they could simply be linked to Toriyama's interview. If the manga wasn't said to be promotional it would certainly be the primary canon by now, given how much more Toriyama works with it. Regardless, it doesn't matter now we just need broader community approval

the manga is better explained in some ways. But not that reliable since we can't say what toriyama pays attention to more, anime or manga.

ProspectX said:
the manga is better explained in some ways. But not that reliable since we can't say what toriyama pays attention to more, anime or manga.
We do. There are 4 interviews which tells us how much Toriyama works with the manga. None for the anime. Toriyama is not on the list of directors, script writer or storyboard for any episode, you can find it on Animenewsnetwork.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=17006

SomebodyData said:
I wouldn't say primary canon, just that it has more assistance from Toriyama.
Well as long as both are considered 'canon'. Although I have seen some people on the wiki saying that DBS manga non canon which is not only wrong, but it's the closest to pure canon we can get after the original DB manga (excluding single chapter publications like DB minus or jaco manga)

Anime Goku is also massively stronger than the canon version. Namek Saga SSJ is Large Star. And Cell Saga and onwards is Multi-Solar System and Massively FTL+.

Doesn't Goku also have abilities he only used in the anime as well?

I remember there's an anime only feat where Goku Kamehamehas away from a star on his way to Namek has that ever been calced?

It's that true that manga Hakai can't erase a person from existence?.

The manga goku does not have the feat Multi galaxy + with beerus? I have the volume at home and it says: "a se rythme, l'univers est en danger" at this rate the universe is in danger

TeenAngel101 said:
No, it just turns them to sand/dust.
Then it is transmutation?, because ki attacks can vaporize/dust people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back